test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Known Issue: Unable to Authenticate

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone,

We are aware that some users may be unable to log into Neverwinter at this time and are receiving "Unable to authenticate" messages. We are currently investigating the issue and will notify everyone when the issue has been resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks,

Dwight

Update 1 - Looks like they might have found a fix for it, testing it as we speak. Will update everyone with more information as soon as we get it.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Before the issue of not being able to log in the game was suffering terrible ingame lag and rubberbanding if that is any help , A dwarf killed me because I couldn't fight back xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    jilvix1337jilvix1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    please post here when it's fixed
  • Options
    esb704esb704 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thx Dwight, appreciate it if we could be reimbursed with loads of black ice for all the time we are missing...lol Kidding :)
  • Options
    omnicyborgomnicyborg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well i just finished doing the blacklake skirmishes with my new lvl 9 cleric, and when i gonna see my archer vl 60 at same account, the game crashed and now it say unble to autenticate... weird
  • Options
    diemdarkbringerdiemdarkbringer Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    it is also happening on CO and STO, granted CO is the forgotten child you no longer want, which is why we can't get any updates or even acknowledgment of the problem over there.
  • Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Things happen.

Especially when you'll go partying and forget to feed the squirrels and, forget to put the ban hamster back in it's cage.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • Options
    ndasahndasah Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Gateway is not working as well? :-(
    Perfect timing with my BI Profession finishing right now :-/
  • Options
    pattitto00pattitto00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Issue?? Sure?? And what about the gateway?? It says is "under maintenance". I'm the lucky guy that have 2 "issues" at the same time?
  • Options
    dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
    edited May 2014
    ndasah wrote: »
    Gateway is not working as well? :-(
    Perfect timing with my BI Profession finishing right now :-/

Yeah sorry abut that, looks like access to the Gateway is also down due to the servers being down.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thought the problem was my end,makes feel better that it isn't.

I bet it was a back log of waukeens purses suddenly showering the server with coins... chance would be a fine thing. ;)
  • Options
    lollernoob9lollernoob9 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Might see if it is affecting users in a certain time zone or such. I am GMT ))
  • Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014

PST.

Probably not all that far from them...relatively, that is. Southern Oregon.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ah the return of the ddos. I remember it happening around the same time last year >.>
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    edited May 2014

The account server is down ,it makes no difference where you come from , everybody who logs into the game has to go through the same account server.
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    Ah the return of the ddos. I remember it happening around the same time last year >.>

Yeah that's what I was thinking , the dreadful rubberbanding and lag before it crashed and just before it went down the account server was clearly struggling when trying to log back in after d/c .
  • Options
    torvinemtorvinem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2014
    I think they are hunting the powries who got loose in the server room. All Action Points were drained from the account servers. Unfortunately the witherers still keep the problem active.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    torvinem wrote: »
    I think they are hunting the powries who got loose in the server room. All Action Points were drained from the account servers. Unfortunately the witherers still keep the problem active.

WITHER your connection!
  • Options
    kadopssyslmnmofokadopssyslmnmofo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is there any kind of time frame? My buddies and I were gonna hop on around 3.... Hopefully it will be up by then!
  • Options
    baradur03baradur03 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »

What's ddos?
  • Options
    alildoalildo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Also, cant get into the free zen for surveys page, says "Your account needs to be at least one week old and have
    a character at least level 10 in order for you to take
    advantage of this feature." I've only been a member for about 18 months, and have numerous lvl 60's.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    baradur03 wrote: »
    What's ddos?

Denial of service attack online - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    distributed denial-of-service is a method used to incapacitate servers or networks by flooding their system with never ending requests thus slowing and then stopping all service. It was something that was an issue when the game came out of beta as well.
  • Options
    verzavusverzavus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Don't suppose they will compensate for time loss regarding daily quests? -.-
  • Options
    macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    torvinem wrote: »

posts like this are why these forums need a +1 karma system. =)

+5 funny! /nods
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    verzavus wrote: »

Very unlikely , it probably isn't their fault in any case.
  • Options
    aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2014

They're going to compensate us for not having access to a free to play game? They can give us more free time on the game, perhaps?
  • Options
    abdurrahim85abdurrahim85 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I still cant log in into the game. Still the game says Unable to authenticate.
    Booring
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Who knows what will happen. All I can say is that people want access to the game.
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    WITHER your connection!

Connect you slow!
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    posts like this are why these forums need a +1 karma system. =)

+5 funny! /nods

+1 for using "loose" correctly, too. :)
  • Options
    footrainerfootrainer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They're going to compensate us for not having access to a free to play game? They can give us more free time on the game, perhaps?

No, but they could throw a double xp next weekend to help our alts or something like that...

/Foo