test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for Basic Artifacts

anlmrothanlmroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
I already chose an artifact in the free artifact mission, but I would like to have the other basic artifact. I heard that I can find it somewhere else in the game, but I don't know where to start.
Does anybody know where could I find them? especially the "Aurora
Post edited by anlmroth on

Comments

• Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Any skirmish (chest) or lvl60 dungeon that has a gear score requirement (boss drop)
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Any skirmish (chest) or lvl60 dungeon that has a gear score requirement (boss drop)

I thought the announcement was that any dungeon past Cloak Tower on normal could drop an artifact, not only the epic ones.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Can solo people find em?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    endocin wrote: »
    Can solo people find em?

Doubt so.

Green quality basic artifacts do drop from skirmishes/dungeons though (not sure if it has to be 60), but it's rare.

Most of the blue quality ones from AH should be obtained by the Artifact Provisions Pack from the current lockbox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    TY..:). Dad got me some keys for Christmas. I never get much tho. We save up and have opened maybe 50 since game started. They kinda suck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kap273kap273 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    endocin wrote: »
    TY..:). Dad got me some keys for Christmas. I never get much tho. We save up and have opened maybe 50 since game started. They kinda suck.

Do skirmishes. The queue times are really short and they're pretty easy, at least in my short (level 32) experience so far! You're essentially soloing because very few people talk in them.
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    my question: do the Campaign Skirmishes (Dread Legion and Master of the Hunt) have the same chance to drop Artifacts as others, or should i be doing "regular" Skirmishes if i want to find one?
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    my question: do the Campaign Skirmishes (Dread Legion and Master of the Hunt) have the same chance to drop Artifacts as others, or should i be doing "regular" Skirmishes if i want to find one?

That is a question only a dev can answer and also an answer a dev won't give.
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    That is a question only a dev can answer and also an answer a dev won't give.

actually, its a question anyone lucky enough to have gotten one from one of the aforementioned Skirmishes can answer, if any such person exists.

it having been roughly a month and a half since Mod2 was launched, i would say if nobody has gotten one out of those specific skirms yet, then they dont drop in them
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I believe I have seen people in zone chat saying they got it in Dread Legion.

Asking if the drop rate is "the same" is not quite the same as asking if there is a chance to drop at all. ;)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mayorofartamayorofarta Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    anlmroth wrote: »
    Does anybody know where could I find them? especially the "Aurora

Today we got a green quality Aurora killing Xivros in Castle Never.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Today we got a green quality Aurora killing Xivros in Castle Never.

I got an Aurora from the first mini-boss of the final solo dungeon in Helm's Deep.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I got an Aurora from the first mini-boss of the final solo dungeon in Helm's Deep.

That guy is weird in that he also drops a blue item and seals. I am guessing they originally had him as a dungeon boss and forgot to change his loot tables. Congrats though, it still is a pretty rare drop.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    lukeminherexxlukeminherexx Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In case anyone is still looking here, and people still aren't sure, YOU CAN get an artifact through a random drop, as I have one on my CW. I couldn't tell you exactly how I got it, being very new to the game I did not know the rarity of it. Only thing I can say is I did do a bunch of skirmeshes and dungeon delves, and assume that is what it was from. I just recently got the artifact quest so will be getting another soon. With all that said, I am still fairly new to the game, so this may have all been answered and is common knowledge now.

Good luck, good gaming. :)
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "You got your rules and your religion, that's designed to keep you safe, but when rules start getting broken you start questioning your faith"
    Paragon Vanguard
    Luke Minhere
    Hughe of The Purple Robes
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You are correct that BoE versions of the basic artifacts can drop in the dungeons and skirmishes. The one from the quest is BoP.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I have a Lantern of Revelation that I got a while back from the chest of a Dread Legion, probably during the skirmish hour (since that's pretty much the only time I do skirmishes).
  • Options
    arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

you mean helms HOLD, right?

we're not in middle earth, are we?
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    arsonall82 wrote: »
    we're not in middle earth, are we?
    You don't know how often I accidentally type Helm's Deep when I mean Helm's Hold. :D