test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Leaderboards

badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers!

The matchmaking system has undergone extensive revisions, and will now feature leaderboards so that you can climb the ranks to the most elite combatants in Neverwinter.

Overview
Press the “L” button to bring up the “Landing Page” and click on the PVP Stats tab.

On this tab there is an Overview page that shows your current stats rank and PvP campaign progress, a Match History page that shows your domination matches, and the Standings page where you can see your standings in the leaderboard overall.

Overview: On this page you will see your all time stats for kills, wins, deaths and more.

Match History: On this page you will see your domination match history. This history is fairly recent and only shows your past 10-20 matches although that number is subject to change. You will be able to see who you played with and how well you did in that match.

Standings: Here is where you can see how you stand in your level band. These level bands match the bands set up for domination matches. Once you move to the next level band your rank will drop down to be in line with the player that are already in that band.

The Leaderboards will likely be empty for your characters at the start. As soon as you begin fighting you will start to see the PvP leaderboards fill out. You will also start seeing your Rank change. Your Rank is only affected by your wins and losses in Domination.

Get out there and start some fights!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    Feedback
    We are very excited to add this new feature for PVP. We need to collect as much feedback as possible. Given that, we would like you to categorize and color code your feedback so we can sort it and act on it most effectively! Please use the below format to submit bugs/feedback.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)

Topic: (Overview, Match History Standings, Ranks.)
    Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Topic then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.
    (Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:
    Bug: My Rank never increased
    I have never lost a match but my rank will not change.

The rank icon should be on the left of the page and campaign progress should go away if I have 100% in everything.

Please play as much PVP as you can before giving feedback so that you get a good feel for how the Leaderboards work. Thank you again for all your help Adventurers! We look forward to hearing back from you! Also keep your eyes peeled for Devs to be on the Preview shard playing PVP with you!
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok, language barrier. Help me out on the term "band" here.

Would also be nice to have class/paragon rankings and maybe something that divides premades and solo queues, because both affect the ELO majorly.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Level band is how there is PvP for 10-19, 20-29 up to 50-59, and then level 60. All the levels below 60 are scaled up to the top level in their band when in the PvP arena (but mostly this just means extra hitpoints since you still don't have the powers).

"Band" in this context is similar to "range".
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited March 2014
    Level band is how there is PvP for 10-19, 20-29 up to 50-59, and then level 60. All the levels below 60 are scaled up to the top level in their band when in the PvP arena (but mostly this just means extra hitpoints since you still don't have the powers).

"Band" in this context is similar to "range".

Thanks. Appreciated.
  • risendragonrisendragon Member Posts: 88
    edited March 2014
    Since I've been hating on almost all of the other changes, I will admit, the leaderboard made me very happy. It's very well done.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Looks great and everything

BUT

You will never see a cleric in the Top 10 (most likely) why? because they dont get any points for healing and not many Kills (only 1237612763 asists)

It would be much appreciated by ALL DC (sounds exeggerated but thats my guess) players if you would implement something that will make it worthwhile doing PvP.
    It will be much harder to progress in a PvP campaign for DC's and thats really hard to justify.

The only people who will play a DC in PvP will be people who like being the underdog (guessing again) complaining about how bad they are treated. Rest will switch to other characters which i can perfectly understand.

Dont get me wrong i really appreciate this Leaderboard stuff as i have been waiting for it and i know its hard to come up with a satisfieing solution to reward healing but i would be happy about about allmost anything that changes the situation.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The only thing that I really, really dislike is that I worked hard to get 5.000+ kills with my DC and it won't be shown in the leaderboard.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Might be a good idea to have a separate leaderboard for each class for fairness of the different class roles and abilities, and then one overall leaderboard.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
    edited March 2014
    Yeah. Separate Leaderboards for classes should be mandatory. I'm already not a big fan of a single player ranking in a team context. Also considering class imbalance the credibility of the feature is not very high.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    my storm pillar doesnt charge my AP
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    synozeer wrote: »
    Might be a good idea to have a separate leaderboard for each class for fairness of the different class roles and abilities, and then one overall leaderboard.

There are filter options allready for classes!
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok, why no leaderboard for guilds? Having guilds ranked could lead to interesting stuff.
    edited April 2014
    Didn't know where to put it, but since this comes closest to GUI:

Really like the new interface structure. Well organized while presenting more stuff on less space. Good job!
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Any chance of the individual Class rankings?

I honestly have NO idea how hard that is programming wise, but it would be a really good thing... Particularly for DC's!

And no I do not have a DC. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    my storm pillar doesnt charge my AP

It no longer does...was "fixed" to not allow it.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bug: PvP Campaign button
    Pressing one of the 3 PvP Campaign buttons opens the Icewind Dale PvE campaign and not the PvP campaign.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Ok, why no leaderboard for guilds? Having guilds ranked could lead to interesting stuff.

not a bad suggestion.
  • zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »

Second this
  • tmuneetmunee Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You have completely broken PVP and you guys need to act to fix this IMMEDIATELY. I have played 14 domination matches so far tonight. Only one game ONE game had a full 5v5 through the course of the game. People are disconnecting to try to protect their pvp stats left and right. It has completely taken the fun out of pvp. You need to implement harsh penalties on people who disconnect from matches and stop this nonsense ASAP!