test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Feedback Thread] Black Ice Weapon/Armor Drops

unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hey Folks, The Expansion is ok, im having fun farming and fighting invisible mobs and getting killed. But please can you maybe consider moving the black ice gloves to a purchaseable item or make the black ice items that are found BOE. Because i have run Major and Epic fights now plenty of times, maybe 30-40 times each and only found 1 purple item and it was something for the professions.

I know some people have gotten black ice gloves 5x over at this point, If anything allow the armor to be purchased and make the main hand and offhand drop this way everyone has a chance to get their armor expecially those with unlucky rolls or maybe even a zen store booster that allows us to open boxes to get black ice armor/weapons or something that will increase the drop rate by x change.

Thanks for listening!

@unrealized1977
Post edited by unrealized1977 on

Comments

• Options
    elthiruilelthiruil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree with this, the droprate for gloves, or method for getting the gloves is not well thought out, I got gloves on my dc, which I hardly play, yet on my cw which im almost always playing, got a couple of non-class epic items, no gloves. Theoretically, you could never get the gloves and never have a blackice set of armour.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey Folks, The Expansion is ok, im having fun farming and fighting invisible mobs and getting killed.

Gotta create a separate thread about that.

I got gloves on my DC from 3d Remorhaz. Then I killed it and all other HEs over 50 times, and haven't seen any purple drop except occasional Hammerstone offhand from Beholder. Most of the time I play with my friends, they still haven't got the gloves.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I doubt it would be that bad of a problem if the larger heroics spawned every half hour on weekends.

I'm in a similar situation as a GWF that might not be able to get into Kessell's as soon as I've unlocked it (corrupted belt from Icewind dale PvP campaign is only 2% and the chest/OH can only be upgraded at Tier 3).

I'm not capped out in terms of running the larger heroics, but the larger heroics don't spawn often enough. At 15.6k there is no real whine, but there is also no lack in damage output and damage soak during the larger heroics I do get into.

Some kind of failsafe needs to be in the next module like "100th click" to make sure the content can be completed. already had enough trying to farm FH for AoW boots, running in Fabled Ilyanbruen is ok, but running a 3/4 set with half a weapons set just to get into Kessell's Retreat long after it's already been explored and farmed?

"Here is the heaviest wooden sword in the game! btw our community loves characters that cannot complete their sets, have fun in group!"

|||||| AB or TT LF Remhoraz/Beholder/Cleanse the Corruption/Prospector Attack/Raid the Raiders/Remhoraz Hunt/Corrupted Bear Pack/Corrupted Wolf Pack/Any - whenever online ||||||
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Gotten gloves x 2 on my ranger. For those that know me I went through hell through preview to get the gloves never did due to in game issues, loot table and rangers. It was fixed.

Before DD chest were added, my wizard went over 100 TOS runs and never saw a t2 drop.

/edit and Mainhand x 6
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just to make the HR in the crowd weep, I've had the Elk Tribe blades drop for me twice from the Rhemoraz - the only two purples I've gotten from it.

Salvaged, as I was on my GWF both times. Stupid BoP...
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The random drop purples should be BtA (bind to account) instead of BoP (bind on pickup). Fortunately for me, the only set of black ice gloves that dropped were for the right class (hunter ranger). Unfortunately, it's the only purple IWD drop I've gotten so far.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seems rough to me too.

First, just the fact that the items drop from a random encounter in the open wilds causes everyone to dog-pile instances - now I'm no expert by any means - but that's got to be a contributing factor to the horrible lag.

Then the items are BoP so you have to multiply the chance of drop by the number of class variations to get the actual chance of getting what you are after and have the heartbreak of salvaging something cool that just doesn't fit on your toon.

How about boss drops a token that you use from a vender to pick your item?

