test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian fighter "Tab" ideas?

runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
edited April 2014 in The Militia Barracks
1. What if guardians had a weaker for of Supremacy of Steel instead of mark?
And they would have "determination" like a Great Weapon Fighter does until they can activate it.

2. Or what if tab did 500-1000 damage?

3. Or what if tab made the target deal 8% LESS damage?

Ideas everyone?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by runonnike on

Comments

• tass4tltass4tl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tab could be charged and do something similiar to the gwf skill Come and get me (without a target cap, or more than 5), but also taunting the adds affected, so it would get some utility that currently only the CW provides, which is putting adds together.
  • zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    put VM in tab. they already mixed both paragon paths of gwf and gf, why not just give them the say tab powers but differ.

VM = increase damage and cc immune + damage everyone upon activation
    unstoppable = increase attack speed cc immune + DR increase

seems fair to me
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am playing every single class *except* Guardian Fighter and for these reasons: DPS feels too slow and the TAB function is just confusing as hell to me (I can see it or feel anything 'tactile' about it) - so I gave-up playing that class.

I'd love to see what ideas you folks come up with and can only hope the Devs take some of these ideas to heart. Because if I can ever get used to that TAB class feature being used and not actually seeing anything happen on screen, I might give it another go. It's fun class to play (except for my personal complaints about it, anyway).
  • stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    always been a fan of "Combat Mastery" ala-CW tab.
  • tyedortyedor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hmm...

1. AOE Hard Taunt? Maybe insta suicide?
    2. Heal Bubble?
    3. Intercept the next attack on team mate?
    4. AOE shield to all party members?
    5. Nothing can run past you until the duration ends? 8 secs with a 2 min CD?
    6. AOE snare?
    7. Lasers? My personal favorite!! pew pew
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Battlefield Bastion

When pressing tab;

1 - You grant yourself temporary immunity to all incoming damage and crowd control
    2 - You trigger an uncapped taunt that aggros all nearby enemies
    3 - You buff your party member's damage resistance. This damage resistance will be a portion of your own defence stat, so this would actually make building a true tank worthwhile. So, if you have say 4000 defence you can transfer 20 - 25% of that to each of your party members.

This would be fitting of a ''protector''. Focus all damage on yourself, possess the ability to withstand said damage and your presence as an untouchable warrior emboldens your allies (hence their own DR buff in your presence).

We wear a ton of armour so we should have a feature that allows us to plow on through red and not have to hide behind our shield and poke people.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Personally, I would prefer to have a tab mechanic like VM rather than something that taunts. For those of us who play defensive DPS instead of Damage Cushion, something that pulls massive aggro and shields the party is pretty much a complete waste.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tab should be an AOE Taunt with a good area, that creates like 400% threat so he can gather them all in like an Arcane Singularity.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • stevygames1stevygames1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tab should let us place one of our class features into it to provide a team aura depending on which feature was slotted there.
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited March 2014
    or to slot buff encounters with the option to slot mark.
  • sh0uj0sh0uj0 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1) Keep tab as is, but add extra perks to encounters that trigger vs a marked target.

2) Keep tab as is, but improve feat support. Steal the GWF's powerful challenge and bump it down to heroic tier, do the same with Tactician's Daunting challenge. CWs get the GF's Fight on paragon feats at heroic tier and DCs get weapon mastery at tier 1 heroic so stealing feats as well as making them available earlier shouldn't be a problem.

3) Replace tab marking with Knight's Challenge. That's a hard taunt, damage boost for the GF which would also help with threat generation, and mitigation for the party in PvE. The extra damage the GF takes would serve as a deterrent to spamming without having to add an extra resource management bar.

4) Make tab marking a free action so that GFs can do it while doing other 'cooler' things (attacking). Perhaps even make all GF at wills have auto marking functionality like threatening rush seeing as Cryptic is already ok with permanent marking.
  • facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited March 2014
    Heres my idea:

When u press TAB Your shield fires a Laser at the target - dealing 10k dmg and lowering the targets deflect by 100% for 1 minute.

I would be really happy if they implement this
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Make active passives or encounters add an extra effect when using tab or blocking, that way you can customize your character with diferent approaches and improve the 2 weakest class features
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    well my main char is since day 1 of open beta a GF, so i think i can talk a little about it. Tab skill its called useless in the game but what i can say is its my main skill at boss fight, yes boss fights, maybe iam a strange guy or i tend to play strange.

the problem its not the skill or the lack ou agroo build but the way your party play. the dungeons i do mostly with my gf are SP Karr FH, and those 3 are done without a dc. now u say ohhh yes o go with a super power party full CWs, i take 1 most the times cuz i need some control specially out of boss fights.

now the tab part since this was about tab skill on GF. its the gf skill and probably all classes skill with the biggest range, it does 0 dmg, but ge the add to attack you. 1 of the hardest bosses on Karr for example its the 1st, i do it without a dc and a team average GS (10-12k), 1st you party must play according to the party u have, lets see.

