test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BiS Mount

mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Can we bring back a chance to get shadow wolf mounts, or put them in the zen market!?

Any who, what's your idea of best in slot mount!?
1z4y45e.jpg
Post edited by mikeym80 on

Comments

• godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Arent all the epic mounts (even the legendary ones) got the same stat?
  • mehpvpmehmehpvpmeh Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    mikeym80 wrote: »
    Any who, what's your idea of best in slot mount!?

Blacksheep.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    I am a bit confused, are you using BiS to define your favorite visuals?
    BiS tends to define the best performing item disregarding visuals.

While I love the Shadow Wolf mount and event begged them to be Account Bound so I could give it to the HR when it was released it's not what I would define as BiS. Definitely one of my favorite visuals but not BiS.

On an unrelated note the Shadow Wolf is likely to return with the same CTA event. No news on when that event will occur but it will happen in time. :)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    So... what does BiS stand for? MMO's create too many darn acronyms for this old brain!

(Reading posts, does it mean Best in Slot? If so, what exactly do you mean by that?)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    So... what does BiS stand for? MMO's create too many darn acronyms for this old brain!

(Reading posts, does it mean Best in Slot? If so, what exactly do you mean by that?)

Yeah, it's "Best in Slot". Which is generally used by min-maxers to label the best piece of gear for a particular slot on your equipment window. Varies by class and spec, of course. (ex: "The BIS ring for DPSers is Apocalypse Band, which drops off the third boss in Flaming Pit.")

So, yeah.... doesn't really fit for "what's your favorite mount". /shrug
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah Zebular ,it means Best in slot so for the OP any of the epic quality mounts are BiS it depends on what look you like ,if you are buying one with Zen the Stormraider Clydesdale is best value at 2500 zen for an account wide 110% horse . The Shadow wolf will be back with the Pit fight CTA in all likelihood but that is only a 50% mount so other than how awesome it looks it certainly isn't BiS.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Like the others mentioned, the BiS mount would be anything with a 110% movement speed (epic mount).

As for favourite, I got the Heavy Inferno Nightmare. I got it because I like the design.

I think the Yeth Hound looks really cool too.

If you are buying an epic mount from ZEN store and don't mind the looks, then get the Stormraider Clydesdale. It would be BiS and also cheapest since it is accountwide so you are paying $25 for a mount on each and every one of your characters. So, the more characters you have the more value-for-money it will be. The horse is pretty good-looking too.
  • fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Whisky can be BiS. It means "Bottled in Scotland".

I'll just leave this here.
    Stay frosty.
  • prancerhoodprancerhood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I love using my Yeth a lot but if I would have the cash to make my Boar from the summer festival an epic tier piggy i'd definitely do so, that boar is my favourite-looking mount by far

i love boars

does anyone name their mounts for fun? my yeth is Franco and my boar is Heinrich
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Re: BiS
    Awesome, thanks for the info everyone!
  • captsplinkycaptsplinky Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Even though the Unicorn is a bit <funny> it's hard to beat something that farts rainbows
  • mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Calling a mount BiS was me just being cheeky. Basically if you have Shadow Wolf, you have best in slot mount. Imo =p
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • greygusgreygus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For me the BiS mount is the simple warhorse from buying the founder pack way back in the day. Y'all can have those shiny other mounts :)
    edited May 2014
    . . . On my main wizard, my "BiS" mount is my white tiger and on my cleric her "BiS" mount is her unicorn. Others use their spider (HotN), Unicorn (Knight) or War Horse (Guardian).
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If by "best", you mean the mount we like the most, then those would be:

Stormrider Clydesdale for my 2 GFs
    Armored Worg for my TR, HR, and one of my GWFs
    Gelatinous Cube my CW and one of my GWFs
    Ghost Horse for my 2 DCs

If you're speaking in more stat-related terms, then any mount with a 110% speed buff would perform the best in getting you from one place to another ASAP.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    blacksheep would be my BiS mount, can take a hundred whips
  • mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . On my main wizard, my "BiS" mount is my white tiger and on my cleric her "BiS" mount is her unicorn. Others use their spider (HotN), Unicorn (Knight) or War Horse (Guardian).

Now this is the right idea. Each toon needs its BiS mount. My TR is the HotN spider of course, Cw with the Owl Bear.
    BUT.. Halfling+Soulforged+Shadow Wolf = BiS over everyhting.

After riding a spider for a year, I really enjoy the beast mounts (wolves) "jump accuracy" if that makes sense. =p
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • squirtlejigglysquirtlejiggly Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2014
    I'm waiting for better looking mounts in the zen store before I ignore my ugly beetle mount.
  • yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've been curious.

Are all tier 3 mounts exactly the same?

For example -
    The spider mount seems to roll over small rocks, etc, better than the horse without getting snagged but seems to jump poorly.

I love the wolf.

It feels good and smooth running (where as the tigers seem to be too bouncy (or is that pouncy).
    It jumps well and has smooth cornering animation.

Especially on a halfling because of the smaller animation it feels like it's faster (its not o/c)

Also a smaller mount, like the wolf, is obviously less of a target than an armored bear or cube so less chance of dismount.

Or not...

Is all that just my imagination and they are in fact exactly the same?
  • klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yarknarf wrote: »
    I've been curious.

Are all tier 3 mounts exactly the same?

For example -
    The spider mount seems to roll over small rocks, etc, better than the horse without getting snagged but seems to jump poorly.

I love the wolf.

It feels good and smooth running (where as the tigers seem to be too bouncy (or is that pouncy).
    It jumps well and has smooth cornering animation.

Especially on a halfling because of the smaller animation it feels like it's faster (its not o/c)

Also a smaller mount, like the wolf, is obviously less of a target than an armored bear or cube so less chance of dismount.

Or not...

Is all that just my imagination and they are in fact exactly the same?

I'm not too sure but I think they are the same.

I think the differences are only cosmetic.
  • lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Blacksheep is defiantly my favorite mount to ride!

Roar.
    Enemy Team