Install Arc

High Vizier vs Dread Legion

13»

Comments

• vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    frywell wrote: »
    Nothing new to add - I just want to echo some sentiments:

1. 2+2 and stat boosting pets are terrible. People who use them simply have no idea how the game works.

2. HV is the best set in the game, for any class, followed by HP (DC), which gives the same debuff on mobs, but has a shorter duration and is harder to stack on everything, though it's easier to stack and keep up on bosses most of the time.

People actually use those pets that give 50-200 more stats? I didn't even know they affected GS lol.
    100 stats isn't bad but when compared to some of the pets that give a dps increase measured in %s using the ones that only give 100 stats is completely stupid.
  • thrufuthrufu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yesterday I saw a 20k CW !!

2/2 Set + Hrimnir Set + Dread Ring Belt + all Rank 10
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thrufu wrote: »

Poor thing. Any 14-17k CW will outperform it provided it's built and accessorized properly.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thrufu wrote: »

Vegeta of Nightmare Inc. lol
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bglnoda wrote: »
    So...

People from my guild exp CWs ~15K GS all run 2/4 dread and 2/4 fabled and all have advised me to drop HV and to aim for 2/4 DR + 2/4 fabled, since apperntly I lack power.

I am spellstorm/thaum build ~13K GS with HV 4/4 and ~4200 power,2300 armP,3300 rec,30% crit,...

So, would i benefit from +900 power and -450 recovery, i mean is HV really better than 2/4 DR + 2/4 fabled ?

For boss fights in CN/VT which set is better ?

These are LEECHER CWs that you're talking about. The type that hope for 3-4 CW party where somebody else puts HV for them, so they reap the benefit.

All their gain is a bit more personal DPS.

When you drop party support for personal gain in an MMO, you're just a bad player. Very bad.
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    These are LEECHER CWs that you're talking about. The type that hope for 3-4 CW party where somebody else puts HV for them, so they reap the benefit.

When you drop party support for personal gain in an MMO, you're just a bad player. Very bad.

I'd actually have to disagree with that.

I keep multiple sets of gear for use depending on what the situation calls for. I could end up doing multiple types of roles all within the same dungeon.

I have a Crit Set (Shadow Gear)

The Power/Recover Set (VZ)

And even an AP Set which combines some Shadow Gear with Fire Giant Coronet and Thickgristle Gauntlets.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »

seconded
    /10 char
  • goldenregisgoldenregis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hrenvasia wrote: »
    I would like to ask the people who collected Dread Legion, as it is compared to High Vizier. whether to abandon the High Vizier in favor of the Dread Legion?

So back to the topic, instead of complaining about SW vs HV. What exactly are the calculations for the dread legion set? Does anyone have any sort of solid information on the dread legion set? Does it proc 40% of the time? Less? More? I don't have the entire set so I can't do calculations.
    Heh. Mod 0 player/guild, "The Jolly Rogers"
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So back to the topic, instead of complaining about SW vs HV. What exactly are the calculations for the dread legion set? Does anyone have any sort of solid information on the dread legion set? Does it proc 40% of the time? Less? More? I don't have the entire set so I can't do calculations.

The results from players testing the set with ACT make me not remotely curious as to how often it procs, because the answer is clearly "not nearly enough" and/or "to very little effect." It's seriously bad.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• hopebringer83hopebringer83 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Today i've got finally 4/4 Dread legion set...But as i read here and as i see in many runs on VT and CN is that dread legion 4/4 has nothing to offer except personal dps dmg...So i think that HV set is still the best by far...It's a pity because the appearance of DL is just awesome!
    Maybe the best thing is to transmute DL to my favorite HV!
  • drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like the look of it too! Let us know how it works out for you hopebringer. If I'm in a group with HV wizards it's always nice to have an alternative.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?