test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 3 Preview: Dungeon Delve Keys

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited May 2014 in News & Announcements
Hey everyone,

Check out our Module 3 Preview on Dungeon Delve Keys. With the new key system you won't have to worry about missing the coveted dungeon delve chests.

Learn more: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5001803-module-3-preview%3A-dungeon-delve-keys

Thanks,

Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• thedyslexiconethedyslexicone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So one free key a day. Can you have more then one free key? Say get one a day till you have time on the weekend?
  • lolssi83lolssi83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2014
    Will the queue system be fixed? Otherwise what is the point?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So one free key a day. Can you have more then one free key? Say get one a day till you have time on the weekend?

You can only have one free key. They are coded as unique, so you cant stockpile up on the freebies.
  • hav0clolhav0clol Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Will Dungeon Delves still happen besides? It sounds like a HUGE step back otherwise!
  • helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    hav0clol wrote: »
    Will Dungeon Delves still happen besides? It sounds like a HUGE step back otherwise!

It will according to:
    What happens to the keys when the Dungeon Delve Event is running? These keys cannot be used when the dungeon delve event is running. During the event the dungeon chests will open without the need of a key just like it normally would.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hav0clolhav0clol Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    helloz2 wrote: »
    It will according to:

it's too early in the morning! thanks, and apologies for being a newb
  • desolator777desolator777 Member Posts: 58
    edited April 2014
    lolssi83 wrote: »
    Will the queue system be fixed? Otherwise what is the point?

I'm not aware of any queuing problem. My only problem is jerks leaving or disconnecting or whatever and then nobody EVER EVER EVER JOINING EVER to replace them. Every dungeon queue seems to work just fine otherwise.

Anyway, this is pretty much the best idea ever. I hope they don't go all loony with the key price though. For 100k per key, it'd be cheaper to just buy the T2 item in the AH than buy keys, lol. I'd pay maybe 5k-20k.

Also, yo dawg, I heard you liked keys so you should add keys to the drop list of the DD chests themselves. Then it's like a free second run or a nice chunk of AD to sell the key.
  • skarlspeedskarlspeed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am metaphorically dancing in the streets over this. No more herding cats...er...real life friends to get to do epic dungeons with a DD payoff.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Will other events get keys in the future so that you can get their bonuses when it is more convenient for you?

Profession key: use to start a 30 minute profession bonus event for yourself.
    Skirmish key : use to start a 1 hour bonus RAD when completing skirmishes during that hour.

etc, also would it be able to get permanent keys at a cost?

Thanks
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't have any questions, I just think it's a great idea. tyvm
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Anyone know how much they are going to be? anything more than 10k will be a loss on most runs for most people especially since often I can end up with a T1 belt or other accessory that can only be salvaged for 3k so I'm kinda concerned that keys will be available but prohibitively expensive for most of us.
  • eightbit4playeightbit4play Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Its a step in the right direction a small step ok baby step, seriously what content is there for lvl 60 other then pvp right now, yeah yeah i know skirmishes or dailies weee can you say BORING its a dead end street, the only thing to do at end lvl ARE dungeons and DD is a moronic system. if your trying to keep players from ditchen out when Elder Scrolls online drops or Wildstar then open the friggen dungeon gates and let us play the game! if you want us to pay for keys then make tougher version of the existing dungeons, oh i don't know maybe raid versions with better loot heck be cheap and use the same items with better stats throw in a couple of new rare items or rare item skins, eight or ten man versions of already existing dungeons cant be to hard to figure out. Do that, now you will make people spend their astral diamonds.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Anyone know how much they are going to be? anything more than 10k will be a loss on most runs for most people especially since often I can end up with a T1 belt or other accessory that can only be salvaged for 3k so I'm kinda concerned that keys will be available but prohibitively expensive for most of us.

