What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hr hybrid build

2»

Comments

• kazexkumokazexkumo Member Posts: 46
    edited January 2014
    hi,

I really liked your guide, can I add it to mmominds.com???

Thanks a lot for that, and recently, there are many people pming me how they appreciate about this build.
    But, it's a build, not a guide. perhaps if u can use my build and try experience it and create a proper guide for hybrid HR based on this build? there's also plenty of information from previous conversation. It's up to you, I really love when people love what I did.

Edit note: soon I will make proper guide for my Hybrid HR, but, you can share this build right now. When my Guide done, i will tell you, to share that one too.
  • linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kazexkumo wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for that, and recently, there are many people pming me how they appreciate about this build.
    But, it's a build, not a guide. perhaps if u can use my build and try experience it and create a proper guide for hybrid HR based on this build? there's also plenty of information from previous conversation. It's up to you, I really love when people love what I did.

Edit note: soon I will make proper guide for my Hybrid HR, but, you can share this build right now. When my Guide done, i will tell you, to share that one too.

Sorry kazexkumo for my mistake :)

I already add it to mmominds.com pls check it, if you make any update pls let me know, pm me on the website or just comment directly on the post i just did

Ty a lot for letting post it ;)
  • ottoarcottoarc Member Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    hey kazexkumo. Im a malaysian here ? can i join your guild
  • nowhere64nowhere64 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 37
    edited February 2014
    I've just arrived at 60 and have started the fey and dread ring zones. After leveling with thorn ward/split shot, I will say that using marauders, hindering shot, and fox and switching from ranged to melee to ranged for each encounter DRAMATICALLY improves both the time for killing groups and dps. But this is only my limited experience as a newbie, so who really knows in a tough dungeon.

But for simple solo comparison purposes: if I open with split shot, tab and charge in with marauders, hit fox and hindering strike, tab and jump out to a split shot, hindering strike/disruptive strike .... pretty much everything is dead. About 8-10 seconds for iron golem or group of whatever.

This was a welcome discovery b/c I was observing that my CW (which I played along time ago, before about a year away from the game) had a far easier time killing stuff. Now the HR and CW seem equivalent, and HR may be a bit faster to kill.

All that said, I haven't gotten to Valindras/Malabog yet. I have been leading dps on the charts for the few dungeons I have done, but I'm sure I'm not yet playing with geared/experienced players.

So, here's a q:

Will this jump in/jump out strategy actually be viable in high level dungeons? Should I still work in split the sky too, or just keep to jumping in and out. Thanks.
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    honestly soloing with just split/fox shift most stuff is dead already... i tend to do the following though...

split to kill off squishies -> rain on my feet when the toughies come to me -> hindering strike to keep em under the rain -> fox cunning to proc blood thirsty again -> fox shift.

usually thorns, red wizards etc will be dead by the rain/hindering... a bit tougher mobs by the fox (maybe even no need to proc bloodthirsty with cunning for those) and the toughest will have very little life left which u can finish off either with rapid in melee or shifting back and either rapid,split,hindering shot them down.

U want split the sky for group instances as stuff there has more life and ur not going to down anything so quick so it adds sustained-auto dps and a big damage buff encounter.

Marauders is a nice skill becuase of the mobility but honestly , i rarely use it outside pvp or killing valindra herself because u shouldnt be playing an hybrid too far back ( any ranger actually unless u have a very good grasp of not pulling too much agro as u dont want to disperse the mobs and hinder the whole groups dps) so u should need any form of quick dash forward anyways. So u alwaysgot better encounter choices to slot that it.
  • elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I find Marauder's is good for quick out-in combos on boss fights. Typically I'm sitting about mid- to close-range on my ranger so I'm in perfect range to catch the boss's wide AoE skills. Usually I can just shift back or walk out, but sometimes he'll center it on me or I'm caught in melee when he does a stomp and shifting just doesn't cover it. In those situations tapping Marauder's Escape throws me out of the AoE very quickly, then a quick Marauder's Rush back in puts me right back on the boss and does a halfway decent amount of damage on top of it.

Like most of our skills it's kind of situational, but it has more versatility than skills like Boar Charge which despite its described 26' range only seems to work within 8-10'.
  • drizztfohldrizztfohl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How did you get the dread legion equipment? I can't get enough of the seals to get those.