test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

afk in domination matches

dllindsey12dllindsey12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
there should be a system to report ppl afk during dom matches. ppl can report someone for being afk and they get a debuff. after the match ends and they still have the debuff they cant queue for anything for 30 mins and recieve no glory from the match either.
Post edited by dllindsey12 on

Comments

• Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    what if they had to go take a peew
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    there should be a system to report

No thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    it shouldnt take 5 mins to pee. i understand if you have to go to the bathroom/real life issues or something like that. but when you just afk just bc ur team is behind in points means youre worthless to the team. i keep trying no matter how badly im losing.
  • Options
    gausnengausnen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They should put a time limit on how long you can stay in the spawn area, if you surpass it then it flags you the same as dropping. Bio before queue.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    i like that idea.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    there should be a system to report ppl afk during dom matches. ppl can report someone for being afk and they get a debuff. after the match ends and they still have the debuff they cant queue for anything for 30 mins and recieve no glory from the match either.

Oh, the amount of abuse that feature would lead to... 10 minutes after it's released, 90% of PVP people would be debuffed/blocked...
  • Options
    jessebrownjrjessebrownjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2014
    Yes , yes it does..kicks you around 2 mins of tabbing out afk...i know because i was on the recieving end like 10x ! :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tenacity Who? Versus GF Master means nada.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    and most of these people just sit at the respawn point for the rest of the match if we are losing. or i found out a new thing they do...they log out.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    not going to happen ;p will get abused.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mod note: a number of posts were removed because of a post that was sent to the depths. had we left them in the thread, the discussion would not make any sense. also, trying to convince the community that AFKing in pvp is a strategy... is simply unproductive.

choosing to enter a pvp match is a commitment you are making to the other four people in your group. this is part of the reason why a leaver penalty was implemented. before, people would leave matches due to no matchmaking at all. now there is elo matchmaking and yet there are still some people that choose to cut out on the commitment they made by entering the match. based on the implementation of the leaver penalty, it wouldn't surprise me at all if PWE opted to include an AFK penalty. how that would work, i do not know, but i'd bet you can expect that to grace neverwinter in a future patch.
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    mod note: a number of posts were removed because of a post that was sent to the depths. had we left them in the thread, the discussion would not make any sense. also, trying to convince the community that AFKing in pvp is a strategy... is simply unproductive.

choosing to enter a pvp match is a commitment you are making to the other four people in your group. this is part of the reason why a leaver penalty was implemented. before, people would leave matches due to no matchmaking at all. now there is elo matchmaking and yet there are still some people that choose to cut out on the commitment they made by entering the match. based on the implementation of the leaver penalty, it wouldn't surprise me at all if PWE opted to include an AFK penalty. how that would work, i do not know, but i'd bet you can expect that to grace neverwinter in a future patch.

but to what end? until an ai is made to do all the fighting for us, what you seek will never be accomplished.

ethics and morality being thrown out of the window is part of the internet. expecting otherwise is just setting yourself up for failure.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ethics and morality being thrown out of the window is part of the internet.

what this has to do with game play is beyond me. it's understandable that a free to play game may attract all kinds of people but that doesn't mean that we must succumb to unsavory characters and actions.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    starbigamo wrote: »
    i am AFK right now :D Whats the point in trying to play as GF vs a team with 2 GWF and 2 TRs?

If cryptic cared a little a bit with balance i would AFK far less. By now its just keep being trashed by GWF and TRs.

Fought a team of 2 GWFs and 2 GFs earlier....

