test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RP private channel

jtrivjtriv Member Posts: 1
edited May 2014 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
I am reluctant to simply put my RP channel out here due to trolls however The True RP community seems to be small in comparison to the Game population as a whole. So im inviting all those true RPers (Characters have story's, history, lore, personality's, etc) to join my private Channel RP Nation. IF you cant find it please contact me in-game at Khal'abbil@jtriv. I also run a lore based guild Focused on the worship and "direct" guidance of Tempus called the Lords Of battle. ranks being a mix of my own and the ranks from the tempuran church. (example my newbs are acolytes, my officers Battle-chaplains. the leader "me" a chosen of tempus" the guild has its own lore "we have existed since before the spell plague. etc etc. but back to channel id love for people to join and really give a new depth to in game. interacting with players in true RP. (example' how would a coward thief react/talk to an Extremely old and powerful chosen warrior. Or how would a follower of shar act/speak around a follower or tymora. etc etc. )the channel is also where people can discus with likeminded people about char story etc. I myself am quite a forgotten realms and D&D lore head and im Shure some more of you out there are as well. so for a short time ive made this channel public. but only for a short while. after which it will go back to invite only. but please if you miss the public open then simply mail me. Don't be shy. thank you just remember custom channel RP Nation
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Heya! I own several channels and three of them would be great for someone active in the RP scene to use for a RP channel.

Forgotten Realms
    Moonstone Mask
    Neverwinter Roleplay

If you're interested in using one of these instead, let me know. I'd be happy to transfer ownership.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is this an IC channel. because if so. I may join.
    There is an ooc channel, but I much perfer actually organizing Rp and other ingame related things IC than organizing things ooc. The ooc channel I'm mentioning is mostly riddled with idle ooc talk and less Rp organization. And if I wanted that, I'd just join an Rp guild that talks ooc in guild chat (as most do).
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Me too, if it's a IC channel I'm all for it. If not, then I'll just stay with NWRP :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Y'know what they need to do - allow players to "reserve" the Moonstone Mask - this would be something like a private instance of the entire building, and would be invite-only. Have a modest population cap - like maybe 20 people, and if the idea takes off, other such instances could be made available...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited May 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Y'know what they need to do - allow players to "reserve" the Moonstone Mask - this would be something like a private instance of the entire building, and would be invite-only. Have a modest population cap - like maybe 20 people, and if the idea takes off, other such instances could be made available...

This sounds something better suited for the VIP area.
  • jtrivjtriv Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    Yes. normal conversation is "In character" and is a place to conversate In character. there a posted rules on channel for haveing to say something ooc. and though im not a tight string kinda guy i dont want it turning into just a zone chat. or normal chat channel. im perfectly fine with an extremely small comunity of devote RPers. for example if your char a woman. i expect you to be a "woman". if you understand that. the channels ment for us to fully be our charecters in "real" time. OOC is to be limited. internet and things like that dont exist. nor does a friends list. so for example. this is not allowed
    person 1: Has anyone seen khal'abbil around today
    person 2: Fiends list says hes in icewind dale

However this is a good example of allowed the sorta OOC allowed

Person 1:Same
    person 2:According to my scrying(friends list) he seems to be somewhere in the dale.

or something along those line. because ofcoarse things will come up that need clarification. putting these in () will allow people to understand what u mean. whithout truely breaking char. however full conversations in ooc are asked to be limited to in the world,tell, party, etc. i hope to have people join me as i try and bring a classic and more indepth DnD feel to our neverwinter experience. i also love to run dungeons and just hang around. using IC and emotes etc to really go all out.
    edited May 2014
    And on a side note ive noticed alot of rp that turns into ((blah blah)) conversation. that is also not allowed. besides the ocasional explination similiar to one above. all ooc chater is to be done outside the channel.
    edited May 2014
    Ah, so it is a IC channel, I'll definitely join in today then. :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited May 2014
    Then this is the kind of channel for me then!

Edit: Im actually having trouble trying to join the channel. It may be because theres a space in it. I noticed custom channels dont like to have spaces in them.

Edit: #2 it actually is saying its an invitation only channel.
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    jtriv wrote: »
    for example if your char a woman. i expect you to be a "woman".
    Can you clarify this bit please?
    edited May 2014
    I think he means that you should play the role correctly, and act like it, although I might be wrong.
    Also I tried joining a few days ago but I got a message that said I had insufficient privileges :/
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited May 2014
    it is. i removed it from public access. eliminates trolls all together. simply find me in game. mail me through NW or ARC W/E or put char name on here. any is fine with me. names Khal'abbil
    edited May 2014
    I think by it just being here eliminates the likelihood of trolls. Making it private kind of makes it inconvenient for anyone else to join and having them have to wait questionable amount of time. What trolls that would enter would be minimal.

I've mailed you ingame a few days ago about this issue and not being able to join.
  • preygirlpreygirl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hi. **** **** here. do i go to the chat in nwn game or mIRC or where?
    thx!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    preygirl wrote: »
    hi. **** **** here. do i go to the chat in nwn game or mIRC or where?
    thx!

These are in-game channels. You can join them by typing /channel_join channel_name into the chat box in the lower left.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • preygirlpreygirl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thanks! i'll try it
    edited May 2014
    I still havent gotten a reply from the OP. Im thinking its a good idea of getting together with a bunch of Rpers to make a dedicated IC channel for everyone to use, like how the ooc nwrp channel is right now.

Especially with the event going on now, it promotes foundry playing and makes great opportunity for adventure Rping.
    edited May 2014
    Its been made public and cleared. simply search RP Nation and it should let you in
    edited May 2014
    jtriv wrote: »
    Its been made public and cleared. simply search RP Nation and it should let you in

Alright excellent
    With enough advertisement, This can get passed around and used more frequently.

The reason I've seen IC channels die is because its not as well known about as the ooc channel and many people who would use it simply doesnt know about it.

I'll pass the channel info to my friends and any Rpers I've met/encountered
    edited May 2014
    yeah its was great when acouple friends on here played with me. but they stopped playing. and now im all alone. lol and noone in mask ever seems to be interested. i do admit though its hard to IC with people youve never "met" not knowing rac eoff bat etc. and then its wierd cause like HOW ARE WE TALKING WITHOUT BEING AROUND ONE ANOTHER. lol with firend though tell weve come to the conclusion we use psionic powers or magical items like special scrying orbs. but i mean it does feel weird at first what do you do "hey i just decided to shoot my thoughts out into space and hope a telepath picked them up. how are you" lmao. IC rp through a mass channel can be difficult at first. and not much of it in mass is done so there no reall code for it.