test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The struggle is real yall lol!

lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Brah, it's so dang hard to get AD these days. I feel pressured into buying ZEN to sell for AD. This game is changing so much >_>! I don't wanna be a P2W...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    . . . It's not that hard. I make around 40-60k a day just from professions and prayers on 15 characters. On a good day, I can make upwards of 75k and that is still not doing any AD Dailies. If you want to make AD, you have to work for it. Start small, save enough for character slots. Buy character slots then make two new characters and work them to start leadership going. You'll not only be making AD but also leveling your characters as you work Leadership and Pray. As you keep making more, buy more slots and repeat until you don't want any more characters (or you reach your 51 character limit). I've had three characters go from level 11 to 60 from prayers/leadership. A fourth one is 2 levels shy.

. . . Then add in the working of the Auction House and AD Exchange (buying low, selling high) and you'll be raking in money in no time.

Check out this guide too:
    Trace's Guide to AD Creation and Wealth Building
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . It's not that hard. I make around 40-60k a day just from professions and prayers on 15 characters. On a good day, I can make upwards of 75k and that is still not doing any AD Dailies.

1. 15 chartacters....
    2. That's not much.
    3. We used to be able to earn about 100k without having to grind for hours, which came in handy for those who don't have a lot of time in the day to invest into the game. DK was so good to the economy xD!!
  • Options
    zdaddyozdaddyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2014
    Trade off: Time for Money.

If you have the time, you'll do the professions and some grinding -> save money. If you have the money, you'll buy Zen -> save time. Of course early adopters were able to make AD quickly, but the economy has "balanced out" so you are left with how all f2p games end up.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    2. That's not much.
    . . . I disagree. I don't even have any purple assets! So, yeah, considering that I am only using Blue People on 2 characters (the rest all Footmen) and only 4 of my 15 characters are level 20 in leadership, I'd say 40k-75k AD a day is plenty. If I had all purple people, I am sure I'd be making well over 100k a day.

. . . Correction: I had stated I was using Man-At-Arms on all but two of my characters. I was confused, I'm using Footmen on 13 of my 15 characters. The other two are using enough Adventurers to have two in each task while the rest only use one Footman per task.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    You don't want to invest time and money....but you say 40-60k diamonds isn't much.

Can't be lazy and expect to be spoonfed.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    . . . Blue People

RACIST!! Haha anyways, how long does it take you to reset professions for those 15 characters?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    RACIST!! Haha anyways, how long does it take you to reset professions for those 15 characters?
    . . . What can I say, I'm fond of smurfs!

. . . Seriously though, only takes me about 20-30 minutes to go through and collect/reselect professions. About an hour when I meander a bit on each. I do 6-8 hour tasks unless Protect the Diamond Shipment comes up. On my two characters with blues, even those only take 8 hours. On my non-20's, I generally work Fight the Spellplague, Collect Taxes, and Battle Undead. I throw in Protect the Diamond Shipment when it comes up. On my level 20 leaders, I do the level 20 task that rewards 1600 AD, I forget its name off hand.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah prayer/leadership is a good way to earn AD although I really do wish the developers would lose the BoP every possible item of value mindset they have slipped into , before I played this I never would have dreamed one of my main sources of income in a MMO would be praying/leadership profession lmfao.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah prayer/leadership is a good way to earn AD although I really do wish the developers would lose the BoP every possible item of value mindset they have slipped into , before I played this I never would have dreamed one of my main sources of income in a MMO would be praying/leadership profession lmfao.
    . . . Yeah, this is one of my biggest complaints, about how so much in game is BoP. All BoP needs to be BtA instead, especially the leadership rewards. It's such a bloody task to have to open all those chests on each character only to end up mailing everything in them to my main character. Seems like making Leadership rewards BtA would be a win win. It would both help the community organize their loot as well as lessen the mail server strain.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The rank 20 task is Destroy Enemy Camp. I've got 8 chars (soon to be nine)with rank 20 leadership and blue workers, usually raking in 150 to 200k a day. The ninth is also contributing a lot since she can salvage all the BOE purples my mains pull out of dungeons. Definitely I'd love it if leadership chests were BtA. I'd send them all to whichever character needed RP and avoid having to mail the enchants in multiple mails.