How about make the rare mob pop in a dungeon where people can't swarm the area and lag the world?
  • Options
    korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How i suppose get gloves to my GF,never make enough damage to get those gloves or anything else epic or rare
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well I'm against making gloves purchasable for ice. Why? Because otherwise there's absolutely no reason to do the harder HEs.
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    You're right, but there is a way to alleviate the community disdain.

Don't use the 'rare' ticker on the box you get with 25 black ice as a reward. It's got the grey outline at the top, why say a junk reward is rare?

Oh wait!
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Well I'm against making gloves purchasable for ice. Why? Because otherwise there's absolutely no reason to do the harder HEs.

I agree. However, what about those as reward for finishing the Epic AND Medium HEs, in addition of the Drop Chance? As a new Achievement, basically, finish all HE related Achievements, recieve a Glove/Mainhand. That then STILL means 100 Minor, 100 Major, 100 Epic HEs, which is further gated by the Spawn Rates.
    Maybe split it up, at Tier 2 (50 Minor/Major/Epic each), recieve Gloves, at Tier 3 (the aforementioned 100 each) recieve Mainhand.
    This would have a chance at taking LONGER, but give people the chance to aquire their full BI gear regardless.
  • Options
    elthiruilelthiruil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yarknarf wrote: »
    How about boss drops a token that you use from a vender to pick your item?

There ya go great idea, and its not really that hard too implement either since they have done this with the Banner artifact seals - Seal of the Battlefield, well done I applaud your potential solution to an obvious problem :).
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've gotten two sets of gloves on my only chr, a TR, and both in Icewind. Interestingly enough when I check the item location in Collections (CTRL-j) it says it drops in Dwarven Valley.

Weird is par for the course for me.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    arontimes wrote: »
    The random drop purples should be BtA (bind to account) instead of BoP (bind on pickup). Fortunately for me, the only set of black ice gloves that dropped were for the right class (hunter ranger). Unfortunately, it's the only purple IWD drop I've gotten so far.

I agree either start making the items BoE or BtA or standarize the drops so that a particular heroic drops only one piece of purple gear ie certain 5 man heroics drops gloves for "YOUR" class and say remorahz drops main hand, or make the remorahz drop gloves only and beholder drop main hand only which would probably make more sense.

I don't believe BI armor has a set bonus for 4 pieces (I could be wrong as the gateway is down as of this writing) BI armor relies on black ice to charge up and over load slots for extra extra powers. so not ever getting the gloves i don't think is actually detrimental other than affecting people with the mentality of "having a COMPLETE" set of something (which I am one of those).

To me with mod 4 coming out i'm inclined to think that IWD is just a pvp test and distraction for the real mod which will probably not even need or require black ice armor. Again I could be wrong but IWD seems to be equivalent to a fad and will pass with no one but pvper's playing and even at that, the pvp seems to be largely dead many of us seem to just cohabitate for dailies with the occasional break of people ambushing. The zones never since start and i've been playing has had a mother lode in the pvp zone open NEVER, not to say I didn't miss it, just saying its not active enough that someone who logs in to do dailies then runs off to do other stuff non IWD related isn't getting any pvp action from the pvp "zone". Which I personally could care less about just thought i'd throw that out there. Just another example of maybe this being a passing phase until mod 4 is out.

For the record, I have done several big heroics you can see from all over the map and tons of the lesser ones. I have only ever gotten one purple drop also NOT for my class, so if BoP is the idea here when I get a drop it needs to be for MY class i'm playing!!!
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey. devs work hard, and these guys got a deadline.

Deadlines can sometimes unfortunately require one to prioritize what major issues to address, and which minor issues to delegate to a later patch.

Not everyone is going to be satisfied with everything so they are going for a "happy medium" where most people are satisfied with most things.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    elthiruil wrote: »
    There ya go great idea, and its not really that hard too implement either since they have done this with the Banner artifact seals - Seal of the Battlefield, well done I applaud your potential solution to an obvious problem :).