Last time I checked was before the last preview patch so they may have changed slightly and they cost 2500AD for heroic dungeon keys and 5000AD for epic dungeon keys plus you get one free key per day that can open either heroic or epic dungeon chests.

if your trying to keep players from ditchen out when Elder Scrolls online drops

ESO came out almost a month ago and to be honest it is certainly not worth the monthly sub fee , the only outstanding aspect of it is the pvp battles , the pve is average mmo fare , I have a strong feeling many who did or do leave to try it will be back at some point .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • lolssi83lolssi83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2014
    I'm not aware of any queuing problem. My only problem is jerks leaving or disconnecting or whatever and then nobody EVER EVER EVER JOINING EVER to replace them. Every dungeon queue seems to work just fine otherwise.
    The problem is that if part of the five decline invitation it still ports remaining group into dungeon. I got better things to do than waste my life waiting for people to show. The rest is just horrible community. Plus don't get me started porting you already cleared dungeon.
  • torq42torq42 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Desolator,
    The problem with the queing system and the reason nobody EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER join is because each slot is allocated for a certain type of class (i.e. Tank,Healer,DPS,DPS,DPS) If you have a GWF,DC,CW,HR,TR and the GWF leaves then the ONLY class that will be able to get in to your dungeon is a GF because all other slots are taken, and no other class is considered a Tanking class. Same goes for if you are attempting to do a dungeon without a DC and another class leaves. The only class that can or will be put into your group is a DC. They need to allow the group leader to invite while inside a dungeon so that they can bring in another class should one leave OR they need to add GWF as a tank class so that if they que they can be put into the tank slot.
  • torq42torq42 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree with eightbit! There needs to be end game raid content of some sort added, and instead of just EPIC quality items dropping have each raid encounter have a chance to drop Legendary items. If you want myself, and many other gamers to continue to pay for keys, and opportunities and great content then you are going to need to up the level of content accordingly. The expectations for this game are a lot higher than what is being pushed off as end game content. With ESO and the multitude of other game either recently released or soon to be released (EQN anyone?) its time to empty the clip, and be proactive with your player base before they leave you for greener pastures. You want to know why people loved EQ? Because they held nothing back, and gave players what they deserved as a subscriber based game. If you are a pay to win game you had better be putting up the goods or people will just stop playing.
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Will other events get keys in the future so that you can get their bonuses when it is more convenient for you?

Skirmish key : use to start a 1 hour bonus RAD when completing skirmishes during that hour.

Thanks

So...SO +1 this!

I'm so tired of logging on after a hard day of work to enjoy this game and find for no discernably logical reason a timer running out on some event I'm not going to get in on...and then checking the calendar see the next time it's going on it's smack dab in the middle of either my sleep cycle or my next days employ :(

It defies logic even more when its a PVE event in the first place, I can understand a timer on PVP events to drive enough population of players to que up at the same time to fill slots for 10+ raids etc. But why would you ever need a timer on solo PVE content? Or timer on even small group PVE? If you need a timer to drive 5 people together to band for PVE content server wide..well how good could that content ACTUALLY be to force them into it 0.o?

Lol. profession key..let them craft it! Say a 10m profession mission 1 time a day to craft a key to have better odds of drops for boxes, let it be like the winter event a special slot craft person that you can get say 3 tiers of (like winter event) that let's you get better odds for 30, 45 and 1 hr.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Thanks
    Personally I don't see a point and that it'll just be a waste of coding that they could spend doing other things. Once thing I'm unsure about is the 2500 (current) cost of the standard key for DD when not getting the free one. I'm not even sure it's possible to get an item worth that much from it.
  • egnigemegnigem Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This may be a stupid question but I don't think it's clear enough:

Do you need 1 key per party or all characters in the party need a key to unlock the final chest? (I'm pretty sure it's the second, but meh...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I am rather pleased that this will be implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014

Thanks

Both of these ideas are good. - Legendary Key would be an awesome reward from Dungeon content, but it would need an hour cooldown to prevent the 5 on the server with one from huddling together. On the plus side the chest stuff is BoP.....
  • dragonladytjedragonladytje Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Im very happy with the dungeon delve keys , thank you guys
  • chronologic010chronologic010 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Awesome idea and I look forward to buying those keys, except...

I hope you devs also changed the loot drop from these chests.
    A lot of times the T2 dungeons give crappy rare loot in the end chest which by far does not represent the *special* treasure that should be obtained during a Dungeon Delves Event.
    I would hate it to buy a key for a number of AD only to find crappy loot...
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014

Well, that's probably because of the queueing problem.

The queues have been insanely broken for a while. Just last night (for example), someone asked in the Legit channel for a GF to jump in and help a group stranded at the end of Spellplague. They were asking for a while, and I felt bad for them, so I switched to my GF and queued for it.

The queue popped immediately, teleported me in, and then I was told that I was not in the instance's group, and would be teleported out. As that was counting down, the queue popped again- yes, that's right, it popped a second time just after I had been teleported to an instance. Then, just to add to the confusion, before I could accept or reject the second queue request, I was teleported back to PE.

This happened every. Single. Time. It has been going on for a while, It makes it virtually impossible to help a group which has lost a member. This is really basic stuff that is taken for granted in most MMOs. I'm not sure why Neverwinter can't manage it at all.
  • one4changeone4change Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Was wondering if you have more than one key by buying one or have a key during DD can you open the chest twice or only once per dungeon run?
  • synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    one4change wrote: »
    Was wondering if you have more than one key by buying one or have a key during DD can you open the chest twice or only once per dungeon run?

From the description, I'd say only once per run (even with an additional daily/purchased key in your inventory.) It's stated that during a Delve event keys won't be consumed, so it's reasonable to assume those keys are coded to activate only if you're in a dungeon outside that event.
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is going to be a welcome addition to the live server.. I have been using the keys on the preview server and have not yet had any problems with them working when it is not Dungeon delve timer on the list..
    Standard and Epic Dungeon Keys will be able to purchase from the Dungeon Key Master using Astral Diamonds. Players will be able to purchase as many of these keys as he/she cares to purchase and they can also be given to other players.

However...
    There are some concerns that will come with this...
    Problem 1. with the keys able to be traded is a great idea.. yet, since they can be traded means that they can be AH'd yet another item that will be 99 stackd flooded in the AH..
    Solution: Don't make them tradable to other players if the price for each key is reasonably priced: Every player is capable of completing the daily quests given by Rhix and or Lord Protector to accumulate enough AD per day to buy extra keys if they really want to have this option to have a key.

Problem 2. During the DD event the LFG is a constant insane spam channel of LFG, LF2M, etc... The key option is going to make the LFG a 24 hour nonstop Spamming channel of poeple LFG, LFM
    Solution: Create a LFG window much like the one that is used in Dungeons and Dragons Online... this will greatly reduce the current LFG spamming everytime DD is up.. after all it is also tied to several of the key companies that Neverwinter is owned, sponsoered, and programmed by..

99.jpg

Problem 3. Trade channel will most likely suffer the same as the LFG with people WTT Dungeon Delve Key for...
    Solution: Same as Solution to problem 1. do not make the keys able to be traded to other players. This will also reduce yet another item that we wont have to worry about being spammed into the AH in stacks of 99 as well as the trade channel.

Keys are currently very reasonably priced in the Preview server and can be easily purchased by completed 2-3 of Rhix's daily quest easily.. so the need to make them traded between players is truly not needed.

These are only some idea's that i think should be considered by the developers..

and to the Dev's, I would like to request one thing that honestly would help the reduction of lag in the Enclave.. There are WAAAAAAAY to many useless NPC's walking around.. they are more of a nuisance then a help.
    they push people away from the mailbox's, quest givers, vendor, banking, etc.. Its like a neverending zombie fest of them walking around for no reason or involvement in the game...

One day I was bored, so I went about the city and started counting how many of these Zombified NPC's that walk about the city aimlessly.. At some point i got lost in the count after reaching 40 and still counting.. Each and every single one them were not used in the game for any intentions that i could tell.. whats the point of them if they don't have a use.. (besides aggravate other players when they are trying to access mailboxes, banks, AH, vendors, etc..)

Remove at least 60-70% of them please.. this would help reduce lag in the game while in the city, and reduce the situations i mentioned as above with mailboxes, players trading items, and such.. and less chance of trying to mail an item only to get a stupid error message "your are not close enough to the mailbox to mail that item" because of some stupid aimlessly meandering NPC pushes your character away from it to far to hit the send option.

