test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plaguefire or Vorpal?

grieverzgrieverz Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited April 2014 in The Militia Barracks
What do you guys think is better for IV Sent GWF Plaguge or Vorp (PVP)? Take into consideration mod 3.
Post edited by grieverz on

Comments

• slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Vorpal.

Tenacity stats on new gear has been tweaked, and Tenacity has a really steep DR kick-in past 700 ish.

Current patch vorpal wins over GPF without question, unless you don't even have 25% base crit, in that case might wanna consider GPF.
  • pa1nk1ller1989pa1nk1ller1989 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Vorpal.

Tenacity stats on new gear has been tweaked, and Tenacity has a really steep DR kick-in past 700 ish.

Current patch vorpal wins over GPF without question, unless you don't even have 25% base crit, in that case might wanna consider GPF.

i think that diminishing returns on tenacity start over 1000. Are you talking about how tenacity will work post update?
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Vorpal if you're random PUGing, soloing content, or group with someone with GPF...

If you're party doesn't have a GPF, then having one isn't necessarily a bad thing!

However, both Enchantments are viable in end game play so you wouldn't be going 'wrong' with either one. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    i think that diminishing returns on tenacity start over 1000. Are you talking about how tenacity will work post update?

Nope.

From 600-700 tenacity have almost 1 to 1 ratio. While in 800-900 range we have 0.7 to 1.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For PvP or PvE?

For PvE, Vorpal is hands down better for rough damage on high crit builds.

For PvP, with tenacity, PF is, my opinion, on par or better. Reasons are, to me:

- in PvP overstacking crit is not really needed. Better stop usually at 30% (around 2k crit), so you still happen to hit with normal hits a lot
    - PF can go negative and increases your damage on normal hits, while vorpal procs obviously only on crits
    - in module 3 deep gash will not benefit from vorpal anymore since it won't be a crit damage
    - add the DoT from fire damage which is still something
    - a IV GWF can lock prone the target, mixing threat rush in between encounters. Threat rush applies 2 debuff stacks of PF, which means that the 3 stacks cap is reached soon and then you've the target fully debuffed for the Whole duration of the prone chain combo.

Don't know, for PvP is see them pretty close for GWF IV. Vorpal is a bit more crit damage, but PF is a damage buff on every hit. Can't do the math BTW, so you'd better listen to the ones who ran tests and crunched some numbers.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Also, just my guess:

Tenacity seem to have a soft cap past 700, right? It's 1% DR each 0,7 tenacity points after soft cap.

But it's not really true.

To be precise, even after 700 points, 0,7 tenacity points give you:

1% DR
    1% Crit Resistance
    1% Control resistance

These are 3 resistances with 1 stat. So it's 3% more "resistance" each 0,7 stat points. Isn't it better to still stack it instead of stacking some other stat that, eventually, increases only 1 attribute?

Stacking HP would be better?
  • grieverzgrieverz Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    For PvP or PvE?

For PvE, Vorpal is hands down better for rough damage on high crit builds.

For PvP, with tenacity, PF is, my opinion, on par or better. Reasons are, to me:

- in PvP overstacking crit is not really needed. Better stop usually at 30% (around 2k crit), so you still happen to hit with normal hits a lot
    - PF can go negative and increases your damage on normal hits, while vorpal procs obviously only on crits
    - in module 3 deep gash will not benefit from vorpal anymore since it won't be a crit damage
    - add the DoT from fire damage which is still something
    - a IV GWF can lock prone the target, mixing threat rush in between encounters. Threat rush applies 2 debuff stacks of PF, which means that the 3 stacks cap is reached soon and then you've the target fully debuffed for the Whole duration of the prone chain combo.

Don't know, for PvP is see them pretty close for GWF IV. Vorpal is a bit more crit damage, but PF is a damage buff on every hit. Can't do the math BTW, so you'd better listen to the ones who ran tests and crunched some numbers.

This if for PVP. And I was thinking along that line too but I just wanted inputs from people who've got experience with them.