This is actually how it is in Star Wars the Old Republic, bosses drop a token (broken armor piece) that you turn in for whatever piece of gear you want for your class so like if there are three armor sets you get a piece of the set you actually want.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree either start making the items BoE or BtA or standarize the drops so that a particular heroic drops only one piece of purple gear ie certain 5 man heroics drops gloves for "YOUR" class and say remorahz drops main hand, or make the remorahz drop gloves only and beholder drop main hand only which would probably make more sense.

I don't believe BI armor has a set bonus for 4 pieces (I could be wrong as the gateway is down as of this writing) BI armor relies on black ice to charge up and over load slots for extra extra powers. so not ever getting the gloves i don't think is actually detrimental other than affecting people with the mentality of "having a COMPLETE" set of something (which I am one of those).

To me with mod 4 coming out i'm inclined to think that IWD is just a pvp test and distraction for the real mod which will probably not even need or require black ice armor. Again I could be wrong but IWD seems to be equivalent to a fad and will pass with no one but pvper's playing and even at that, the pvp seems to be largely dead many of us seem to just cohabitate for dailies with the occasional break of people ambushing. The zones never since start and i've been playing has had a mother lode in the pvp zone open NEVER, not to say I didn't miss it, just saying its not active enough that someone who logs in to do dailies then runs off to do other stuff non IWD related isn't getting any pvp action from the pvp "zone". Which I personally could care less about just thought i'd throw that out there. Just another example of maybe this being a passing phase until mod 4 is out.

For the record, I have done several big heroics you can see from all over the map and tons of the lesser ones. I have only ever gotten one purple drop also NOT for my class, so if BoP is the idea here when I get a drop it needs to be for MY class i'm playing!!!
    There is a 4 piece and 2 piece bonus for BI crafted gear.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    People actually think just 30~40 times as "having done plenty".

LoL. This is what happens if they make a casual, easy-to-play PvE content with hardly any real challenges.

I'd say its the opposite extreme, but to think that the members of regular raiding parties in WoW can run the same content for something like twelve to twenty weeks in search of just one rare drop item they seek... compared to that... casual-content players... no patience at all. Its like walking 10 steps and demanding a medal, when other, real serious PvE enthusiasts run the whole marathon. :rolleyes:

This generation of kids who seek instant-gratification in everything... what'll they think of next, I wonder :D
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Been farming it consistantly since launch (except when lag made it unplayable) one set of gloves. On my least used toon. Look. Simple if you don't change anything else just drop the requirement for Kessel. The those of us with lousy rolls can at least see the content.
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have got the gloves 4x already on my CW. I still got to see a main hand drop. 54 epic, 32 major encounters, and counting...

Please make them purchasable.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    kweassa wrote: »

LoL. This is what happens if they make a casual, easy-to-play PvE content with hardly any real challenges.

I'd say its the opposite extreme, but to think that the members of regular raiding parties in WoW can run the same content for something like twelve to twenty weeks in search of just one rare drop item they seek... compared to that... casual-content players... no patience at all. Its like walking 10 steps and demanding a medal, when other, real serious PvE enthusiasts run the whole marathon. :rolleyes:

This generation of kids who seek instant-gratification in everything... what'll they think of next, I wonder :D

Did it ever occur that weeks of playing for one item is only for those without jobs, handicaps or no life? I mean really let me point one thing out to you ... single player games of RPG value used to aim for 30 - 60 hours of game play, 40 - 60 dollars for a game in which you the player got to experience "ALL" the content the game had to offer if you were willing to do everything in the game. Some people banged out 40 - 60 hours in one week some did it over the course of a month or several months, playing a little at a time. Regardless the content of the game was available.

Now comes in the MMO, which wants more money out of people and ideally monthly sustainable income for long term. The idea that not everyone can have whats in a game comes to pass and now we have models that reward either people who pay pay pay or in this case play play play ... groups of people (and from what I can tell probably the same groups of people that don't account for the majority of the community by any means) will farm bosses to death making it so that other players can't get the end game content as they will travel around slaying timer based mobs.

