test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Performance Issues, Optimization?

notw3notw3 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Yep I would love to play this game but here I am un able to because the devs fail to Optimize the game. Basically The only way I would be able to play this game is by spending $700 to build a new computer with an Intel I7 which I am not about to do at all when my computer is able to run everything else above 60 frames.
Post edited by notw3 on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Moderator Notice:
    Your post was moved to the
    Lower Depths (a simple check of your posts would have shown this). Contact a Moderator to discuss Moderation. Do not reply to this notice, instead contact us via PM.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    You might want to ask for advice and post your system specs, for I am playing on an 8 year old computer and the only thing I've upgraded was the power supply and the video card, which I am now using an ATI HD 7770 and I can play at max settings just fine.
  • notw3notw3 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    You might want to ask for advice and post your system specs, for I am playing on an 8 year old computer and the only thing I've upgraded was the power supply and the video card, which I am now using an ATI HD 7770 and I can play at max settings just fine.

Well I would Expect a AMD fx 6300 thats OC to 4.6 ghz along with 8 gigs of ram and a Asus 760 2gb OC II would be able to fully run this game flawlessly However I have to say the devs failed in the area of Optimizing the game so anyone without an Expensive as hell Intel CPU can not run it.
    edited May 2014
    Im here playing Guild wars 2 60+ frames ultra settings, Dragons Prophet, Planetside 2, DayZ, Arma 3 All on ultra getting 60+ frames. Age of Wushu Etc

I tried playing this game before, In the closed beta I could play the game fine. After it was Released out and ever since I can not do anything. I have a char Stuck in the first town because it is a slideshow. I can not move I can not go to options or anything and I am getting 1-2 fps I have been trying to get one once a month but still nothing
    edited May 2014
    notw3 wrote: »
    Well I would Expect a AMD fx 6300 thats OC to 4.6 ghz along with 8 gigs of ram and a Asus 760 2gb OC II would be able to fully run this game flawlessly However I have to say the devs failed in the area of Optimizing the game so anyone without an Expensive as hell Intel CPU can not run it.
    I have an Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 2.5Ghz, which is actually not that good. 4GB ram, 2GB video Ram on my ATI 7770, displaying on 1680x1050. Perhaps you need to update some drivers, update directx, and such. This game has been optimized tremendously to work on low-end computers, so really - by your specs, the issue has to be on your end with your system's drivers or something.

Have you went through the Video Options, starting at Max Settings and slowly lowering each one to try and see what setting may be causing your performance issues?
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    notw3 wrote: »
    Yep I would love to play this game but here I am un able to because the devs fail to Optimize the game. Basically The only way I would be able to play this game is by spending $700 to build a new computer with an Intel I7 which I am not about to do at all when my computer is able to run everything else above 60 frames.

consumer demands require better and faster technologies which is why upgraded computer peripherals are developed regularly. software companies have to keep up with this without alienating older technology, however most games have a minimum hardware requirement posted. if you have an older computer, you may be out of luck until you upgrade some of your hardware. what you can do is try tweaking the graphic settings in the game options menu. there are a few threads discussing this already. if you're not sure what to tweak, each option has an explanation of what it can do to optimize your experience.

if you're still not sure, post your computer build here and perhaps we can assist you.
    edited May 2014
    Also, are your issues only presenting themselves in certain situations or areas? If so, what and/or where?
  • tourage16tourage16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OP is right, this game has by far the worst optimization I've ever seen, I play using a gtx760 oced edition, fx-6300 overclocked to 4.5ghz, 8gb ram... And the recommended setting for me is MAX ofc, but the FPS in Protector Enclave is 20, and the game starts freezing when I reach some areas full of mobs in CN... While I can run BF3 on ultra with no problems, this game is a pain to run.
  • xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This game has horrible performance compared to anything else i played.
    And i cant realy see why the grapics is not even that good.

i7 3.4ghz @ 12gb ram @ AMD 7950
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have a 6 core 3.3 GHz AMD FX 6100 processor, Nvidia 550, 4 gig of RAM. Everything exceeds recommended specs, but I can't play at default settings and I crash several times per day. I was told by tech support that my system was not good enough. When I asked which piece needed upgraded, I was told to see a "professional" tech and they closed my ticket.
    edited May 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    I have an Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 2.5Ghz, which is actually not that good. 4GB ram, 2GB video Ram on my ATI 7770, displaying on 1680x1050. Perhaps you need to update some drivers, update directx, and such. This game has been optimized tremendously to work on low-end computers, so really - by your specs, the issue has to be on your end with your system's drivers or something.

Have you went through the Video Options, starting at Max Settings and slowly lowering each one to try and see what setting may be causing your performance issues?

I Have been through the video options and lowered them all the way to Low and even went in the config to set them lower and frames were still bad however when I did do that that was about a 2 months ago. Anymore I just log in and then turn the settings to low and jump in and see if I am able to move my Char or not. I created a new one and got stuck in the same spot due to slideshow effect cause by the low frame rate.

All of my drivers are up to date. I just recently did a Re install of windows 7 64 bit because I just purchased an 250gb SSD and so everything is freshly installed. I recall Trying different video drivers before and none of them changed a thing and I was hoping this new Nvidia driver they Nvidia was raving up would help but it did no such thing.

I can just list my whole build here so maybe a better idea might be gotten if any drivers/devices might have known issues with the performance of the game somehow.
    System:
    AMD fx 6300 oc 4.6 ghz with watercooler
    ASrock 970 Extreme 3 pro
    Ripjaw 1600 2X4=8 gb of ram
    Asus 760 2gb OC II
    ASUS Xonar Essence sound card
    samsung Evo 840 250 gb ssd
    Samsung 500gb HDD (Used for Videos)
    WD black 1tb HDD
    EVGA supernova Full Modular 650W PSU
    Lightscribe DVD Rw

Devices:
    Microsoft Sidewinder X4 keyboard
    tt esports theron-mouse
    Logitech G600-Mouse
    Gamescom 780 headset
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I completely agree that this game lack of optimization, I've played a lot of games, which in comparasion give me more FPS than NWN in lower settings, and looked beter... I don't know, but all the elements I see (HUD, Inventory, Images of the Items and Equipment) sometimes load slow (I'm able to see how they appear)... it's the only game I've played that give me the sense that there was not optimization at all...
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Since mod3, going into dungeons simply kills my framerate, literally 0-1 fps when there's a lot going on.

Then I discovered the issue, seems there's this new slider that uses CPU for graphics detail. Now my system exceeds recommended and I've been playing at max settings, so this seems odd that I would want to offload my gfx processing to the CPU. I lowered the CPU slider to medium, and the framerate magically restores itself.

For those having framerate issues could try this, then if it's still bad, always turn off dynamic lighting and lower shadows first to gain the most performance with lesser eye candy loss.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I play on a i5-2500k and a Radeon HD6850 (both not overclocked), 16GB RAM with no issues except in super full instances and IWD (lag constantly but still bearable most of the time). Someone else I know plays on a Toshiba laptop with no discrete graphics without issues.

IWD lag is a known issue. Otherwise, something wrong with yo stuff.