test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The party trolls of Neverwinter

leheupleheup Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
The other day I was collecting some woolen screps from the field when all of a sudden I heard the bellowing of what could only be descibed as a VERY unhappy person.

Ill leave out the expleetives and focus on the overriding message that was put out onto Zone chat.

A group of what seemed 2,3 or 4 people under the banner of "Denial" had kicked someone just after clearing the endboss of Spellplague Caverns effectivly denying them of their loot from the chest and from the boss drop.

I then realised that this must have been goinf on for sometime as although this is the 1st time i have even considered this to have happened, im certain this has been rife, most people putting it down to either a bug or a glitch.

I hope that the devs will put into place a failsafe that say after 15 mins in a dungeon or instance "kicking" privelidges are globally revoked so as to avoid this.

I felt so sorry for the person.

100% this needs to be addressed Dev's please fix :)
Post edited by leheup on

Comments

• imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That coin has a second side too, though.

If you remove the ability to kick someone from your group, the entire group will be exposed to the abuse or bad behavior of that one unkickable person. For instance, I have kicked a couple (as in: two) people when the end boss was at 5% because they had previously rolled "need" on every boss and ignored the wish of the rest of the group, and then ran their mouth and mock the players who had actual need for those items that they won. I whispered every other party member and asked if they are okay with what I proposed to do. Kicking them at the end boss, right before the chest, was a social consequence for their behavior. If this option had not been there, the persons would have been further rewarded and possibly upset yet another player in the group.

I'm not saying that kicking someone at the end boss for no reason is all right. It isn't, and I would never do it and have never seen it being done. But the solution isn't as easy as disabling the ability to remove an undesirable from the party, because then you put the desire of one player over the desires of four other players.

I agree, though, that a voting feature is needed so that the power to remove players is not in the hands of just one person.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, making people kick-proof just allows people to act like jerks.
    Everyone else would have to quit the group in order to get away from them.

And a vote to kick wouldn't even help in cases like the OP described; The four guildies would all vote to kick the one outsider anyway.

There is no perfect solution, though a vote to kick is certainly a better system than what they have now.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then make it that you cannot Kick someone just before or just after the Boss battle. This way jerks can be kicked for being a jerk but a good party member cannot be kicked by a party of Jerks.:cool:
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's the problem I see with no kicking: AFK at the entrance, and rolling need on every single drop. In another MMO, you couldn't kick people from the group in their PvP instance, so they would join your group, and then go AFK. It was especially sucky when they were the only healer, and there's no way to replace them, since you can't kick them once you're in. Add this to inability to kick ninjas, who will rage no matter what, and removing the ability to kick hurts more than it helps.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    Then make it that you cannot Kick someone just before or just after the Boss battle. This way jerks can be kicked for being a jerk but a good party member cannot be kicked by a party of Jerks.:cool:

I would go with something like this. After a certain point, say 80% completion, all members of the group are kick-proof.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The ability to kick people is also a necessity, i've kicked a couple of guys being rude with the team via the in-game voice chat and a ninja. I also kick people not being able to get in the instance. The game wouldn't be friendly without some basic rules forcing people to behave nicely.

But kicking people during and shortly after boss fights shouldn't be possible. Everyone should be able to get his chest and roll for the purple loot.
  • vulpanguevulpangue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This in combination with a vote kick could actually work.

Make kicking impossible as soon as the party has entered the boss room - there even is a countdown beforehand, seems perfectly fitting. Also, vote kicking should be something any party member can initiate. That way party leaders would not be safe to leech off the group either.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Then at the end boss, someone can roll need on an item without fear of consequences. Right now you can kick someone after they rolled need and their roll will not count if someone else still has to roll.

But there is no perfect solution (other than running with friends and guildies), though if the need/greed system changes, one of the main reasons why someone might need to get kicked would be removed.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • newton182newton182 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Its horrible they dont give you a reason they just do it either for the reward better chance or the fact one person in the group doesn't like your gear set up for the level. Its a joke and im getting pissed off with it that im considering just voting to kick people like a a hole.
  • newton182newton182 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    in the last 2days should have mentioned that plus one time was another arcane caster who didnt want to compete with me for epic armbracers/arm euipment.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1. Necroposting is generally against forum rules. In some cases we let it slide, depending on the purpose of the thread and other factors, but with a post like the one above...no, just no.

2. Making threats to troll and grief other players ingame isn't going to fly very far either.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.