test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP Matches in the Past 24 hours (Much Much Better)

xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
WOW. What a difference. From Friday night to tonight. Both in match quality and in the actual competitors. With 3 active pvp toons and 5 toons overall, PVP in the last 24 hours has been much improved.

Example: 1 match lasted almost 30 minutes. We pulled off a win but either way it would have been a great match. Final score was 1000 / 984. This was in a pug match. WHAT? yes, pug match.

GWFs can now be killed. Its almost unbelievable. I actually had a GWF today taunt my GF because he was that mad that his team lost (2 gwfs on that team) and he was seriously mad. (I have no idea what is GS was). So its nice to see that GWFs are mortal again.

Yes I did encounter 3 matches that were way off balance, but out of a total of probably 15 matches that's not bad at all.

Queue times are way down now. The wait is anywhere from immediate to 5 minutes. Not bad.

Overall - serious improvement.
Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
Post edited by xcessiveforce40 on

Comments

• utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Agree.

I have played about 15 matches, only 3 matches had leavers and 2 of them are with lopsided win/lose. Low gs players now could hang around much longer and have a chance to contribute to the match. Players in a match seem to have more balance in both gears and skills.

GWFs are still tough but killable now. DCs are still very viable unlike all doom and gloom threads on this forum, their healing are even more valuable than before.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Disagree.

Matchmaking are still horrible.

I can still go 24/0 on my gwf when facing pug. And I still run into full 5 man premade when i solo queue while my team are just 12k gs that don't even fight on point.

GWF is still strong. I have fought some high gear CW/HR, basically they stand no chance. GF are just like before given enough time they will die. DC is killable now just takes a while. TR though u better pray your hit crit and he doesn't crit his SE or you will lose since SE is hands down OP in this patch.

GF is still out classed by GWF, but playable now and can be fun if you are not solo queue.

DC is no longer immortal but doesn't matter since there are never that much good DC that know how to play and build anyway, average DC dies no matter in what patch cause they are average.

TR is ok, I guess people just have to accept they aren't supposed to be able to kill everyone while in stealth.

HR got ninja buff actually, their set stat are amazing while they remain to be the most mobile class in this game. Alone with the CW nerf right now HR is at a really good spot even the root has been fixed.

CW is no longer a big threat. Tenacity doesn't help because you only have 3 dodges, once you run out ready to get hit by everything. And control resist hurts CW too much. I haven't been hit by the classic choke+meatball combo even once in a 77 mins game when spend half of my time fighting the CW... I guess that say something about how painful those CW are feeling now. I do see some CW running Icy Ray on Tab and stack armor pen while using ray to debuff. It seems to do decent dmg if crit.

Overall, Tenacity is dumb. It helps nothing. Matchmaking sucks cause no one knows how ELO work. I would like to see a visible ELO number or ladder among players.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Told you the queue is starting to work.

The quality of fights are definately better, and in 3 days after the patch I've only seen a grand total of 4 people quit through some 40+ matches.

Also, as the ratings are slowly but progressively being dealt out, the queue is starting to go faster and faster.

Empirically, individual queues are the fastest, and almost definately, party queues are slower the more people are in it. It is pretty obvious being inside the party has some sort of a rating multiplier.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still settling in. I had some great matches on my TR and CW yesterday - all close and good fun, win or lose. Since queue times had dropped to somewhere reasonable I dusted off my HR yesterday evening to do the dailies. A few hours and 6 horribly one-sided matches later I gave up and logged off without even managing the Daily Victory.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Disagree.

I can still go 24/0 on my gwf when facing pug. And I still run into full 5 man premade when i solo queue while my team are just 12k gs that don't even fight on point.

GWF is still strong. I have fought some high gear CW/HR, basically they stand no chance. GF are just like before given enough time they will die. DC is killable now just takes a while. TR though u better pray your hit crit and he doesn't crit his SE or you will lose since SE is hands down OP in this patch.

GF is still out classed by GWF, but playable now and can be fun if you are not solo queue.

DC is no longer immortal but doesn't matter since there are never that much good DC that know how to play and build anyway, average DC dies no matter in what patch cause they are average.

TR is ok, I guess people just have to accept they aren't supposed to be able to kill everyone while in stealth.

HR got ninja buff actually, their set stat are amazing while they remain to be the most mobile class in this game. Alone with the CW nerf right now HR is at a really good spot even the root has been fixed.

