test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Using Guild Launch?

soulblazer07soulblazer07 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hello :) Was wondering if anybody was in an active guild in Neverwinter? If you are, do you use any 3rd party services in your guild such as TeamSpeak? Curious to know what people use to communicate and manage their guilds. I'm with Guild Launch and trying to figure out if anybody else uses it. I've got some premium plan coupons from Guild Launch if anybody wants one for their guild.
Post edited by soulblazer07 on

Comments

• rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I use Guildlaunch for the website and our Teamspeak is through there as well. On the premium plan already...

• tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We use Teamspeak and good ole hostgator for our website
  • althahfcalthahfc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 91
    edited March 2014
    enjin with their supported teamspeak; although we are looking at vBulletin or a phpBB host coupled with a teamspeak service
  • rhodahrhodah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We use mumble, but it's not mandatory for our members.
  • epsilon1977epsilon1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Opus Dei use GuildPortal (free plan) and RaidCall.
    On another note Hostgator is probably the best paid host out there, been using them for many years for several websites.
    Epsilon of Mythos (@epsilon1977)
    Holy Resurrector and Grand Master of OPUS DEI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://opusdei.abyssportal.com
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    http://tyrspaladium.forumotion.com/

Tyrs Paladium uses Forumotion. We love it because its not the same ole template based layout that's so familiar in the guild based website hosts. We've customized it over the years to do exactly what we wish. We are a very active website, with 400 members that span four games. I'd recommend it for small/medium or large sized guilds. Its great for a tight knit guild like ours.

As for 3rd party chat, we use raidcall. Its free, with excellent sound quality.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • malphaeousmalphaeous Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited March 2014
    Pacem Para Bellum uses TS for voice chat, and Webs.dom for site hosting, like Andre said not the same template based setup as the guild hosting sites.
    The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Did I mention, I do not have good intentions?
  • fantom3nfantom3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Team Fencebane is using TS, along with an upcoming website/forum based on Enjin but with a premium plan and PLENTY of customized utilitys. Only the best for Neverwinter-Stream Official guild :) I've looked into GL and GP, non of them are good enough and offers what we need.
    Neverwinter addict since open-BETA! What's your drug?
    Spoon? There is no spoon.

Old member of Team Fencebane (R.I.P)
    - One of the 5 core founders.
  • sinister0mensinister0men Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Team Omen Guild uses teamspeak 3 and we have a website at team-omen.com . we support multiple games in our community and this combination gives us the ability to offer them the security and support they need for their individual game, plus communication with the team.
  • soulblazer07soulblazer07 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Finally able to login and reply. Had to contact PW customer support. Apparently, deleting my temp files, restarting my computer (general maintenance on my laptop), and logging in via my email and password worked.

So most of you guys use professional webhosting and free forum hosting for your sites? TS and RaidCall are the top VoIPs for voice chat.

@fantom3n and althahfc - Can you be more specific on why you think Enjin is better? Eg: What features does Enjin offer that GL doesn't have or what features does Enjin provide that is better than GL?

Personally, I think using a dedicated guild hosting service combined with a VoIP server (bought separately or with a plan) is great for active guilds. Creating an organized list of all your guild members, posting up important links, contact info, etc.
  • soulblazer07soulblazer07 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    *bump* No replies?
  • althahfcalthahfc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 91
    edited April 2014
    Soul-

I haven't used GL in several years so I don't think I would adequately be able to compare/contrast the two.
    I do think that GL, like Enjin, will likely have limitations, and are good to start out with but eventually a thriving guild will want something like vBulletin or phpBB host or perhaps Forumotion as mentioned here, all of which offer a great deal more customization, automation, and control. Our guild enjoys the quality and features of teamspeak, but we'd prefer to have more administrative control/customization than it offers.