test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class balance post-tenacity in 1v1 scenario

2»

Comments

• esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    Agreed. But until we have something like a 1v1 arena these kind of points are moot. It's 5v5 and essentially a straight capture-the-flag set-up. Now it's all about kiting and node control, primarily. But seriously 3-second cooldown for threatening rush, really? Come on man, that wouldn't even make any frikken sense.

Most of point/node holding competitions are 1 vs 1 ...

About threatning rush... idk why a class with sprint should have such mobility from first place..

GWF should/supposed to be a melee class, now they are like superman with nothing they cant do.
  • goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    keltz0r wrote: »
    I prefer PVP too but as we know for 'free players' there is no way without PVE.

And yes GWF / TR are better for capture the node yes it is possible with all. As HR sometimes my party send me to capture but I do not prefer it because my HR is not good for this, I am Archer and this mean support in this game. But if I go with someone other we can kill 1 target there very fast and easy. This is time which on center will be 3 of us but when we are 2 vs 1 we will do it way faster than if we send just one. TR / CW can do it alone fast and easy (depend of build/skills).

Other way is to send 1 member to capture enemy node and this is fastest too and not to defend our node, this work very well too. So enemy will be force to send one more to defend his node and will be 3 vs 4 in center. But to send someone 1vs1 is useful only when you are sure that this one can kill enemy in this situation fast.

Yes there is many situations but 1vs1 is losing time for all and this is ineffective and slow. This can be done very well only with TR.

Last few days I meet 2 times 2 very good premade parties, they have DC and when no one touch DC they try to kill someone 2vs1 or 3vs1 in center if someone start to touch DC they re-target on him. So they are all the time healed - this is party play. And yes they send 1 or 2 to capture the node it depend. This is party play no one there play for solo kill they want to win the war but not the solo battle.
    5vs5 mean party play and if the party try to avoid at max Hero battles 1vs1 this work very well for wining.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    esteena wrote: »
    Most of point/node holding competitions are 1 vs 1 ...

About threatning rush... idk why a class with sprint should have such mobility from first place..

GWF should/supposed to be a melee class, now they are like superman with nothing they cant do.

Any premade I've done since the changes before I decided to quit and wait for fixes has been generally 2v1 or 3v2 on nodes, because swapping players in and out has become more critical. I haven't had one premade match where node control was 1v1 for longer than a few minutes at most, because neither player could kill the other. Pug matches, yeah, maybe, but that's because pugs have no idea what to do half the time, fight off point, run away instead of staying on a node to keep points from ticking, or spam encounters.
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lazuree wrote: »
    :( I can vouch for keltz's skill. I did 2 v 2s with his scrub cw and he did really good surviving with r5s...
    <-psycho cw elitist b/c LS spoiled me

Keltz0r is a legend!!!
    Glad to have him back!!:cool:
  • tryglitrygli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree with almost everything, except GF. It's just very hard to find a good GF. Compared to a GWF you may not have sprint, but you do have Lunging Strike, and an improved Bull Charge as gap closers (along with threatning rush). And if I recall correctly the new PVP set's have a runspeed bonus on them as well.

A GF is tanky as hell, has good gap closers, good cc, can even block SE from TR, and if a GF get's lucky on crits he does massive burst damage. If GF would crit like GWF, it would be WAY more OP then a GWF. The lack of crit is wat balances the class.
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Awesome feedback.

Can't find any fault in it tbh.

I wish Keltz0r you are in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Dev team to balance PVP...