test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So is Roar supposed to..

feedthefirefeedthefire Member Posts: 49
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
..make you unable to use powers for two whole seconds even when you are CC immune?
Or is it just yet another glitch that has been here since beta? It's even more annoying than Disruptive shot interrupting through CC immunity, and since mod 3 there seem to be more people abusing it than ever before.
Post edited by feedthefire on

Comments

• iliveforpvpiliveforpvp Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    ..make you unable to use powers for two whole seconds even when you are CC immune?
    Or is it just yet another glitch that has been here since beta? It's even more annoying than Disruptive shot interrupting through CC immunity, and since mod 3 there seem to be more people abusing it than ever before.

Both Disruptive Shot and Roar are interrupts, not CC.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, I dunno what's going on but it gives em about a half a second to get closer to me after use. The interrupt seems more like a stun.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    All my casts are getting interrupted while I'm CC'd by Roar.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    the roar interrput is bugged atm duration of the interput is buffed by 25% coz of bugged Relentless Battle Fury feat
    tryed with feat and w,o u can see the difference of the interput
  • risendragonrisendragon Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2014
    Roar has been bugged since it has been out. Does all sorts of things it's not supposed to.
  • feedthefirefeedthefire Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2014
    False. Disruptive shot is daze. Roar in PvP works as stun if used on a target that isn't CC immune (mobs in PvE seem to be just pushed away without any stun afterwards).
    Also TR's Dazing strike does exactly the same as Disruptive shot.
    All three of these CC skills, when used on a CC immune player, interrupt them (and Roar in addition "silences" them for two seconds). And I fail to see any reason behind it.

On a side note, interrupt is considered a form of CC as far as I know.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I believe it's supposed to interrupt a target only once, like dazing strike and Disruptive shot. Instead it just does interrupt over time making it one of the best CC abilities...not CC? Well, it does completely prevents you from doing anything you would to strike back?

And if you say it's okay and not broken, then why the hell it interrupts plaguechanged maws in spellplague? I don't think it works as it supposed to.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    False. Disruptive shot is daze. Roar in PvP works as stun if used on a target that isn't CC immune (mobs in PvE seem to be just pushed away without any stun afterwards).
    Also TR's Dazing strike does exactly the same as Disruptive shot.
    All three of these CC skills, when used on a CC immune player, interrupt them (and Roar in addition "silences" them for two seconds). And I fail to see any reason behind it.

On a side note, interrupt is considered a form of CC as far as I know.

This is all i was gonna say. And its not 2 seconds its one second. use any of these on a GWF in unstoppable thats spamming an at will attack. they will suddenly stop for a whole second and then continue.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Its bugged. If you feel someone is exploiting it, you can report them in-game.
  • mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It is completely bugged and goes through any CC immunity you have up. Impossible to Catch - Roar makes it possible. Broken!
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • v1rus89v1rus89 Member Posts: 83
    edited May 2014
    Completely broken, goes through everything and stops everything you try to do
    Virus, Enemy Team.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited May 2014

CC Ignoring skills : HR root , DC Guardian of Faith, GF Terrifying Inpact, TR Courage Breaker,CW Oppressive Force

And all class have 1 Feat or skill focused to ignoring tenacity .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

I wanna agree with this guy, apparently he lives for PvP so I'm assuming he knows his stuff!

Roar at least is listed as an interrupt which is considered CC in most MMO's and MOBAs. I do not think it "stuns" for 2 seconds or whatever people were saying. I do not think roar going through CC immunity is something that needs be changed.

Far be it from me to defend anything GWF! I think it is by far the stupidest most broken class in the game, (and it has been since... Well... ever) but Roar interrupting through CC immunity is the least of its problems. Maybe energy should be focused on getting other things toned down?

And the point that almost every class has something that goes through CC is valid and should be considered when looking at the bigger picture of class balance.

For instance, if they do tone the GWF down, and buff the other classes as they said they are going to do, and left their "roars" alone, GWF would very quickly find itself at the bottom and in need of further balance.... Again... And do we really want them trying to buff GWF again?
    Enemy Team
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Yeah it's pretty devestating to have it stun you out of a dodge.

You can say it's not a stun but you can't move for like 2 seconds or do anything. With disruptive shot at least you can move.
    CC Ignoring skills : HR root .

What? No, you can dodge out of roots. It's the main reason nobody uses roots. Rogues can ITC out of them and GWFs can unstoppable out of them.
    CW Oppressive Force

You can dodge this as well, although it hits twice so you're not likely to dodge the 2nd hit. It won't do anything if you're in unstoppable.

The only one I think you're right on is the GF daily, and it's a freaking daily, not a spammable GWF ability with 50% cooldown reduction.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Note that when you are hit by roar, the status effect says root.
    Thats why you cannot move for that breif period, but its absolutly not 2 seconds. sometimes its less than a second since sometimes I can dodge before the GWF can follow up with takedown.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wait a min, since when DC GoF ignores cc immunity?? I don't think i have proned any unstoppable or ITC rogue before!!
  • broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Roar is currently doing something it shouldn't.

We all know that the server receives instructions from the game clients and this causes a queue of commands to form.

The queue can look like this in Gauntlgrym:

CW-Icy;Player-AtWill,DC-Exhaltation,GWF-Roar,Roarinterupts;

At the end of this queue, if the player using the At-Will in the second incident is the target of roar, that player gets hit by Icy Rays and misses their place in the queue to do their at-will as it was removed from the queue by roar.

Although this admonishes roar of any culpability, there are more queued commands that get in front of the at-will. This means roar is working for longer than intended.

If you scale up the above to include more players and actions, it not only pushes the at-will of the target to the back of the queue, but the back of the entire queue.