1st and 2nd Karr bosses, every 1 with single target skills - i tab the 3-4 add near boss they come we kill, now 1 ranger atack the boss and bring it to the entrance every1 nuke the boss, as adds pop they attack the player closer since no1 attack it or cast on it, iam in the center of the room far from my party i tab and all atack me party its save and just have to avoid boss attacks, more adds pop i mark more adds, boss almost dead the giant guy appear im near iam the target boss dead, party change skill to multi/control we kill all, if not we die well boss is dead the loot is done. Easy, fast, simple it works all times FH 2nd last boss same 4 guys nuke boss i keep all adds on me, SP i keep boss and big guys on me my party kill adds 1st then boss and big guys, last boss exactly the same.

for those thinking i eat more potions than i breath, my last DD as FH, SP Karr final count 5 potions used.

if some1 want to see me doing it just pm (X-tremoz).
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xtremoz wrote: »
    well my main char is since day 1 of open beta a GF, so i think i can talk a little about it. Tab skill its called useless in the game but what i can say is its my main skill at boss fight, yes boss fights, maybe iam a strange guy or i tend to play strange.

the problem its not the skill or the lack ou agroo build but the way your party play. the dungeons i do mostly with my gf are SP Karr FH, and those 3 are done without a dc. now u say ohhh yes o go with a super power party full CWs, i take 1 most the times cuz i need some control specially out of boss fights.

now the tab part since this was about tab skill on GF. its the gf skill and probably all classes skill with the biggest range, it does 0 dmg, but ge the add to attack you. 1 of the hardest bosses on Karr for example its the 1st, i do it without a dc and a team average GS (10-12k), 1st you party must play according to the party u have, lets see.

1st and 2nd Karr bosses, every 1 with single target skills - i tab the 3-4 add near boss they come we kill, now 1 ranger atack the boss and bring it to the entrance every1 nuke the boss, as adds pop they attack the player closer since no1 attack it or cast on it, iam in the center of the room far from my party i tab and all atack me party its save and just have to avoid boss attacks, more adds pop i mark more adds, boss almost dead the giant guy appear im near iam the target boss dead, party change skill to multi/control we kill all, if not we die well boss is dead the loot is done. Easy, fast, simple it works all times FH 2nd last boss same 4 guys nuke boss i keep all adds on me, SP i keep boss and big guys on me my party kill adds 1st then boss and big guys, last boss exactly the same.

for those thinking i eat more potions than i breath, my last DD as FH, SP Karr final count 5 potions used.

if some1 want to see me doing it just pm (X-tremoz).

Well, the current tab is still the second most useless things after enduring warrior in the game. Tab isn't useful for solo PvE or PvP, which is about 3/4 of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • firstookamikazefirstookamikaze Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2014
    So... one guy from bêta have just find that way in order to play his GF : spamming tab and drink potions on adds when 4 dps burn weak boss... And that same guys said "no really, tab is fine because i find it usefull with my playstyle"
    Are GF players all blind ?
  • zmunitzmunit Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree something should be done about the TAB of GF, it's just useless. I don't even use it for extensive amounts of time because i forget, simply because i don't feel any effects from it (specially from PVP). Yea it can pull 1 mob, so what? zzz it's boring.

A GF is supposed to tank! give tab ability something that is worthwhile for a tanking playstyle. CC immunity + DR increase for 5 secs + Movement -50% + pulling adds closeby + threat generation seems ok. Basicly GWF tab but movement decrease and pulling adds nearby.
    edited March 2014
    I really like the idea of Villian's Menace tho. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Frontline Surge
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    TENSER'S TRANSFORMATION

Upon hitting the tab key your GF turns into... a CW for 6 seconds. 8 second cooldown.

With 3300 recovery and Fight On feat you can be a perma CW. Problem solved.

Obviously not good for PvP though.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Valiant Usefulness

On <TAB>, GF will Harakiri himself, exploding across the entire map dealing double damage to all foes.

Upon evaporation, GF will dematerialize and leave party, opening a spot for a more useful character type.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
    edited March 2014
    Hahahaha, this thread is the most sarcastic thing I've read xD
    Real suggestion tho: we should steal the gwf's unstoppable cuz we're both fighter classes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • majorlazer13majorlazer13 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    HAHA! Sorry Kolbe11 you crack me up to no end! But seriously, I am a member of D&D insider through Wizards of the Coast online. I have been DM'ing D&D for over a decade. In 4E marking is a crucial element to tabletop D&D. Most Defender classes get free attacks against marked targets that attack allies. So that is my proposed change to current GF tab ability: obey the actual D&D 4E rules that this game is based off of. Once tabbed and perma marked, if the target deals ANY damage to an ally nearby (Within 10 feet) you are granted Revenge. Revenge is a free basic attack (I.E. like crushing surge or cleave) with any weapon enchantments counted in. This attack is instant and requires no action. Also marked targets deal reduced damage against allies. Just like in actual D&D tabletop rules. The end.
  • teahup00teahup00 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    IRON WARRIOR in TAB >>> simple change
    Teahupoo - New Guardian Fighter....Loading 50%
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Give them The Best TAB in the game!!! the CW TAB... you can slot a 4th ability in it and made it Ubber powerfull with a new cool and op effect... :D
  • hadesgabrielhadesgabriel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the GF Tab its a very hi downfall considering that in pvp its practical useless its just a skill that uses a skill slot
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1. Your shield now blocks 360 degrees for 12 seconds.
    2. You send out three pulses in a circle, that have the same chance of applying your weapon enchant as your sword does. If your sword has no enchant, the pulses lower enemy armor by 5%
    edited April 2014
    Or soemthing that would help in both PvP and PvE:
    TAB RECOVERS 10% OF GUARD METER.
    Give it a 5-10 sec cooldown, and while its on cooldown, boring old "tab" does what it currently does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laichin1979laichin1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited April 2014
    Like CW, let us stick encounter in TAB that marks all effected by the encounter. Other than marks, no difference in the effect.

Simple, effective, and really easy to implement.

It will also solve some of our DPS issues.
  • laichin1979laichin1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited April 2014
    Or as I suggested on the preview forum, make it like the HR. Tab is a block / non-block stance switch. This would mean we would get all sorts of threat/defense related "block encounters", but this would be way harder to implement.