test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dev Tracker thread...still no GF news!!

snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
edited April 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Every day I read the dev tracker thread to see if there are any changes to GF's....NONE...

They keep buffing the hell out of HR's...talk about TR's...talk about GWF's...occasionally they mention CW's but NEVER do they say anything about GF's (other than a black ice change to a helm) !!!!!!

Developers please give us old school GF's some type of indication that there is light at the end of the tunnel for us. Our class is the only class that has NOT been touched (other than nerfs) since release!!!

Signed,

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
Dragon Server
HAMSTER, level 60 GF, "Bloodthirsty" since Mod 2
Anarchist, level 60 CW
Arsenic,
level 60 TR
Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
Therapissed,
level 60 DC
Post edited by snappa0126 on

Comments

• kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    One of the reasons I quit playing this game is because I just gave up on any chance for the GF.

They FINALLY acknowledged that GF needed to be looked at about 2 months ago, but after chatting with a "friend", I found out that there are no immediate plans to do a damned thing with the GF class other than continue to nerf it through Mod3.

Don't take my word for it, my knowledge is 3rd hand, but don't be shocked when Mod3 rolls right on through and GF just passes the 1 year of development without so much as a glance by the Developers...

GF + GWF =2 Fighter classes. That's redundant and unnecessary. Ignore one, work on all the others.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • wildfire5wildfire5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not that I'm taking the developer's side, but they DID give the GF a power boost when Tenacity came out. It wasn't enough, but it was definitely a step forward. GFs are plenty competitive in PvP. I remember reading in another GF complaint thread that the developers said they knew about the GF problems. There might not be a solution in time for module 3, but then again there might be.

I only started playing in mid-December, but the GF class didn't seem that bad. Maybe I was just being more objective and not necessarily trying to see them as a tank class, more of an aggro/controller/interceptor type. I did feel underpowered before the Tenacity patch for sure, but then I was a CQ type with an overinflated gear score. They recently removed the GS boost from Reckless Attacker, and on the preview patch my GS dropped from over 15k to just under 13k. And in retrospect, considering that was my "true" gear score, it wasn't really all that bad.

The only nerf from that patch was Frontline Surge, which got a power decrease but a target cap increase, making it worse for PvP but the same/better for PvE. The new and improved Griffon's Wrath with the CQ path + some Tactician is brilliant for PvP. Lunging Strike's AoE makes it a perfect compliment to Fighter's Recovery to make up for the power decrease in Frontline Surge. Many of the other skills were boosted as well.

I'm not exactly pleased with the decision to nerf the Knight Captain Armor. I would have preferred that they boost the other PvE armors to be on par with it. To me that would have been a more elegant solution to all this which would prevent GFs from being OP in PvP. But honestly, it wouldn't take much. It really wouldn't...

If they decide to boost the rest of the PvE armors (and hopefully trim back on the Knight Captain Armor nerf), problem solved.

If they give the GF an inherent PvE only DPS/aggro boost, problem solved.

If they boost certain skills which are most useful in PvE anyway, like increasing the target caps for Frontline Surge and Enforced Taunt, and maybe increase the AoE damage of Lunging Strike (the AoE barely does anything in PvP anyways), problem solved.

I'd like to see all three of these be done, but any combination would solve the GF plight.

And after all, they DID nerf GWFs in the preview shard...
  • killernorekillernore Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    comon the GF need love DEV!!!!!":mad::mad::mad:
  • snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited April 2014
    wildfire5 wrote: »
    they DID give the GF a power boost when Tenacity came out. It wasn't enough, but it was definitely a step forward. GFs are plenty competitive in PvP. I remember reading in another GF complaint thread that the developers said they knew about the GF problems.

I only started playing in mid-December, but the GF class didn't seem that bad.

The only nerf from that patch was Frontline Surge, which got a power decrease but a target cap increase, making it worse for PvP but the same/better for PvE. The new and improved Griffon's Wrath with the CQ path + some Tactician is brilliant for PvP. Lunging Strike's AoE makes it a perfect compliment to Fighter's Recovery to make up for the power decrease in Frontline Surge.

You are entirely too new to even comment on this thread. You state that you started in December? You haven't even figured out your own class yet, which is probably a CW. I assume that because you think GF's are fine and those are the only class we can somewhat slaughter on a regular basis.

Frontline Surge was our bread and butter for the prone..no other reason...we used frontline surge to give our teams time to reach us while we held a point. The prone duration has been nerfed greatly.

Griffon's Wrath is a joke... I don't recommend any GF use this for PvP.

Lunging Strike is a must for PvP as we need it to reach CW's and HR's.

R/
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC
  • wildfire5wildfire5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    snappa0126 wrote: »
    You are entirely too new to even comment on this thread. You state that you started in December? You haven't even figured out your own class yet, which is probably a CW. I assume that because you think GF's are fine and those are the only class we can somewhat slaughter on a regular basis.

Frontline Surge was our bread and butter for the prone..no other reason...we used frontline surge to give our teams time to reach us while we held a point. The prone duration has been nerfed greatly.

Griffon's Wrath is a joke... I don't recommend any GF use this for PvP.

Lunging Strike is a must for PvP as we need it to reach CW's and HR's.

R/

I don't know what you're talking about. I AM a lv 60 GF with full Timeless and Knight Captain and I've beaten most of the dungeons. It's pretty much the only class I play. My CW is only lv 20. lol. I'm not claiming to be an expert, or even that great, but honestly in a one on one fight I'm not especially terrified of anyone other than a perma-stealth TR.

