test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Gateway] Crafting tasks aren't always rewarding RAD

tryglitrygli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
When I collect my crafting rewards via Gateway before logging into the game on a certain day, I have 0 RAD (Rough Astral Diamonds) when I login later. When I log into the game and then do crafting via Gateway it works fine, but the whole point of Gateway is that I shouldn't have to log into to the game!!

I only discovered this yesterday, I've been wondering for a long time why I was losing so much RAD until yesterday I had 0 RAD even after collecting my leadership tasks that should have given me RAD. I've tested this over multiple characters, and on the same characters two days in a row.

This has costed me TONS of AD, possibly a few million.. depending on how long this bug has been present. And I only have 4 characters with level 20 leadership, there are people doinig this with 20 or even more characters.

I sent an ingame bug report as well.
Post edited by trygli on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When logging in for the first time in a day, RAD are auto-refined.

Here's how you know you'll get your RAD on Gateway: after collecting results from Professions, go to inventory. You will see your RAD and you can even refine them from the Gateway. But if you want to test it (the auto-refine) - look at inventory in gateway before logging in - note how much RAD you have and your AD Balance.

Then login, now look again (in gateway or in-game) - you will see those RAD were automatically refined and your main balance should have increased by the proper amount.

I concur: it can be very confusiing in a "scary" sort of way.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just refine your AD from your inventory tab in Gateway and then you'll know for sure that every single AD is accounted for.

But please be assured that you should not have lost anything as Angrysprite already explained. Refining via Gateway just sounds like it would give you peace of mind.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • trygli1trygli1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When logging in for the first time in a day, RAD are auto-refined.

Here's how you know you'll get your RAD on Gateway: after collecting results from Professions, go to inventory. You will see your RAD and you can even refine them from the Gateway. But if you want to test it (the auto-refine) - look at inventory in gateway before logging in - note how much RAD you have and your AD Balance.

Then login, now look again (in gateway or in-game) - you will see those RAD were automatically refined and your main balance should have increased by the proper amount.

I concur: it can be very confusiing in a "scary" sort of way.

Never heared about auto refinement, and it never does for me. The first thing I always do when logging in is praying and refining my daily 24k RAD. One of my characters had 300k RAD left, and today like any other day I clicked the button to refine 24k of my RAD.

Could this be because I don't play via Arc? It seems unlikely to me, but I know players who started later had to download arc before they could get the client, I started playing a lot earlier and I only had to download the neverwinter client itself.
    edited March 2014
    trygli1 wrote: »
    Never heared about auto refinement, and it never does for me. The first thing I always do when logging in is praying and refining my daily 24k RAD. One of my characters had 300k RAD left, and today like any other day I clicked the button to refine 24k of my RAD.

Could this be because I don't play via Arc? It seems unlikely to me, but I know players who started later had to download arc before they could get the client, I started playing a lot earlier and I only had to download the neverwinter client itself.

Auto-refinement of RAD is a fact, and mentioned/explained by the Devs on many occasions. However, I think it only happens once per day, and is on a cool down timer the same as Dailies/Invoking and whatnot. But it's the "first login of the day" if I remember correctly, and it only refines up to the maximum refining allowed per day - but that part could be wrong. However there is a refining amount cap.

And also, like anything else it could be "glitches" for some users and not work at all. I'm just explaining that this is how it is supposed to work, intended to work, designed to work, and usually works for most, if not everyone. But it is so subtle that it may not be noticeable to a lot of people (I barely ever notice it). Also, if logged into Gateway during this time, I don;t know (but so suspect) it might also affect this mechanic.

I am only hypothesizing how it actually works, I only know that it is supposed to. :)
  • tryglitrygli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well it would be great if it did work perfectly, but sadly it doesn't for everyone. I read your post and logged in for the first time today;

RAD: 200k+
    'You have refined 0 today.'
    'You may refine an additional 24,000 today.'

So it seems we found another bug, I don't care much for this bug, since I only have to click the refine button.
    edited March 2014
    trygli wrote: »
    Well it would be great if it did work perfectly, but sadly it doesn't for everyone. I read your post and logged in for the first time today;

RAD: 200k+
    'You have refined 0 today.'
    'You may refine an additional 24,000 today.'

So it seems we found another bug, I don't care much for this bug, since I only have to click the refine button.

Yes, it seems hit or miss with some of my characters, too. As for Gateway, I always recommend (and to the OP) that if you're in Gateway anyway, hit your purse (Inventory) and tap the Refine button right then and there.
  • tryglitrygli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes, it seems hit or miss with some of my characters, too. As for Gateway, I always recommend (and to the OP) that if you're in Gateway anyway, hit your purse (Inventory) and tap the Refine button right then and there.

Yes thank you I read it in your first post here, but forgot the test that, will try to remember to test it tomorrow.

EDIT: Asked around in my guild today about auto-refining, 3 of them said auto-refining doesn't work for them either, 1 of them didn't know, and 0 said it worked for them. All are playing directly through the game client and aren't using steam/arc.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    if you are mashing the "refine" button in-game, then auto-refine may not work on that particular day. here is how auto-refine works:
    dardove wrote: »
    The first time you log in for the day, the system auto-refines your RAD. It uses whatever is left of your refining limit from the previous day.

So for example, if you earn 12k, refine that 12k and then earn another 14k after that, then the next day it will refine 12k of that (so that you hit the 24k cap for that day) and can then refine the next 2k on new day's limit.
    edited March 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    if you are mashing the "refine" button in-game, then auto-refine may not work on that particular day. here is how auto-refine works:

Thanks for that... now it makes sense why it sometimes "does't work" - and also when it "kicks in" and by how much. See? There's a lightbulb over my head. Me getit now.