test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skirmishs and artifacts

adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
the dread ring and master of the hunt skirmish really drop artifacts??

because a been doing this like a 100 times or more and still no artifact...
and that mini dungeons in dread ring campaing too.. more that 20 times and no artifact

this is a really pay to win game...
Im done whit this..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I got the catalog from the Dread ring , others have reported getting artifacts as far back as the blacklake skirmish , they are ultra rare drops , however you can now get class artifacts in the new module for free and all you have to do is get 2 characters on the same account to level 60 with a 10k gearscore and 3 boons from either dread ring or sharandar.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @ kidding me
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You can buy them from the AH ,or keep running skirmishes and the dread ring lair and dungeons in the hope you get a lucky drop or you can roll a new character level it to 60 and get the 3 boons and 10k gs and get 2 for free ,one for each character , (hint rolling a new character and getting the requirements to go to icewind dale will probably be faster then getting a artifact drop) xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    adsfelipe wrote: »
    @ kidding me

You have to work to get them, shock horror.

Though the one from dread ring is a bit too low of a drop rate imo. You have options for pvp, pvp campaign, skirmish/dungeons/kessels retreat also but probably best to save up for those instead. The class artifacts which is actually an easy requirement, you're not forced to get those artifacts if so it's you're choice if you don't want to put the work in. Also lockboxes and a profession event coming up.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    any doubt that this is a trully Pay to win game?
  • Options
    edited May 2014

From when I started playing it was reasonable to earn your way up. It's a little harder for new players now though. Glad I started playing when I did. Of course your comments gonna get hidden :D
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2014

What?

You can get artifacts from running dungeons, skirmishes, the Dread Ring lairs, pvp glory, running a simple quest in your 20s, running another simple quest when you have 2 lvl 60 characters who can reach Caer Koenig.

More than a dozen artifacts are available to you with some luck or grinding. Or you can grind AD from running dungeons and crafting professions, and buy other artifacts from the AH. None of this requires "pay to win".
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    What?

You can get artifacts from running dungeons, skirmishes, the Dread Ring lairs, pvp glory, running a simple quest in your 20s, running another simple quest when you have 2 lvl 60 characters who can reach Caer Koenig.

More than a dozen artifacts are available to you with some luck or grinding. Or you can grind AD from running dungeons and crafting professions, and buy other artifacts from the AH. None of this requires "pay to win".

guess you dont read the part i say that i been doyns skirmish for 100 times or more and no artifact...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    guess you dont read the part i say that i been doyns skirmish for 100 times or more and no artifact...

Well rng is rng. Though tbh for those artifacts it'd be best to just farm ad and buy them yourself. If you're doing the skirmishes soley for them that is.
  • Options
    silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've done more than 100 skirmishes, most likely over 100 DR lair quests, etc, but have never had an artifact drop for me. No big deal, I just keep trying. My brother got lucky and got the one in DR, and a friend got one from a skirmish. Sooner or later, I might get one :)
  • Options
    kuskusgilakuskusgila Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2014
    A week ago my guildmate got Water of Elhazad from 2nd boss drop in PK. So yes, artifact drop dungeon too.
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have two artifacts on my main, didn't pay a penny for each...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    lamminatbodenlamminatboden Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Artifacts drop in all skirmishes. The drop Chance is around 1% (my friends and I got 4 from round about 400 skirmishes). With 1% drop rate, the chance of getting in artifact in 100 skirmishes in still only about 63%. Probably it is even lower than 1%.

If you really want to farm an artifact in skirmishes, do Blakelake runs. Create a new character (HR or TR), play him up to level 5. Then do one blakelake after the other during skirmish time. You can do about 12-21 runs in one hour. This way you farm lots of AD and you have very roughly a 5-15% chance of finding an artifact per skirmish hour.

If you do a couple of Gauntlgryms, you get lots of seals of triumph and grym coins that you can trade for glory, making the Bloddcrystal artifact well accessible even for non-pvp players (like me, and I got mine pretty fast).

With the artifact quest, these are already 2 artifacts. You can upgade them to purple for more boni. The third one you have to get from skirmishes, buy it at the AH oder from the new Icewind Dale campaign. Playing a second class can be a lot of fun, and this artifact is accountwide.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    . . . Yes, the first three starter artifacts (Waters, Lantern, Catalog) drop from all the Skirmishes now (not so-recent change - it was originally just Master of the Hunt and Dread Legion), although they are extremely rare. Dread Ring lairs' end white chests also have a chance to drop an artifact, the Eye of Lathander. Click here to see where else to get artifacts.