test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Multiple accounts

souwayliersouwaylier Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi guys! I've just wondered if possessing multiple accounts is legal, or can I get banned for that? Thanks in advance! And sorry if I overlooked a similar thread.

Cheers!
Post edited by souwaylier on

Comments

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The first official stance was it's allowed but don't go over the top with the quantity (whatever that meant). The most recent statement said two.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    The first official stance was it's allowed but don't go over the top with the quantity (whatever that meant). The most recent statement said two.

Yeah... I've heard the "two is ok" comment somewhere as well...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • souwayliersouwaylier Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Two is enough for me. I just wanna more characters, bypassing need to pay for slots :P Thanks guys! If I get banned, I'll find you! (joke ofc)

Cheers!
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    souwaylier wrote: »
    Hi guys! I've just wondered if possessing multiple accounts is legal, or can I get banned for that? Thanks in advance! And sorry if I overlooked a similar thread.

Cheers!

Hi souwaylier!

Currently, we do not support the use of multiple accounts in Neverwinter. Thank you for asking first! We always appreciate it :)
    edited April 2014
    "Currently" is a nice choice of words here, because you changed your stance on this now twice over the months (from not too much please to two to one).

I would highly recommend updating the ToS, because based on them it's perfectly fine to create multiple accounts.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I believe some clarification is in order, as it seems like some confusion is made between having multiple accounts and USE of multiple accounts at the same time (multiclienting).
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited April 2014
    Ok, so multiboxing is prohibited, but the rule of the two still stands?
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bare in mind in mod 3 there's a quest to get a free artifact that once you beat, you can unlock for the rest of your toons. The artifact is class specific. Personally I have 2 accounts. 1 for my main that has 6 different classes L60s with L20 leadership. My other is a mule that I manually invoke and do leadership on to gain extra AD which has currently 6 level 20 leaderships and working upto 10. I think that's fair enough since I've bought plenty of bag and bank space on my main. My problem is that I like to keep stuff which can take up a lot of space ):. I technically multibox the 2 accounts while invoking, but I doubt that's what they're concerned about.

I doubt they'd ban for the use of multiple accounts, there are reasons why people may want more than one account. Though they have permanently banned for ridiculous reasons before I guess. Maybe await more clarification if you're that worried.
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have just 1 account with 10 slots, i m not saying you do the same, but consider this, if you buy a mount in the zen store, that mount will be reclaimable infinately by any of your characters (bop), even characters created after the purchase. Plus, it s easier to access, and change characters for invoking and handling items. Another thing is the artifact on mod 3, as someone said. I have 8 toons now, and i can t even imagine the pain that is has to be if i had them in 4 diferent accounts. Character slots are not that expensive, if you save a couple of zen, sometimes it goes on a sale and you can buy it quite cheap.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    Hi souwaylier!

Currently, we do not support the use of multiple accounts in Neverwinter. Thank you for asking first! We always appreciate it :)

Please Clarify, Support the Use. So you mean someone can't login on the same computer twice (ie two gameclient running at the same time) or you will ban someone using 2 computers with 2 different accounts at the same time or even one computer but having 2 accounts not at the same time?

This is cryptic.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wait confused now? I'm taking it for granted we can't multiclient like most other mmo's I've played had that rule but now we can't have more than one account even if we only log onto one at a time?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have multiple accounts. I log one at a time. I have spent a fair chunk of change on this game, including lots of extra character slots, and multiple purchases of the same purple mounts. Please advise if at some point in the future this is going to be a problem.

Just asking for clarification. I don't want to be wasting my time on characters that have no future.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All he said was that they "don't support the use of multiple accounts in Neverwinter." Probably refers to boxing multiple clients (which no one in this game really needs to do, anyway, unless they're illicit farmers or something :P). Also likely to mean that if you suffer some oddball tech issue that results from multiboxing, they have no support for your problem.

Even if they officially "don't support" players having more than one account, it's not like they are going to start up a witch hunt to ban people. Purchasing character slots and other upgrades on one account generally makes FAR more sense than trying to whip up a bunch of free accounts, so most players with more than one active account probably maintain them for reasons other getting more free slots etc.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Here's the clarification:

You may have two accounts but you should not multi-box (use more than one account at the same time).
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    Hi souwaylier!

Here's the clarification:

You may have two accounts but you should not multi-box (use more than one account at the same time).

Not that it is particularly useful for anything, but what happened to the thread a few weeks ago that someone else just linked where the conclusion seemed to be multi-boxing was ok as long as one didn't abuse it with programs/botting/control using methods beyond what would be considered allowed gameplay or utilize it for exploitive purposes?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?91511-Is-multi-boxing-allowed-and-can-it-be-done&p=1365281&viewfull=1#post1365281
    edited April 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    What happened to the thread a few weeks ago that someone else just linked where the conclusion seemed to be it was ok as long as one didn't abuse it with outside programs/botting or exploitive purposes?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?91511-Is-multi-boxing-allowed-and-can-it-be-done&p=1365281&viewfull=1#post1365281

That's from 2013.
    edited April 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    That's from 2013.

well... I guess its about time to start paying attention to the years of posts now as well
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    That was also a debate and not an official statement. The confirmation I listed was approved by the CM's.
    edited April 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    well... I guess its about time to start paying attention to the years of posts now as well

I wouldn't be as much a problem or confusion if this was just included in the ToS. In the end this is what you have to refer to anyway. Might have missed it in the wall of text though, briefly read through it and couldn't find anything about the number of accounts you're allowed to have.
    edited April 2014
    That was also a debate and not an official statement. The confirmation I listed was approved by the CM's.

Alright, thanks
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't think you will get banned for it, but you will be missing out on transferring account bound items and the new upcoming account bank.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    to be clear, if you read through the ToS, there aren't a lot of specifics in there. interpret the ToS as you will, but the risk is your own. PWE reserves the right to determine what is and isn't a violation of the terms of service and if the CMs are indicating what is and isn't acceptable yet you still choose to operate outside of those terms, again the risk is your own.
  • beaconhillsbeaconhills Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Guys this is an Old Thread Since Thread is closed i decided to find a thread that fits with the one i would've start if was possible

will be a problem if i crate 5-10 accounts make 2 characters per account and log in every single day to invoke characters maybe even invest in leader ship get them to level 20 and then make som RD ( Rough Diamonds ) and then refine them to AD

so is there rule about having a lot accounts or you can create as much as you want if u play legaly i just want to sign in manualy and invoke my patriots :D 7/7 a chance for coalescent ward :)

Ty in Adv :v
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Transferring AD between accounts is not smiled upon. Don't do it. Making that many accounts is a sure way to get them all, and your main, sanctioned. If you're actually playing each character (E.G doing dailies, quests, etc), a few extra accounts should be no problem. But if one is using those accounts solely to make AD, and on top of that transferring said AD between accounts, or doing other questionable actions, you will find yourself without any accounts. There really is very few legitimate reasons to have more than two or three accounts of your own and sharing accounts is against the EULA/ToS directly.

If all you want are more characters, then buy more character slots. Instead of delving into the realm of illegal activities, spend that investment on more character slots on your main account instead.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.