On the bright side, I can only assume this is like how television works, new content is released watch it as it comes and if you don't you have to wait a certain amount of time before its readily available. This game I bet has a similar function, in order to make the new content last close to when the next MOD comes out the pace of the game is slowed with dailies and having to farm heroics with low drop rates.

Logic and a bit of assumption tells me that as MOD 4 comes closer either the drop rate of the main hand and gloves will increase as more and more people reach the reputation caps to unlock things or they will flat change the drops and make the main hand and gloves purchasable or possibly craftable.

If not then what I see is something similar to a previous post I made, this is a fad that will pass as nothing else but this mod will require black ice gear and as the new MOD comes out this will fade by the way side with few people being able to farm for gear.

I also could be wrong and what might just happen is the 30 man mobs of people running around killing the big heroics will lesson into the more traditional 5 - 10 man guild groups thus making it easier to get the drops. As it stands now it is probably very difficult to beat out one or two 5 man guild groups fighting a heroic for gloves and mh.

Anyone want to comment on what I had to say about this?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    OH and does anyone know, are your chances higher in getting drops if you are in a group of 5 as opposed to running around solo following large groups of people?
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    meldan3n wrote: »
    I have got the gloves 4x already on my CW. I still got to see a main hand drop. 54 epic, 32 major encounters, and counting...

Please make them purchasable.

You do realize the gloves drop off Remo and Raid the Raiders and to get the Mainhand weapon you need to do Black Ice Beholder and Prospectors Attack?
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OH and does anyone know, are your chances higher in getting drops if you are in a group of 5 as opposed to running around solo following large groups of people?

Makes no difference at all. As long as you participate and don't get the troll loot (25 raw black ice). If anything the more people around the greater the chance of successfully completing the heroic.
  • Options
    ocanoocano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kweassa wrote: »

If your idea of challenge is to run the same unchallenging event 400 times then I feel sorry for you.
    An event isn't challenging because you have to do it 400 times, an event is challenging if are having a sense of accomplishment of doing it the first time.

We have people in the guild that farmed events for 60+ hours before getting their drop. Zerging an encounter (recommended: 6-10. Actual in the event: 20+) isn't much of an accomplishment either.
    I'd say its the opposite extreme, but to think that the members of regular raiding parties in WoW can run the same content for something like twelve to twenty weeks in search of just one rare drop item they seek

Fortunately, this isn't WoW.
    ... compared to that... casual-content players... no patience at all. Its like walking 10 steps and demanding a medal, when other, real serious PvE enthusiasts run the whole marathon. :rolleyes:
    Flawed comparison. Currently, people that walk 10 steps a day for 2 years should get a medal while the marathon runner doesn't.
    You'd be surprised how old the average player is.
  • Options
    omgitslizwthomgitslizwth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm at 47 heroics and 22 epics, and have not seen a purple drop...its really infuriating they hyped this set to hell and back, but the only way to obtain it isn't through dilligant play but through the fickle blessings of a random chance of getting it randomly off an event that only spawns randomly.
  • Options
    haxintuhaxintu Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    10 more Epic's since last patch. Over 70 total with Rem & Raiders. STILL no gloves for my TR. Last time did 5 of six loot & chest on Raiders, torched 1 of the two wagons, hammered boss through play (had to have been as much damage as the nerfed TR can possibly do now). Cryptic should change this from random drop, to an earnable & let people know how they can earn these. Everything else is communicating to all the people who aren't lucking out prior to nerf drop patchews that they don't care about them. All they are doing right now is frustrating the majority of players. If they can't make it achievement based (complete 100 Epic HE and get drop automatically) or whatever they're ripping off all the grinders that don't assume its their responsibility to try and reverse engineer what can be done for drops. If people can't earn these things, have put in their 60 hours grinding out HE's - WHAT IS THEIR MOTIVITION TO KEEP PLAYING THIS GAME? WHAT IS THE RATIONAL REASON TO BELIEVE THEY WILL GET THEM?