Remember the noise coming from the pc internal speaker when you'd typed 15 keys within a second? It's gone now but in terms of command queues, roar works for longer than intended. The last millisecond of the roar interupt lasts longer than the server refresh rate due to command queueing.

I've got some reticle issues meaning my GWF turns a few degrees when using roar (it spread to Takedown for me yesterday), so I don't use it. Unless I'm on a boss in PvE when it crits for 27k every 6 seconds.

It is bugged, and in more ways than manipulating the command queue.

Also, it's incredibly difficult to 'report' this bug in live action, as you only notice it when affected by it, meaning you then have to spend the next minute typing the ticket with the facts in the combat log. Not many want to stop, screenshot their combat log, start OBS record the incident and report the guy with the overclocked GPU.

It's not reported anywhere near as often as it happens.
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    It is indeed bugged. I am working on a fix for it here, but I don't have a timeline for when it will see live. The gist of the change is as follows

1. It will no longer incorrectly ignore CC Immunity. This goes for the pushing effect as well as the interrupt.
    2. It will no longer Root players.
    3. The interrupted power will be placed on cooldown for 2 seconds if a power is successfully interrupted by Roar, rather than every time they are struck by it.
    4. Activation time will be sped up just slightly.

This should preserve it as a tool to be used to slow down an opposing player's advance, but make it a little more risky to use without watching your opponent's powers. Given that the major CC component of the power is now conditional (the silence being on successful interrupt rather than on hit) I have sped up the activation slightly to make this a bit easier.

Thanks for finding this bug guys!

EDIT: Rewrote #3 for clarity.
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    any chance to fix GWF swordmaster skill Flourish?since mod 2 its bugged and doesnt benefit from Armor Penetration , also speed up of the animation or CC immunity during it would be nice cause it takes quite long time to cast it
  • broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    It is indeed bugged. I am working on a fix for it here

I'm probably wrong in my assertions, but a sincere thanks to you for commenting on this topic and also being in a position to rectify!
    edited May 2014
    It is indeed bugged. I am working on a fix for it here, but I don't have a timeline for when it will see live. The gist of the change is as follows

1. It will no longer incorrectly ignore CC Immunity. This goes for the pushing effect as well as the interrupt.
    3. Players will only be silenced for 2 seconds if a power is successfully interrupted by Roar, rather than every time they are struck by it.

This should preserve it as a tool to be used to slow down an opposing player's advance, but make it a little more risky to use without watching your opponent's powers. Given that the major CC component of the power is now conditional (the silence being on successful interrupt rather than on hit) I have sped up the activation slightly to make this a bit easier.

Fix those skills and dalys too ,CC Ignoring skills : HR root , DC Guardian of Faith, GF Terrifying Inpact,CW Oppressive Force also effecting some bosses.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Fix those skills and dalys too ,CC Ignoring skills : HR root , DC Guardian of Faith, GF Terrifying Inpact,CW Oppressive Force also effecting some bosses.

You're wrong about those skills. They don't ignore cc-immunity like Roar does. Only one that might is Terrifying Impact- a GF daily.

For example, get rooted by an HR- pop Unstoppable- you're no longer rooted.
  • syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

3. The interrupted power will be placed on cooldown for 2 seconds if a power is successfully interrupted by Roar, rather than every time they are struck by it.

the effect of roar now is not a ROOT.. is a DAZE (freeze)
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
    edited May 2014

BY the way what will it do in pve ? Cuz in pve will agan usless? silence dont effect mobs

In a name of pvp nerf pls all our skills to range dmg 1-2 .
    I used my char in PVE .
    And roar cannot push bosses from edge . OFC THE KING OF PVE CAN PUSH BOSS DOWN this is not a problem but the stupid gwf can interrupt my char!! "I can push him prone him root him too" but this is noooo problem . Lets say it 1 coin 2 head 1 nerf for gwf pve Sentinel he cant tank now and 1 nerf to GWF destoryer so he cant push adds and iterrupt her . COOOL THNX FOR ALL CW AND OP HR s. To nerfing the another figther to hell.
    edited May 2014
    You're wrong about those skills. They don't ignore cc-immunity like Roar does. Only one that might is Terrifying Impact- a GF daily.

For example, get rooted by an HR- pop Unstoppable- you're no longer rooted.

This is not true root effect go to unstoppable and pull y back .
    Cw s opressing force push y also DC daly . And all those skills and dalys effect are apply on bosses too.
    edited May 2014
    Cw s opressing force push y also DC daly . And all those skills and dalys effect are apply on bosses too.

I think you're wrong about root working on unstoppable, otherwise we HRs would actually use roots. As it stands, they don't effect you while dodging or ITC/Unstoppable.

You can dodge the effects of Oppressive force.

Say you're in mid-dodge and a CW does oppressive force. It's not going to knock you out of your dodge.

If a GWF does roar though, it will.

Regardless, you're still comparing dailies to a spammable encounter.
  • syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    hey gentlemancrush... we all know that u are fell in love for GWFs and ask nerf is forbiden, but why dont give at all other classes a skill similar to unstoppable... if so, can u call that skill for HRs LULZ or ROLF?
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014

This fix cannot come soon enough.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2014

This is entirely made up nonesense. Even a GF can break free from a HR's roots by using Villain's menace. Unstoppable has the exact same anti cc effect... No offense intended, but you have stated in your sig, you have a 19k GS GWF and you don't even know the basic class mechanics?

• midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is not true root effect go to unstoppable and pull y back.
    That has never happened on my GWF since they applied the fix for roots going through immunity, ever. What are you talking about? The moment unstoppable is popped I run through the roots like paper.
This discussion has been closed.