Cheapest pile of dung I have ever seen. GFs and GWFs mostly require your team to focus them down 1 by one but all they do is spam bull charge/takedown/dailies/UNSTOPPABLE/BLOCK:mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    or what about the people who just log out during the match? thats another one ive encountered recently. as well.
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    what this has to do with game play is beyond me. it's understandable that a free to play game may attract all kinds of people but that doesn't mean that we must succumb to unsavory characters and actions.

if that were possible, we would be living in a utopia

and like i said, to what end? you can force people out of a spawn, you can even force them to attack, but you can't force them to actually try. if forced out of a spawn, then people will just allow themselves to be a free kill and inflate the leaderboards even more. if forced to attack, then all that's necessary is to throw a single at-will within a single time-frame. no amount of coding or regulation can actually force a real fight unless u literrally allow an ai to fight for everyone whenever they want to.

starbigamo wrote: »
    i am AFK right now :D Whats the point in trying to play as GF vs a team with 2 GWF and 2 TRs?

If cryptic cared a little a bit with balance i would AFK far less. By now its just keep being trashed by GWF and TRs.

ironically, my dps cleric with high prophet forced a win against a 2 gwf team when my side had all ranged dps. if they actually focused my cleric, that definitely would have been a loss though.
  • Options
    qq88ppqq88pp Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    choosing to enter a pvp match is a commitment you are making to the other four people in your group.

This is your and a few other hard core PvP'ers point of view. There are a lot of people out there, who do not share that point of view. Get over it. It's a fact. You might feel noble or good or elite with it, but it is YOUR point of view.
    You sooner or later will have to accept that there are others out there who do not share it!

I can not commit to anyone I did not choose to commit myself to.
    There is no random in commit. You can not commit to something or someone you know nothing about.
    That is why there IS an option to leave a Party, be it PvE or PvP.

If it were as hard as you feel it shou, there would be no leave party option.
    This is going to be a hilarious discussion!
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014

This game has no policy on AFKing and leaving matches beyond the 30 minute penalty. Other games go as far as banning for it, Neverwinter does not. So the feeling of some that these action are inappropriate is merely a personal footnote. Like thinking no one with 7k GS should queue up or that everyone has to rush to 2 to start a match.
    Everybody is free to play the game within its boundaries and if you don't like that players aren't committed, you have to stop entering Domination. Not them.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    choosing to enter a pvp match is a commitment you are making to the other four people in your group.
    if the commitment would get rewarded without rewardcaps.
    and i guess boosting the team isn`t part of the commitment because of weird matchmaking.
    i afk without a doubt if others aren`t playing well, like off circle too much etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tcarnce wrote: »
    i afk without a doubt if others aren`t playing well, like off circle too much etc.
    Everyone has their own threshold where he start to sit at the campfire.
    Especially in PuG.
    Some players seem to have problem with that concept.

I can commit, without a doubt, to a team that I did join or create. There I have the option to talk, organize, and assess the team.
    After this, I can commit.
    I can not commit to being blind folded, hands tied and thrown into a piranha tank, as there is no other option (apart from forming a pre-made) to enter a PvP match. But this is what PvP PuG does.
    I don't expect commitment there.
    It is beyond my knowledge why there is no way to PvP gainst anyone chosen player/toon, or to PvP against a chosen group.
    Considering there is no value (AD, glory, whatever reward) to it and all involved agree to this match. Can not be hard, and is missing for a year now.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    yes but it`s all ok they introduce afk systems, but people not playing for a win should be handled with ;p
    but no, happend so much terrible players go blame me after i afk when they re not playing for circles.
    but i`m the one getting reported to the pwe costumer service if they play bad.
  • Options
    gorguts99gorguts99 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2014
    I love how everytime these green titled moderators blame, repress and gratuitely use the '' power '' of their virtual fonctions whenever someone stances against their own beliefs and point of views while their own behaviors are the same as the oppressed? Do you believe being a moderator grants you immunity to rules and general restrictions you try to apply to others?

This example just show to a sub-lower level that people with '' authority '' maintain falacious ideas and conceptions in order to maintain their mental equilibrium, which is an internal biological law. Imo, you really come down as a human when your free time is occupied to massively delete posts on D&D forums. You make me remember of people whose I know IRL, I don't talk to them.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    choosing to enter a pvp match is a commitment you are making to the other four people in your group. this is part of the reason why a leaver penalty was implemented. before, people would leave matches due to no matchmaking at all. now there is elo matchmaking and yet there are still some people that choose to cut out on the commitment they made by entering the match.
    You might have a point if ELO was actually working. Since the Mod 3 reset this is no longer the case. Matchmaking is as bad as it was before ELO was ever introduced, including PuGs being put against Premades.

