edited May 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
i cannot open the gate in Death Forge

anyone have the same problem?
Post edited by allternare on

Comments

• Options
    ryoga883ryoga883 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Me too. After destroying the corpses, there seems to be no way of opening the gate...
  • Options
    ardeceanardecean Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello,

I know you are getting tickets on this, but there are those of us who are working on our 3rd boon to get to the newest area. however death forge gate doesn't open. and unless you are are a class that can rush to an apponent on the other side then you are screwed from getting the completion book. this hampers our abilities to get our boon and time seems wasted for this issue. I have put in a lot of time on my other characters and to have this happen hurts a great deal. please fix the trigger for the gate to allow us to proceed. I would also hope (Which I doubt) to get completion for it. Hell GM response would be nice too in game but that wont happen anytime soon.
    If you don't mind, It doesn't matter.
    TAW CC
    Shadows From Within Campaign
    Recruitment Forum
    The Art of Warfare
  • Options
    mentaltelepathymentaltelepathy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ya, we can't do our daily at all. At least change the daily dungeon please.
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    Hey guys!

We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix!
  • Options
    delbi11867delbi11867 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tried on 3 characters now, same problem
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    Hey guys!

This is a known issue. We're working on a fix as fast as we can!
  • Options
    jokili31jokili31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    you can use the new tr artifact to get through the door...or if you are a tr deft strike, at least that worked for me
  • Options
    xaansteelxaansteel Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Good stuff. Today it just seems like Neverwinter doesn't want me to finish my boons. This bug and also no fey crystals in Sharandar even after 10 minutes of grinding. I'm like 3 days away from finishing both of those campaigns and just want to be done with them to focus on IWD, heh.
  • Options
    venomsnakesvenomsnakes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    same here , fix it please.
    CW 60
    I left my legacy defeating your enemies
  • Options
    ardeceanardecean Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    Hey guys!

thank you akromatik
    If you don't mind, It doesn't matter.
    TAW CC
    Shadows From Within Campaign
    Recruitment Forum
    The Art of Warfare
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Any new information about this? It has been broken since yesterday. Lots of people trying to get there boons.
  • Options
    kypinakypina Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Me either!
  • Options
    nirraddrappehsnirraddrappehs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    allternare wrote: »
    i cannot open the gate in Death Forge

anyone have the same problem?

yep happened to me today as well.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yep, same. I hope this isn't because I picked those mushrooms in the crypt... o_O
    Everyone's assigned the DF today, unfortunately. Can't notify or stop them, I guess.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey I heard via zone chat, if your a GWF you can use mighty leap to jump the gate. Par-kor baby
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hudman21 wrote: »
    Hey I heard via zone chat, if your a GWF you can use mighty leap to jump the gate. Par-kor baby

That is false. I tried.

However, you CAN get through by jumping up on top of the brazier next to the gate, targeting a zombie on the other side and using the daily Crescendo. I just did this today and it does work.

I have heard, but not confirmed, that TR's can get through using Deft Strike from the same location, HR's can get through with Marauder's Escape, and that everyone can get through with the Sigil of the Trickster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So, when I tried it solo, the gate didn't opened. When I teamed up with friends, it wasn't bugged.

So try to do it in a team.
  • Options
    cprncprn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We lost one day progress towards Dread Ring, what you're going to do about that ?
  • Options
    manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Syierradawn and I attacked this bug today and she found a workaround that we both were able to use:

Stand in the middle of the gate, make sure you can only see the top two steps between your feet and the gate. Change character to relog. If at first you don't succeed try again.
    We were both solo rather than grouped when this worked for each of us.

Hope that helps some of you to avoid missing a day on your boons in the rush to IWD. =)
  • Options
    agentpattersonagentpatterson Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I just need to finish this last forge to get my 3rd boon to get into IceWind Dale. Now I cant!
    Losing an entire days progress on this and not getting access to icewind dale is extremely aggravating
  • Options
    honestabe73honestabe73 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can confirm mantazz's solution. Just tried it and got past the gate. Trick is not to touch the gate but stand 2 steps down from the gate and re-log.

Yay!
  • Options
    mg2112mg2112 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Worked for me as well. Thanks!!
  • Options
    mulawin1mulawin1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    death forge bug cant continue the game gate wont open i tried it 3x same result gate wont open.

image.jpg

http://postimg.org/image/52av61bzf/
  • Options
    halciethalciet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You can always bust out of map and character change to port you back in on the other side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvy2MMX3ErU
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited May 2014
    I also ran into the bug. Could be due to the hulk not appearing the trigger was probably attached to the hulk itself while the fire was the trigger for the hulk could be anyone of those things. This always happens every time. Maybe theres a sabateur in cryptic would be crazy if true all it would take is a comma or a missing bracket.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    This should be resolved following today's patch. If it is not or reoccurs, please submit a new Bug Report or make a new thread. Thanks!
    • Resolved several systemic cases where gates or enemies may not properly trigger, such as the Death Forge gate not opening after burning the bodies and the Blacklake Skirmish not spawning enemies.
This discussion has been closed.