CW is no longer a big threat. Tenacity doesn't help because you only have 3 dodges, once you run out ready to get hit by everything. And control resist hurts CW too much. I haven't been hit by the classic choke+meatball combo even once in a 77 mins game when spend half of my time fighting the CW... I guess that say something about how painful those CW are feeling now. I do see some CW running Icy Ray on Tab and stack armor pen while using ray to debuff. It seems to do decent dmg if crit.

Overall, Tenacity is dumb. It helps nothing. Matchmaking sucks cause no one knows how ELO work. I would like to see a visible ELO number or ladder among players.

I agree with pretty much all these points.

I would also like to add that I'm not happy with queue times at all, 15-30mins for que and then the games now always last forever. Taking 2 hours out of my day to do a single PvP is just too draining. I originally saw the thread title and thought it mean't matches were lasting 24h in duration...sounded about right to me.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Agree with OP. My experience is the same. Most games i got in the last 2 days were balanced. Not all. But still, before the changes i could get perhaps 1 balanced game every 50 games or so. Now i got a balanced experience 8 times out of 10. People can fight, survive more and do something.
    Queue times got much shorter. Nice. Very nice. Now it's 2 to 5 minutes for me. Acceptable.

Noticed 1 thing: lifedrinker is not affected by healing depression. Met 1 GWF using a perfect, and hell, got to avoid his sure strike or he would heal a lot. Nice to see some unused enchants getting better.

Still need fixes, balance and improvements, but i think overall it feels promising. Much better than before.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Disagree.

Basically agree with everything here. Leveling HR and GWF halfings now. CW is a nightmare and fully dependent on team. Kiting is almost dead because of CC nerf and DR. Repel would be the one and only way to create distance, 90% of the casts are just short stuns without push against geared players lol. Yes I went on full rampage on some solo queue matches including one at almost 40-0, yet against similarly or a bit better geared people I'm close to useless. Damage on tanks is bad even with 3-4 debuffs, yet they still do their tons of damage :\

No reason to go on, what's bad is bad, adapt, whatever, just empty words to excuse full failure.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, i started playing PvP after a year... and i suck obviously, but i will give my 5 cents after a bunch of games.

The PvP in this game is not great nor awful, feels... meh, entertaining and casual, that's all.

As a lifetime ubercompetitive person, who started playing competitive chess at 6 and has been compeeting fiercely in every single game i tried till now (and im close to 40) i can't understand why people gets so worried about this pvp, is nowhere close to an e-sport, its fun and entertaining, and obviously skill makes a lot more impact than gear (i could identify almost inmediatly which opponents where good and used to PvP and which ones where casual pve pugging like me and sucking badly) but then again, the entire enviroment feels unbalanced, ping is a huge advantage, from spain i barely hit .300 when im lucky and people from first world countries fight on .1 ish, also of the 6 first games i played... no one in my team took even the effort to say hi, much less to coordinate anything, only faced 1 premade and was so rolfstomp that i was laughing all the time, also there is a huge luck factor, my first ever game was 2 DC 2 HR and me as a PvE specced GF barely twaked to pvp (i will improve that) against 2 GWF CW TR HR and we lost, badly; so if this is nowhere an e-sport, why the fuss? im pretty sure that premade vs premade is a whole other league, but still something is off, the first game you play on a real "pvp game"... you feel it! you felt it when you played the first Quake game, you felt it when you played the first ever Starcraft game, you feel it when you play a game that is meant to be PvP... is something that tickles in the fingers, in your mind, instinctively you suddenly focus, you attention is all in the game, you are more aware of the sounds, all the rest doesnt matter... but that does not happen in this game, you can just play with music and relaxed and the result wont change much... this game just doesnt have it.

Other than that feeling (subjective, i know) i didnt find those "big issues" with Perma's or GWFs, maybe because even as a PvE specced im still well geared and i dont stand still like a sitting duck waiting to be shot, only found one GWF that seemed inmortal, but then again, didnt killme till i was facing at least another opponent, stealth rogues are annoying but they dont do much damage, and most of the game its decided by team work, not by single player perfomances, i took the effort to watch closely how CWs fare (persephone was complaining so much all the time i wanted to see what he/she was complaining for) and well, i understand some of his complains, CWs are powerful in his way... but i felt that the only skilled one i faced... was struggling, he did damage, he killed lots, but died every time he did the slightless misstake, and every time i closed gap with a cw was a certain death, it must be frustrating. Overall, 10 games... 5 wins, 5 losses, most of the games intense and close, but lacking passion, even in one where the result was 1000 to 998 the feeling was.. meh.