It doesn't take that much time to manage their tasks. Using the Gateway and the back button to select the same task multiple times, I can run through all of them in a few minutes. It helps that I know exactly what to prioritize.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    . . . Yeah, this is one of my biggest complaints, about how so much in game is BoP. All BoP needs to be BtA instead, especially the leadership rewards. It's such a bloody task to have to open all those chests on each character only to end up mailing everything in them to my main character. Seems like making Leadership rewards BtA would be a win win. It would both help the community organize their loot as well as lessen the mail server strain.

Or just make crafting ingredients (not assets) account wide. and by that I mean stuff on one character accessable on other characters, in one big pool of resources.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hear this guy knows a thing or two.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I already plugged that for you several posts up. :P
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I already plugged that for you several posts up. :P

Ooo, thanks!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Yeah about this leadership/praying thing on 11 characters...

I just can't see myself spending an hour a day at the equivalent of a data-entry job (logging in/out, profession clicking) for 3 months just so I can EVENTUALLY have a decent amount of AD to spend on my character.

It's a little messed up that there's no decent way to make money Playing the Game, unless you happen to already be a 15k CW and can farm CN, or already have AD from when there were actually viable ways to make it and can make use of things like the wealth-building guide above.

Every MMO I've ever played, even free ones, have ways to make in-game currency. Usually they're fairly tedious but nothing compared to leadership on 11 different characters.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014

BtA would be better than what it is. At least you aren't stuck with salvaging an item you really need just because it's for the wrong toon because you're forced to. But there really need to be a lot more BoE items. BoP may kill the long term enjoyment of this game. People have started to leave. The old dungeons are the most profitable ones and as more content gets release, it will get less and less important while being more and more repetitive. New content will no longer be profitable or rewarding to replay once you own everything. You can get through content very quickly, but being able to replay dungeons keeps players playing so long as its rewarding and doesn't feel like a waste of time. Unless maybe they don't really care about the ones dedicated to spending there time here but prefer to cater to the ones who don't spend as much time, may pay for items and don't blitz through content which would be a shame. What kept me playing was being in a guild filled with other skilled players and farming profitable dungeons. So far dungeons feel less profitable and CN is a little repetitive after doing it for so long so a lot of people left. It's be nice to farm mc/vt for a change of scenery but it's just not worth the effort or more importantly the time. I'd like to continue playing, but so far my play time has been pretty much being a bot for focusing on my professions rather than actually playing or having fun. I've also been playing preview which is a nice change of scenery but with the artifact looking like the only boe item (and presumably a rare drop). It'll look like we're gonna spend 1-2 month doing the campaign and back to doing nothing ):.

To me the campaign systems seem artificially prolonged with repetitive quests. Of course I like repeating dungeons for the loot because it made playing rewarding rather than the campaign where I just want to finish it as soon as possible to be done with it. I play coz I like the feeling of progression and the combat here is enjoyable once I have all my gear though, if most of the drops are bop I don't feel like I'm really progressing. So at that point I'll continue crafting for progress and not really playing ):. I kind of hope things change to get me to actually keep playing, but I'm not so sure. I'm also a person who can keep playing for more than I should just to keep progressing. Most people would probably just get bored and leave. I feel like that will happen to most of the top pve guys. The pvp guys still have a ladder to look forward to, and hope they get to see another pvp map or more even though I kind of hate it.

I actually feel bad for new players, having multiple toons to get a steady supply of AD shouldn't be a requirement, but the income you can earn in game is getting lower and lower unless you do that. It's also a pretty boring task so not for everyone. Personally I'm glad I did, I have 12 level 20 leadership toons on 2 accounts and not far off from 16. I considered getting some more with the char slot sale and 2x xp coming up but I think I have enough work to maintain them and hope it will be enough for me. With 13k per day which isnt hard to do with 6x destroy enemy camps, and can exceed that with protect diamond shipment, 12 toons will give me 156k per day or just over 1m AD a week. However it's been a long journey to get this far and took a lot of investment in adventurers and man-at-arms (which aren't required of course, but adds convenience). I've also managed to do a lot of cn runs when it was a lot more profitable. I also invest ad into stuff that I think will make a profit in the long term. I've really only managed to get to this position by having too much free time though. Most people don't have the luxury. If they're in it for the long term, leadership will definitely help and level multiple leadership toons at the same toons so you don't need to repeat it all over again. Most people should be able to get by with playing 1 toon, whether they do nowadays I'm not so sure. I'm just glad I'm not one of them :D

I've also spent some money on zen, some for investing, some not. Some being horrible investments... I feel like I get more value from my AD income though due to high costs.

Edit: wth, how did I type so much D:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah about this leadership/praying thing on 11 characters...