Griffon's Wrath is not a joke when you've got Trample the Fallen and Combat Superiority on along with Staggering Challenge in the CQ path. The only drawback is that it requires excellent timing. Of course Lunging Strike is a must. Who was saying it's not?

All I was saying is that the developers know something is wrong. Are they taking the proper steps to fix the Guardian Fighter? Not yet. Have they at least tried? Yes. Will the continue to try? Most likely.

If by "figuring out" my class you mean have I achieved a 15k gear score without the assistance of Reckless Attacker? Then no. But I know how most of the dungeon fights work. I've gotten positive K/D on plenty of PvP matches. I do have some of the highest tier gear. And I'm having fun.

I completely agree that GFs need a power boost. I'm just saying the required changes aren't that dramatic. It's just a matter of when the developers get around to making them, not if.

I think playing the same class for 4 and a half months qualifies me to speak on the forums.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Griffon's Wrath is not a joke when you've got Trample the Fallen and Combat Superiority on along with Staggering Challenge in the CQ path. The only drawback is that it requires excellent timing. "

^
    +1.
    I think yes GW in some cases it might come handy.But that's just preferences :)
  • snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited April 2014
    I don't know what you're talking about. I AM a lv 60 GF with full Timeless and Knight Captain and I've beaten most of the dungeons. It's pretty much the only class I play. My CW is only lv 20. lol. I'm not claiming to be an expert, or even that great, but honestly in a one on one fight I'm not especially terrified of anyone other than a perma-stealth TR.

I also have full timeless and KC but I really don't care right now about PvE. I am talking from a PvP aspect. If you are only afraid of a TR in a 1v1 then you may need to fight more HR's and GWF's and even a CW once in a blue moon.

Griffon's Wrath is not a joke when you've got Trample the Fallen and Combat Superiority on along with Staggering Challenge in the CQ path. The only drawback is that it requires excellent timing. Of course Lunging Strike is a must. Who was saying it's not?

No comment really other than I would rather use anvil of doom to finish up the people with health lower than 25%. AoD's cooldown needs to be changed from 16 seconds to 10 seconds.
    All I was saying is that the developers know something is wrong. Are they taking the proper steps to fix the Guardian Fighter? Not yet. Have they at least tried? Yes. Will the continue to try? Most likely.

How would we know the Developers are taking proper steps to fix GFs? Have you read something that I haven't? If so, please show me where the Developers admit that GF's are jacked up and they are going to take a look at fixing them. The whole purpose of this post is to notify developers that we want an update on our class. Something that they have NOT done.
    I completely agree that GFs need a power boost. I'm just saying the required changes aren't that dramatic. It's just a matter of when the developers get around to making them, not if.

Power is being nerfed in the near future. We do need a HUGE boost. It's sad that classes with gear scores 3k lower than ours outdo us in everything.
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014

If by "figuring out" my class you mean have I achieved a 15k gear score without the assistance of Reckless Attacker? Then no. But I know how most of the dungeon fights work. I've gotten positive K/D on plenty of PvP matches. I do have some of the highest tier gear. And I'm having fun.

I think playing the same class for 4 and a half months qualifies me to speak on the forums.

The developers are not saying anything , and anything you say on thier behalf is nothing but speculation augmented by thier silence. Nothing for mod 3. Nothing.
  • jonboi1jonboi1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would love to see the GF with an attack like everyone else's.. The TR, CW, GWF all have an attack that can wipe out half to all of my Hitpoints in one shot.. Why do all the other classes have a weapon like that but we do not? We are also the only class without an escape move. We have to sit there and take the abuse. We have no stealth like TR, no dodge like CW and HR and no fast run like GWF.. How can the dev's think this is fair? They definitely need to start putting some time into our class.
  • hadesgabrielhadesgabriel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i was in beta and after the GF was op then solo almost any class 1v1/2 then the nerf started and the P2W began to mess around i left for some time and now i find the GF underpowerd the guard meter cut in half by a vorpal with one at will no new improvement to the skills for pvp just pve
  • kaiuscormerekaiuscormere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    The GF could use about 75% more damage on all abilities. I don't know why I do half the damage of a GWF when they can tank all content.
  • aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The developers definitely deserve to play only Guardian Fighters during their "Fight the Devs" PvP events on the Preview; that way their toons can be slaughtered by all other classes and they feel what problems a Guardian Fighter nowadays has -- were they brave enough during the last event? Or did they play all others classes except a GF?

It would only be nice to see just some changes.

The Guard Meter much more strenghened -- perma stealth with great damage is possible, but perma blocking alone is not possible? Why? Why not enhancing even more the strengh of blocking for the GF? Why? And with a protection against high damage spikes and fast attacks? The block is too fast broken and then it is dead and not so easily ready again.
    (Or changing the block mechanics completely.)

Better speed for Encounteres like Iron Warrior or Enforced Threat or Into the Fray, and At-Wills like Cleave and Crushing Surge -- a GF is one of the most pokey class.

That alone would help a bit, but right now, a Guardian Fighter is easily controlled and only a simple nice pet to have around.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Heck, there are 12 replies to this thread. even the Gf's themselves don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> hehe.
  • aiulianaiulian Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There's only one thing to say about this... The devs should play the GF class!
  • hadesgabrielhadesgabriel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just notes the TR manage to find a way to bypass ore prone skills and take no dmg from Frontline Surge or Bull Charge and make themselves perma stealth making us easy targets cutting the guard meter down and one shot us from the back i believe all have experienced this situation