TL, DR. Is not worth it being so mad about changes in this PvP.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    I originally saw the thread title and thought it mean't matches were lasting 24h in duration...sounded about right to me.

Yeah that's what brought me to this thread too .... dissapointed
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    -ques are almost instant.

-matches are balanced (most of the time)

-cws are rocking, i have no idea what you guys are talking about. 40+ games, 100% win rate.

-after 10/20+ games or so kill/death ratio is much much more balanced. There is no godmode anymore.

so overall i would say good ****ing job cryptic. :)
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    -cws are rocking, i have no idea what you guys are talking about. 40+ games, 100% win rate.

Rocking what lol... lack of CC and spike damage, combined with no survivability?

Or you playing in one of those 2 GWF/GF/DC teams with r9-10s and emblems where you can just stay back and hit the guys that enjoy their prone series?
  • vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Rocking what lol... lack of CC and spike damage, combined with no survivability?

Or you playing in one of those 2 GWF/GF/DC teams with r9-10s and emblems where you can just stay back and hit the guys that enjoy their prone series?

To be honest i have been grouping up with alot of different group setups. Mostly pugging with 1 GWF friend. Last night we qued up with 2HRs and 3CWs, and damage was very good, people died fast. Laughs were had.

Lack of CC is noticable, but you dont need to CC as much as you needed to before since you can facetank at-wills and dodge the nasty stuff

What i've notived is that as long as 2 people focus on you, you are most likely to die. Which now applys to most classes and not only CWs like it was before the patch. So im pretty happy about this.

Also, rogues are pretty ****ed up. Shocking Execution crits for 30k, even when target is on like 60% hp. So that cant be intended.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    GWF and TR can still pug que and have a good games, to an extent GF can pug successfully too. CW, HR, DC have it rough if they pug and get a bad team comp. Que times for full premades is ridiculously high.

I would prefer a straight premade challenge system. Team leaders signs up as a premade and your team is put up on a publicly viewable list of available groups looking for PMvsPM fights. Player names and guild are hidden, team comp can be hidden or publicly viewable.

I would also push for an optional 30min match timer. This would be set by default in the normal que and disabled in the PMvsPM que.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »

My brother plays CW, he says that it's nearly unplayable right now, he lacks both damage and survivability (only latter was a problem before). HD hit them hard as their high hp+regen was the only way to survive.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can confirm queue times are good now.
    Most games are balanced.
    2 people focusing you kills you fast, qhich is good.

Balance to improve and stuff to change and improve for CWs and DCs may be. But overall, it's better than before for me. Much better.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    Can confirm queue times are good now.
    Most games are balanced.
    2 people focusing you kills you fast, qhich is good.

Balance to improve and stuff to change and improve for CWs and DCs may be. But overall, it's better than before for me. Much better.

Agreed.

1. Queue times are much faster for individual queues, but team queues take longer time.

2. Quality of fights have gone up, and can be easily noticed by the change in average match time.

3. Despite the whiney "world is gonna end" attitude, TRs are doing fine, even seen keltz0r having a good time with his old, old build.

4. GWFs are definately easier to bring down, still a tough challenge for anyone in 1v1 but no longer the "bullshi*!!" level of .. um.. bullshi*ness(?). If it just charges down multiple enemies alone like it used to, its going down fast.

5. DCs are also easeir to bring down, but despite all the whines (much like the TR folk), it still makes a difference -- especially with increased survivability and Tenacity's flat 20~25% damage reduction, additional shielding/healing does help a lot. However, they are not the "unkillable shield/heal tanks" like they used to be, and will go down quick if focused hard. Need help from team members in peeling off the enemies from it.

6. GFs ... honestly I don't feel much difference in fighting against them.

7. HRs are similar to before. They still haven't fixed Constricting Arrow/Graping Roots. It is till undodgeable.

8. CWs.. honestly, I don't know enough about them to comment. All I notice is that most CWs that uses the "old pattern" of combat are much easier to take down than before. However, I did meet a few who had really strong controls and almost felt as if pre-patch CWs in chain CC. Maybe they had a different build.

The patch worked.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • sasorassasoras Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well the feeling could change once people start getting the profound gear.
    edited March 2014
    sasoras wrote: »

makes little difference.
  • drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Unlikely. It's a few points more on each stat than the Grim gear. Unless you mean when people start to get fully kitted out in PvP belts, rings etc. It will be interesting to see what the soft cap on tenacity (if it has one) is.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »

I don't think Inna used the meatball combo therefore he doesn't get hit by the cc change that much.