It should be no surprise that AFKing is on the rise again.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You might have a point if ELO was actually working. Since the Mod 3 reset this is no longer the case. Matchmaking is as bad as it was before ELO was ever introduced, including PuGs being put against Premades.

It should be no surprise that AFKing is on the rise again.

people were questioning whether or not elo was working before mod 3. if they reset the rankings, then everyone is starting at square one which means you have to get a good padding of completed games behind you before you will start seeing any kind of matchmaking.

and afking was happening before mod 3 as well.

there just needs to be a penalty for it now.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

There is a penalty for AFK. Its being booted from the match after 2 minutes and being penalized.

What you want is that everyone not rising to your very personal unwritten undocumented rules of engagement having his or her account banned.
    And all that just because there are people out there that can not find other to join them in a team to enter PvP, that have the same high or low level of "morality"?
  • Options
    unbahunbah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014

And how about giving ppl some kind of reward for not going AFK in a match that they are bound to lose anyway? How about giving a PUG more than 150 glory for actually trying to do something against a 5 men premade with r10's? Fix the system first, before you start penalizing.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    unbah wrote: »
    And how about giving ppl some kind of reward for not going AFK in a match that they are bound to lose anyway? How about giving a PUG more than 150 glory for actually trying to do something against a 5 men premade with r10's? Fix the system first, before you start penalizing.

Sorry we prefer punishment over positive reinforcement here, ignoring what research on motivation has taught us.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    people were questioning whether or not elo was working before mod 3. if they reset the rankings, then everyone is starting at square one which means you have to get a good padding of completed games behind you before you will start seeing any kind of matchmaking.

What I'm encountering in Domination now is worse than it was immediately after ELO was introduced. My guess would be that's because they left ELO 'turned down' so the mismatches are exaggerated during stabilisation of rankings. Not sure it explains the sudden reappearance of premades in PuG matches though.

And I never said that AFKing didn't happen before Mod 3. I said it was on the rise since Mod 3 launched. Before instituting yet another penalty (whatever happened to positive reinforcement BTW?) it's probably best to wait until ELO settles down. If it ever does. When matchmaking was more reliable I wasn't seeing the levels of AFK I am now.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Instead of penalty, let's view it the other way around: BONUS. As in team bonus with x afkers.
    Now WHEN do we apply this bonus: it's when the "afker" is autobooted (mmm 2 mins afk? You tell me)

I mean, instead of punishing people around, kickvoting and such, all things that can be exploited easily, I'd say to use one nice thing that was present in the now defunct Warhammer Online: the AOO (Against All Odds). A bonus for a team overwhelmed in numbers in a certain zone. While that bonus was not intended to pump stats (but "renown", with which you could buy/wear pvp gear, like seals), we can do some mildly push here, calibrating it enough to not let it become a strategy.
    I mean, one less toon actively playing is a lot worse than any reasonable bonus given to the team due to its absence from the field right?

My 2 cents :)
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    i played WoW for 6 years...i never did rbgs or premades unless i queued with a few friends but it was never fully a 10m premade. this coming from someone who has pvp'd in games for a very long time. when you enter a battleground/domination...people expect others to do their job and help. they expect the healer to heal or if u have heals throw one out once in a while when someone needs it. they expect people to help, but when people dont it gets very frustrating. and when people afk it leaves a disadvantage to the whole team. in wow, people were able to say "report (name) afk" and if enough people did it they would get a debuff. the debuff lasted for 1 min. if they didnt enter combat after that 1 min, they they would get another debuff. after another minute they were forcefully ejected from the match and another person would join the queue. ive seen this many times over the years and it always ends up with the ones who give up not rezzing while others who still want to try still fighting to win.
This discussion has been closed.