test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Exectioner vs Scoundrel PVP sets

2»

Comments

• Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    And no one gives a fk about how a TR PVE. TR sucks in PVE.
    Weird
    I do really well in PVE and when the rest of the team wipes in MC or VT, I seem to be the only one still fighting. I can't count how many times I have been the last toon standing.
    Dead = Zero DPS = Zero chance of completing the Dungeon
    Unless someone else bails you out.
    So I disagree. If your dead, you are not as good as me in PVE.
    TR's and HR's due to our ability to move super fast are incredibly effective in the final fight in VT.
    No one else can match Deft Strike, Lurkers assault or Marauders Rush when you need to prevent the ads from the caskets.

Personally I run the Profound Scoundrel Armor and was able to make up for the loss in Crit compared to my previous gear quite easily. In PvP Tenacity outweighs the loss of Hps. It did take me some time to farm what I needed after earning my Profound set but now that I did, it's been well worth it.
    Now that I have had some time to round out my stuff, I am extremely happy with my Scoundrel Profound gear
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think what slushpsycho meant is that, you can do any T2+ dungeons with 3 CW + 2 GWF. While you can't do the same with 3 TR + 2 HR (maybe you can for some, but will take you twice as long). If a TR and a CW puts his hands up for a dungeon at the same time, people will always choose the CW first as their objective is to clear the dungeon in minimal time.

We don't mind having a TR or HR in the party, but if they don't get priority unless it's someone you know.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    jaotut wrote: »
    I think what slushpsycho meant is that, you can do any T2+ dungeons with 3 CW + 2 GWF. While you can't do the same with 3 TR + 2 HR (maybe you can for some, but will take you twice as long). If a TR and a CW puts his hands up for a dungeon at the same time, people will always choose the CW first as their objective is to clear the dungeon in minimal time.

We don't mind having a TR or HR in the party, but if they don't get priority unless it's someone you know.

I am well aware of what he was saying with his choice of words. It was quite obvious and I disagree.
    The word Suck limits the intended meaning.
    I made a specific example and I will only comment on the survivability of a TR. People's opinion vs the character's effectiveness are 2 different things. And 5 Tr's can clear dungeons. 5 CW's or 5 Gwf's.......... Or better yet, either class solo........Show me proof via a video before I will believe it.
    I'll take time and success over quick and dead any day
  • Options
    enjyaenjya Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    xyntrynz1a
    The last time my team wiped on MC was when i played solo with randoms with +9k gs same with VT. And u dont even need to destroy caskets there just plain old "nuke him". Also even if all pt wipes on VT with her haveing 10% hp left i doubt a TR can finish her.

Now in terms of priority u will take cw that can kill few groups of mobs in 1-2 rotations or tr that can kill 1 elite mob in the same time?
    So i will do it fast and with skill to have a lot more valueable loot so i can try to upgrade my TR so she can outdps slightly better randoms :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    enjya wrote: »
    xyntrynz1a
    The last time my team wiped on MC was when i played solo with randoms with +9k gs same with VT. And u dont even need to destroy caskets there just plain old "nuke him". Also even if all pt wipes on VT with her haveing 10% hp left i doubt a TR can finish her.

Now in terms of priority u will take cw that can kill few groups of mobs in 1-2 rotations or tr that can kill 1 elite mob in the same time?
    So i will do it fast and with skill to have a lot more valueable loot so i can try to upgrade my TR so she can outdps slightly better randoms :)

DemonChildmonger claims to have video of soloing Valindra.

I am assuming when you type the letter u you are meaning "You" in general. If by u you mean "Xyntrynzia", then you are incorrect.
    I don't care as much about that stuff. I do dungeons to round out a team and play with friends. I am not a power player to the point of needing to clear <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> super fast at the expense of playing with people I enjoy playing with.
  • Options
    enjyaenjya Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was talking about what u wrote earlier also u dont need power players to clear trash fast xd and i never team up with ppl i dont enjoy playing with. I think that is a given.

About soloing valindra :D thats what i would like to see, give me a link. I tried killing her once but died. Is it that she doesnt use her hand to hold when in stealth?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I have not seen the full video,
    People will have to ask DemonChildMonger for the link.
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    xyntrynz1a wrote: »
    Weird
    I do really well in PVE and when the rest of the team wipes in MC or VT, I seem to be the only one still fighting. I can't count how many times I have been the last toon standing.
    Dead = Zero DPS = Zero chance of completing the Dungeon

Most likely because they are doing all the damage and drawing all the agro.

How exactly do you deal with the endless hoards of adds in each of the encounters in VT or MC?

TR is useless except for the boss fights in those dungeons.