As far as I see it CW is still really good as a range DPS. But HR atm seems to do better due to similar burst and cc but with more utility and survival capability. In high-end match it gets hard for CW since you always get focused first, but apart from that I still find CW to be able to go on rampage in some semi-serious game.

Don't think CW is rocking though, it is quite certain that they got NERF this patch. For god knows what reason, only one i can come up with is to cope with the DC NERF. But it is stupid either way...
    edited March 2014
    drscone wrote: »
    Unlikely. It's a few points more on each stat than the Grim gear. Unless you mean when people start to get fully kitted out in PvP belts, rings etc. It will be interesting to see what the soft cap on tenacity (if it has one) is.

There is almost like no soft cap. The DR kick in quick and early around at 550-650 and then goes in a really smooth rate.

So it is just depend on how much stats you are actually giving up for tenacity.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is almost like no soft cap. The DR kick in quick and early around at 550-650 and then goes in a really smooth rate.

So it is just depend on how much stats you are actually giving up for tenacity.

I literally noticed no difference going from 0 Tenacity..to 784 on my GWF.

People in roflterrible gear hit me the same as people with perfect enchants.

None of it makes any sense to me at all.
  • sasorassasoras Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    once people start hitting tenacity from the profound gear+accessories, peoples feelings might change, since matches last longer, and people will start to be harder to kill, and the disparity in pve/pvp gear will increase, so the over all impression for people will start to change.

the GG pvp exchange sets weren't very good to begin with so I'm not including them. The current reaction form this pvp change is before we are able fully utilize tenacity, and find a "sweet" spot.
  • sugrcainsugrcain Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The queue time certainly seems to be fixed & for the most part the matches I've participated in have been evenly matched since the patch. As a player only interested in PVP for astral diamonds however, I've adjusted my approach to a domination match because when even with all players active the matches go on far to long for my taste. Any match long than 10 minutes I find to be tedious and boring, so now at the 5 minute mark I make a judgement call. If it feels like the match can be won or I can place in the top 6 for double credit without playing for a half hour in one match I keep going, otherwise I sit it out at the campfire cause one player down pretty much shuts down the half hour matches. Also, poor performance from standing at the campfire should in theory keep my ranking down which helps keeps getting the daily victory quest easier.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sugrcain wrote: »
    The queue time certainly seems to be fixed & for the most part the matches I've participated in have been evenly matched since the patch. As a player only interested in PVP for astral diamonds however, I've adjusted my approach to a domination match because when even with all players active the matches go on far to long for my taste. Any match long than 10 minutes I find to be tedious and boring, so now at the 5 minute mark I make a judgement call. If it feels like the match can be won or I can place in the top 6 for double credit without playing for a half hour in one match I keep going, otherwise I sit it out at the campfire cause one player down pretty much shuts down the half hour matches. Also, poor performance from standing at the campfire should in theory keep my ranking down which helps keeps getting the daily victory quest easier.

Gross.........
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Just another reason that they should bring back 30 seconds kick in respawn zone...
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ... I do see some CW running Icy Ray on Tab and stack armor pen while using ray to debuff. It seems to do decent dmg if crit. ...
    Icy Ray doesnt benefit from armor pen :>
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    drscone wrote: »

I can tell you from personal experience that once you start to get above 700 it's pretty lame and worthless.
    edited March 2014

You pretty much summarize the issue in your first few sentences, and that after that it reveals everything wrong with this game via its lower player base. This patch was to make low-level casuals happy, not everyone who is more dedicated. You feel like it's awesome because the larger base is lower in skill and level. You're not getting squashed by premades anymore, but we're wasting 50+ minutes in queue, and then getting in a pillow fight to the death match for over two hours. It's a waste of time. Separate queue systems for premade, 1v1, etc. would have been ideal, not an across-the-board nerf to make idiots happy so they can feel better and swipe their Zen some more.
    edited March 2014
    once people start hitting tenacity from the profound gear+accessories, peoples feelings might change, since matches last longer, and people will start to be harder to kill, and the disparity in pve/pvp gear will increase, so the over all impression for people will start to change.

the GG pvp exchange sets weren't very good to begin with so I'm not including them. The current reaction form this pvp change is before we are able fully utilize tenacity, and find a "sweet" spot.

You're kidding about the GG gear, right? Tenacity starts to get basically worthless around 750 and you start to see a pretty noticeable diminish. Why would I want the awful profound GWF set for some bullshat stats when I can up my HP to 40K via a double Insti/Sent GG set? I've already been in plenty of matches with tenacity sets. It's clunky, too long, and boring. Worthless changes.