I just can't see myself spending an hour a day at the equivalent of a data-entry job (logging in/out, profession clicking) for 3 months just so I can EVENTUALLY have a decent amount of AD to spend on my character.

It's a little messed up that there's no decent way to make money Playing the Game, unless you happen to already be a 15k CW and can farm CN, or already have AD from when there were actually viable ways to make it and can make use of things like the wealth-building guide above.

Every MMO I've ever played, even free ones, have ways to make in-game currency. Usually they're fairly tedious but nothing compared to leadership on 11 different characters.
    . . . You can. This is just one of the ways. If you want to make AD in-game by playing, then you'll need to run the Dailies from Rhix, Neverember and the PvP Dailies that award AD. Then, all the purple gear you get from doing Delves and what-not, you'll salvage for AD or sell on the AH for AD. You can also run the CTA's when they happen and sell off any companions you get from the chests (best to save them until after the event to sell them).
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    . . .
    . . . Seriously though, only takes me about 20-30 minutes to go through and collect/reselect professions. About an hour when I meander a bit on each.

That's a long time. Seriously, making the profession tab account shared would really help out. Mailing people/tools back and forth every day is a huge hassle. It's not like our individual characters are lugging a pack of adventurers on their backs.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That's a long time. Seriously, making the profession tab account shared would really help out. Mailing people/tools back and forth every day is a huge hassle. It's not like our individual characters are lugging a pack of adventurers on their backs.

There are a few things the devs could do to make life a lot easier on people with many alts - for instance, they could add a "collect all" button on the profession tab in the gateway, which collects all completed tasks. They could also add an "open all" option to the menu that comes up when you click a stack of the leadership chests/boxes.

If I'm in a hurry, I just click collect for the completed tasks, click to the inventory tab and hit refine, click the SCA tab to get the daily reward, then back to the profession tab to setup the next batch of tasks. There are enough tasks that I can setup to fill all my slots, (I mostly have 7 per character with 20 leadership) - 3 x destroy enemy camp, 3 x fight off spellplagued, 1 x destroy undead - these don't require any special resources, so I can always set them up. I have 8 characters, (7 w/ maxed leadership), and it takes about 2 minutes to set everything up per character.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    . . . You can. This is just one of the ways. If you want to make AD in-game by playing, then you'll need to run the Dailies from Rhix, Neverember and the PvP Dailies that award AD. Then, all the purple gear you get from doing Delves and what-not, you'll salvage for AD or sell on the AH for AD. You can also run the CTA's when they happen and sell off any companions you get from the chests (best to save them until after the event to sell them).

Yeah, but you hit the cap of 24k rough AD a day pretty fast.

When good things cost millions of AD it's not all that helpful.

Maybe if they let the skirmish hour give you 1k refined AD, it would help.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    . . . Correction: I had stated I was using Man-At-Arms on all but two of my characters. I was confused, I'm using Footmen on 13 of my 15 characters. My main two are using enough Adventurers to have two in each task while the rest only use one Footman per task.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    I would certainly love some quality of life upgrades. Especially when it comes to professions.

For instance in Alpha it was suggested that we should be given a workshop where we could directly interact with assets and see them working.
    Perhaps this idea could be re-envisioned to be a location (in game only) where you could assign tasks for all characters on the account at once without a sea of UI navigation or character swapping.

But even as Bioshrike said just having a collect all (especially account wide) would be a huge boon.

In truth most of the time 20-30 minutes Zeb and I experience are from a lack of UI Optimizations such as clicking "Close" when collecting rewards or manually entering tasks instead of having a one click button to do the same task.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I would certainly love some quality of life upgrades. Especially when it comes to professions.

For instance in Alpha it was suggested that we should be given a workshop where we could directly interact with assets and see them working.
    Perhaps this idea could be re-envisioned to be a location (in game only) where you could assign tasks for all characters on the account at once without a sea of UI navigation or character swapping.

But even as Bioshrike said just having a collect all (especially account wide) would be a huge boon.

In truth most of the time 20-30 minutes Zeb and I experience are from a lack of UI Optimizations such as clicking "Close" when collecting rewards or manually entering tasks instead of having a one click button to do the same task.
    . . . Indeed. When I do use Gateway, I can roll through it all in about 10 minutes or less. I rarely use the Gateway for professions though because I also do my prayers at the same time, so might as well do the professions while I'm going through praying. The UI in game is just clunky and pressing the wrong buttons tends to slow me down.

. . . I would love a "Repeat all" and "Collect All" buttons.