test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gateway down?

quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Or is it just me?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• odee24odee24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yup. can't connect too.
  • lexvianlexvian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yes, its down also login to the game doesnt work
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you actually read the message that comes up it says: "Gateway is undergoing maintenance" - so it's technically not "DOWN" - it's "Offline" for maintenance. Threads like these make me smile.
  • mrdensitymrdensity Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I probably missed it, at least as far as Neverwinter is concerned, but there was no message that the gateway is undergoing maintenance message. Any ETA on when it will be back up again?
  • feebelmindedfeebelminded Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cant log in either. Can we get a response to this pls?
  • sunnie2sunnie2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you actually read the message that comes up it says: "Gateway is undergoing maintenance" - so it's technically not "DOWN" - it's "Offline" for maintenance. Threads like these make me smile.

Actually, when the service is down for actual "maintenance", you will get redirected to a maintenance page. The small popup message is just a default when things break.
  • karasumarokarasumaro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "Unable to authenticate" but the server is signed up....what the hell?
  • pclover10pclover10 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2014

It does NOTsay that... server status shows green and it only says "unable to authenticate". so, no reason for smiling...
  • boomah1boomah1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Getting the same thing. No pop-up's , just Unable to Authenticate.
  • odee24odee24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    if the gateway site is on actual maintenance then they should point it to the maintenance page which they do have.

this site:

http://gatewaysitedown.playneverwinter.com/
  • snoogens711snoogens711 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This must be a surprise maintenance or something happened this morning. Everything is green but the Authenticate is unable. Guess no playing for awhile. I thought it was just me until I found this forum. This blows...
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    With no announcement or formal dev post, could be an automated message when it is down. Semantics, but if you NEED to correct someone, sure, whatever.
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    odee24 wrote: »
    if the gateway site is on actual maintenance then they should point it to the maintenance page which they do have.

This site:

http://gatew.....ayneverwinter.com/
    do not trust will not click.
  • p3st3p3st3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1. Server Status show up and running.
    2. Not even a single word about maintenance on the whole login screen.
    3. Message say "Unable to authenticate: " an nothing else.
    So if this isn't a bug tell me what is it (issue? LOL).
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    With no announcement or formal dev post, could be an automated message when it is down. Semantics, but if you NEED to correct someone, sure, whatever.

It is automated. As has been pointed out, when Gateway is actually down for maintenance, it goes to a redirect page rather than generating an error on the normal login screen.

Also, announcements.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sihvebisihvebi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh. Good. I was worried somebody wouldn't open a completely new thread for this rather than participating in one of the existing threads regarding this issue. :P
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.
  • tenborotenboro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Its not just Neverwinter, just tried logging into Star Trek and got the same message.
  • dean340dean340 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited May 2014
    they likely use the same authentication server for everything ARC.
  • msalignedmsaligned Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2014

and if mine actually made any comment about anything to do with any server/gateway that would be really helpful, but, since mine does not ...
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ~smiles more~
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ~smiles more~

Why? Because it's really, actually, honest-to-jeebus down?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • shefdawgshefdawg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I keep trying the gateway site every few days from different sources and ever since I came back to the game I cant get into it. I keep getting the same disconnect loop no matter what I try to do on it.