That or give the players a way to dispose of them for thier own personal enjoyment / entertainment.. Turn them into zombies or something so we can have some fun killing them off :)
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dyeslee wrote: »
    This is going to be a welcome addition to the live server.. I have been using the keys on the preview server and have not yet had any problems with them working when it is not Dungeon delve timer on the list..

However...
    There are some concerns that will come with this...
    Problem 1. with the keys able to be traded is a great idea.. yet, since they can be traded means that they can be AH'd yet another item that will be 99 stackd flooded in the AH..
    Solution: Don't make them tradable to other players if the price for each key is reasonably priced: Every player is capable of completing the daily quests given by Rhix and or Lord Protector to accumulate enough AD per day to buy extra keys if they really want to have this option to have a key.

Problem 2. During the DD event the LFG is a constant insane spam channel of LFG, LF2M, etc... The key option is going to make the LFG a 24 hour nonstop Spamming channel of poeple LFG, LFM
    Solution: Create a LFG window much like the one that is used in Dungeons and Dragons Online... this will greatly reduce the current LFG spamming everytime DD is up.. after all it is also tied to several of the key companies that Neverwinter is owned, sponsoered, and programmed by..

99.jpg

Problem 3. Trade channel will most likely suffer the same as the LFG with people WTT Dungeon Delve Key for...
    Solution: Same as Solution to problem 1. do not make the keys able to be traded to other players. This will also reduce yet another item that we wont have to worry about being spammed into the AH in stacks of 99 as well as the trade channel.

Keys are currently very reasonably priced in the Preview server and can be easily purchased by completed 2-3 of Rhix's daily quest easily.. so the need to make them traded between players is truly not needed.

These are only some idea's that i think should be considered by the developers..

and to the Dev's, I would like to request one thing that honestly would help the reduction of lag in the Enclave.. There are WAAAAAAAY to many useless NPC's walking around.. they are more of a nuisance then a help.
    they push people away from the mailbox's, quest givers, vendor, banking, etc.. Its like a neverending zombie fest of them walking around for no reason or involvement in the game...

One day I was bored, so I went about the city and started counting how many of these Zombified NPC's that walk about the city aimlessly.. At some point i got lost in the count after reaching 40 and still counting.. Each and every single one them were not used in the game for any intentions that i could tell.. whats the point of them if they don't have a use.. (besides aggravate other players when they are trying to access mailboxes, banks, AH, vendors, etc..)

Remove at least 60-70% of them please.. this would help reduce lag in the game while in the city, and reduce the situations i mentioned as above with mailboxes, players trading items, and such.. and less chance of trying to mail an item only to get a stupid error message "your are not close enough to the mailbox to mail that item" because of some stupid aimlessly meandering NPC pushes your character away from it to far to hit the send option.

That or give the players a way to dispose of them for thier own personal enjoyment / entertainment.. Turn them into zombies or something so we can have some fun killing them off :)

It could be handled as other games have, have a "layer" option for PE, those that want the layer with the npc do nothing and you get all the atmospherics, choose the "non-npc layer" and like the different shards of PE you are put in a shard without non-quest linked/non-vendor npcs. I too find many of the atmospheric npcs annoying and problematic at times.
    edited April 2014
    I think the npcs try to keep up shred of immersion that other players destroy. Though these days I rarely even notice'em. Plus I've never been pushed away from anything by them.
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    which i can understand that lolssi83, I totally agree but there is a point when to many is just to many.. I counted over 40 of them just in the lower parts of the enclave.. I know that this should goto a different thread, :) it was just a thought to help other players who are on lower end PC's or others who experienced alot of lag at time in the Enclave

Anyway about the ideas I listed about the upcoming dungeon keys.. the idea of a proper LFG system window?
    Neverwinter is with Wizards of the coast, Hasbro, perfectworld, and cryptic engine
    DDO is also with Wizards of the Coast, Hasbro, different game engine.. Turbine, and another that I'm not familiar with.

Considering that both companies are comparatively sponsored by a couple same companies, would it be a good idea to come up with a LFG system window like the pic i inserted from DDO to help reduce the amount of the LFG Spam channel?

I dont know much about the cryptic game engine other then that it does use macro command system which in essence much like the addons are built from in WoW, i would think it would be possible to add this idea to the game... thoughts???
    5790248SLdyC.png