Then again, maybe my toon's dice are weighted to lose.... Wouldn't surprise me after I am befuddled with the law of averages not applying to their chance rolls on enchantment upgrades....
  • Options
    desolator777desolator777 Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2014
    They handled this in the best possible manner. You shouldn't be able to get a full set of gear all the same way. First of all, that's snoozeville. Second, think of any movie like D&D: Wrath of the Dragon God. You have to go all over and do different things like search for stuff and combat and sneak into stuff then use magic. You gotta mix it up. All those movies where you have to assemble pieces of stuff to put it back together. I mean come on, Dragonball Z...the dragon balls! Additionally, nobody should ever complain that things are too hard to get. That's kinda the point. It keeps shortcutters with lots of resources from going into pvp with a full set on day 2. It makes you more excited when rare <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> drops :D Plus, you should blow up trolls and dwarves just to do it. I for one blow them up because my character is an angry racist who hates inferior races, loooool jk.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Did it ever occur that weeks of playing for one item is only for those without jobs, handicaps or no life? I mean really let me point one thing out to you ... single player games of RPG value used to aim for 30 - 60 hours of game play, 40 - 60 dollars for a game in which you the player got to experience "ALL" the content the game had to offer if you were willing to do everything in the game. Some people banged out 40 - 60 hours in one week some did it over the course of a month or several months, playing a little at a time. Regardless the content of the game was available.

Now comes in the MMO, which wants more money out of people and ideally monthly sustainable income for long term. The idea that not everyone can have whats in a game comes to pass and now we have models that reward either people who pay pay pay or in this case play play play ... groups of people (and from what I can tell probably the same groups of people that don't account for the majority of the community by any means) will farm bosses to death making it so that other players can't get the end game content as they will travel around slaying timer based mobs.

On the bright side, I can only assume this is like how television works, new content is released watch it as it comes and if you don't you have to wait a certain amount of time before its readily available. This game I bet has a similar function, in order to make the new content last close to when the next MOD comes out the pace of the game is slowed with dailies and having to farm heroics with low drop rates.

Logic and a bit of assumption tells me that as MOD 4 comes closer either the drop rate of the main hand and gloves will increase as more and more people reach the reputation caps to unlock things or they will flat change the drops and make the main hand and gloves purchasable or possibly craftable.

If not then what I see is something similar to a previous post I made, this is a fad that will pass as nothing else but this mod will require black ice gear and as the new MOD comes out this will fade by the way side with few people being able to farm for gear.

I also could be wrong and what might just happen is the 30 man mobs of people running around killing the big heroics will lesson into the more traditional 5 - 10 man guild groups thus making it easier to get the drops. As it stands now it is probably very difficult to beat out one or two 5 man guild groups fighting a heroic for gloves and mh.

Anyone want to comment on what I had to say about this?

I think you're onto something
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have a gf and have tried getting my gauntlets since day one.
    First tried tanking as much as possible.
    Now they mention in the forums is a dps race so im put on my dps gear 10k power and 2500 critical + perfect vorpal and full timeless hero set. Went in and have done a lot of dps... And i mean a lot... There are being times that im in the heroic encounter dpsing left and right to the point when the boss always ends up targeting me... Ive crit my highest crit of all time 111k on the remorhaz ...
    After all this i cant get my drop... Its stupidly how i can be alone and only reward i get is some dark rank 5 enchant, some potions and some stupid black ice.

There is definitely something going on...
    On first day my tr got 2 offhand 1 gauntlet
    and my gwf got 2 gauntlets and some random purple stuff...
    My gf... Only <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Im at 88 minor encounters,87 major encounters and 30 epic encounters.
    I m seriously thinking about forget about this whole campaing and about completing the set...
    Its stupidly absurd the farming these guys wants out of us for an item...