test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are the current glory gains acceptable to you?

2»

Comments

• akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That may be true but this thread was more about the glory gain and not the queue times which are hopefully going to be fixed with tomorrows patch. At least that is what the devs said last week when it was reported to be broken again.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    I guess we pvp for totally different reasons then. When I pvp its because i want to and its different from PVP. sure the glory from winning or losing is nice but that is a bonus for doing something that is 90% of the time fun.

I feel the same. Heck, probably all the PvP "purists" would feel the same way.

"Rewards" is only an issue when it is related to acquiring better stuff to PvP better, and even in that case, farming for it simply means you get to have fun while becoming stronger at the same time.. PROFIT!

But then there are those who continuously beg for rewards.. incentives... stuff they didn't earn..

(ps) That being said, to answer the OPs question; I feel the effort - reward ratio is a bit too low currently. Currently the rate of glory gains is much lower than rate of Seal of Triumph gains for most people. Realistically speaking, we probably have people who have their SoTs, but still can't buy gear because Glory doesn't stack up at a comparable rate.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    with the ELO system I get into more fair matches now

It would be interesting if you could post detailed stats.

A player has created a dedicated thread to post his PvP, thereby helping the devs by giving them valuable feedback with all the statistical info needed (score, race, gear etc) and if you consider his list (see summary below), on his ten last matches, barely one can be considered balanced in the sense chess, draughts, SC2 are balanced, that is a 10% margin is ok, which in NW would translate into 900/1000. Even worse, on the same last ten matches, the average score of the losing team is not even 500. And the ten last matches of the long series posted by this player should be where the Elo has become stable and allows accurate pairings.

Win/Loss - 1000 to 205
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 617
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 188
    Win/Loss - 457 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 334
    Win/Loss - 60 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 176 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 147 to 100
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 270
    WIn/Loss - 1000 to 385
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 254
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 678
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 489
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 857
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 310
    Win/Loss - 287 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 721
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 459
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 302
    Win/Loss - 773 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 488 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 47 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 147
    Win/Loss - 947 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 524
    Win/Loss - 731 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 349 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 212 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 78
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 401
    Win/Loss - 106 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 588
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 907
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 994
    Win/Loss - 1001 to 86
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 697
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 519
    Win/Loss - 223 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 343 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 97
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 372
    Win/Loss - 952 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 496
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 449
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 69
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 588
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 412
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 339
    Win/Loss - 507 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 263 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 229
    Win/Loss - 880 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 610 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 109
    Win/Loss - 106 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 610 to 1000
    Win/Loss - 1000 to 424

• froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    It is rather idiotic that glory gain is waaaaaay down but the prices for items stayed the same. 24k for ravenskull is still 24k. Wonderful!
  • myth8892myth8892 Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2014
    Just lost a match this morning in pugs, score was 1000-991 we came back from 300 pts down mid match..
    we almost won it but could not get a cap off the last 30 seconds or so, and they did, but it was one heck of a fun match..
    Sure there are some stompings now and than, but not near as many as before. the games have been alot more fun to play..

As far as glory goes, its fine the way it is, you should have to work for something if you want it, you should not be able to get
    all of your gear in one day, its about having fun while you are doing it... I am geared and love pugging alot more than i use to for sure...
    Now and than while pugging, I have run into some premades, and they had to earn the win everytime, and trust me a few times they barely won it... It isn't 16 k geared premades fighting 12 k people as much anymore, they are finding that out now...

I use to run in some premades, and stomping people is just plain boring, I have alot more fun pugging, helping my team out, running back and forth capping and trying to stall them from capping if i can, I dont worry about my kill ratio or any of that stuff, its about trying to help the team win, and slowly more and more pugs do infact see this and are doing the same as well...
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    At least i can get 5 pieces of profounds, with the starting of 25k glory and 10 GG coins.

5 pcs is 105k glory. GG coins give you 50 glory. So you are going to buy 105k worth of glory items with 25.5k?
  • edgethemcedgethemc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is not THAT hard to reach the full set. I do PvP mostly for dailies, and once or twice a day just for the fun, and I have 3/4, and I think that it isnt that much of a pain, cuz its a really good set (at least I think it is), so... It's worth it, and its fun...

Queues should be fixed, tho, cuz since the update, they have been extended waaay too much, but other than that, I think the Glory gain is quite reasonable. you can get like around 2500glory EASY just by doing the dailies and GG.

If you do like 3 Runs of FC in GG + GG PvP, you get around 1000glory, if you hit the motherload, you can get more.
    This added to the daily quests brings you up to 2500/3000 glory per day. if you only do the dailies and one GG run (PvP+~3Runs of FC).

It is not that hard to get the stuff, you just have to grind it a bit, that isnt a bit unreasonable, in my oppinion, since it is FREE. eheh

The only complaint here is really the queue times... that is really the thing that is messed up...
    edited March 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I'm not betting my gear on it, but I'm fairly sure that winning GG PvP gives you a seal as well.
    You'd lose that bet, you cannot get more then 2 seals a day, 1 for participating in GG PvP, one for the domination victory quest.
    edited March 2014
    benskix2 wrote: »
    My experience, and what I'm reading from other people here, is that they are spending more than 50% of their play time sitting in the queue waiting to play. At that point it really doesn't matter if 90% of the actual matches are fun, because more than half of your time is being wasted doing something that is not fun at all, waiting for a box to appear on screen with no ability to predict how long it might take said box to pop up.
    +1 for you sir.
    edited March 2014
    edgethemc wrote: »
    It is not THAT hard to reach the full set. I do PvP mostly for dailies, and once or twice a day just for the fun, and I have 3/4, and I think that it isnt that much of a pain, cuz its a really good set (at least I think it is), so... It's worth it, and its fun...

Queues should be fixed, tho, cuz since the update, they have been extended waaay too much, but other than that, I think the Glory gain is quite reasonable. you can get like around 2500glory EASY just by doing the dailies and GG.

If you do like 3 Runs of FC in GG + GG PvP, you get around 1000glory, if you hit the motherload, you can get more.
    This added to the daily quests brings you up to 2500/3000 glory per day. if you only do the dailies and one GG run (PvP+~3Runs of FC).

It is not that hard to get the stuff, you just have to grind it a bit, that isnt a bit unreasonable, in my oppinion, since it is FREE. eheh

The only complaint here is really the queue times... that is really the thing that is messed up...
    3k glory a day when a set is 150k glory for the full set, and you make it sound like you breezed into 3/4. I think you have grim and not profound. PS thats 50 days of pvp for a set at your rate.
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    I honestly think the hard cap on the amount of seals you can get is more of an issue than the glory gains. i think the profound gear ranges from 7-15 seals (i haven't looked for a while). If so that means you are looking at 4-6 weeks of doing the dailies just to get them. Again this favors the casual pvp'er more as the dedicated PVP players just cant run match after match to get a full set, unlike PVE players could theoretically due to get T2 gear (drop rates aside).

Actually its 27 seals :P But I'm with you on this. I got more of a problem earning seals than glory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Who cares about Glory gains? Everyone will be running Purified Black Ice sets with Module 3 and rocking 3k-4k Tenacity. Just use your Glory to purchase a BCRS every now and then and PVP pots. Otherwise, no need to farm Glory.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!