test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Professions: Any luck with unlocking rank 3 at 28%?

evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Trying to get the "complete a task and get the rank 3 result" slot to unlock.

The tier 3 result is only 28% (3 mithrals / 1 worn) but I have tried 18 times and everyone has failed!

I can't afford to buy another asset.

So has anyone got this to work at the 28% chance rate?
Post edited by evalira on

Comments

• Options
    jddouglas83jddouglas83 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No worries. It will happen, just at that % may take you up to a dozen tries though. If your able you might look for a green quality increasing asset on the cheap.
  • Options
    rfaulrfaul Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ^^ This... Don't give up, even with all purple assets my average success rate is about one every 3 attempts.
  • Options
    sylvialynnsylvialynn Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I did it with 2%. It can happen, just have to keep at it.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Finally did it on the 25th attempt. All I can say is thank you Tymora for all the crystals you dropped, and a good job I had alchemy high enough the trasmute them.
  • Options
    xxraistlenxxxxraistlenxx Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I did it with artificing - currently the cheapest purp/blues out there 3xpurple +1xblue gave ~44% - success first time on all 4 toons - AND only need to lvl it up to 11 to do your R3 unlock task
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You can start brewing batches of potions with alchemy at level 3 or something, and the humble crucible is a shared tool between alchemy and artificing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ronnybarstronnybarst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You can start brewing batches of potions with alchemy at level 3 or something, and the humble crucible is a shared tool between alchemy and artificing.

I do this on all my chars. Alchemy rank 3 lets you get rare tasks that produce 6x, 8x or 10x minor potions. 4x mithral tools.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I did it with Alchemy using a single purple crucible. no idea of the % -- you need any purple tool. I only have that one single purple tool, even for an alt you don't plan to do anything with but Leadership farm, it's worth getting one purple tool. then, just do any project you can get a rank 3 from over and over till it hits. Alchemy is a good bet since you can get that sort of project earlier and most of the projects don't take very long.

In short - yes, you can get rank three with 28% - just means you have a 72% chance not to get it. So, keep trying!
  • Options
    zylliannzylliann Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes i did it with 28% it is just time
  • Options
    lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    evalira wrote: »
    Trying to get the "complete a task and get the rank 3 result" slot to unlock.

The tier 3 result is only 28% (3 mithrals / 1 worn) but I have tried 18 times and everyone has failed!

I can't afford to buy another asset.

So has anyone got this to work at the 28% chance rate?

You need to have 4 Mithrals. Cheapest way to do it is with the Alchemy ones.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    More mithral tools increases the chances but it can be done with fewer. It's just liable to take more attempts. With alchemy, more attempts tends to be relatively painless because the results of your task will always be something usable.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia