test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tymora's Gift is an Excellent Event!

killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I missed this even last time, so I'm sure happy to finally get the chance to try it. I know my sentiment wont resonate with everyone, but for me, I just slotted and started playing two new toons a few days ago. I love the way I don't have to stop/hold my progress to play in the event. I can just keep questing and leveling my players and all the while reaping the cool benefits from the Tymora's generosity.

I would like to say thanks for an event well done.

(please refrain from posting negative comments about todays events here, thanks)
Post edited by killerella on

Comments

• Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Agreed, last year's Tymora gift was an excellent event.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes, indeed .... the previous Tymora event was just great. I stocked up on eggs and made quite a bit from the event - a few million AD in total.

Since the OP specifically asked for no negative comments about the current event, I have nothing further to say.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    killerella wrote: »
    I missed this even last time, so I'm sure happy to finally get the chance to try it. I know my sentiment wont resonate with everyone, but for me, I just slotted and started playing two new toons a few days ago. I love the way I don't have to stop/hold my progress to play in the event. I can just keep questing and leveling my players and all the while reaping the cool benefits from the Tymora's generosity.

I would like to say thanks for an event well done.

(please refrain from posting negative comments about todays events here, thanks)

This year's Tymora event is a FARCE, The drop rate seems to be pretty low. But hey, they added USEFUL rank 1+2 enchantments. If that does not compensate it... This used to be THE best event, i almost waited a year for it to actually come back but i also did not expect such a drastic overnerf to a point where doing dailies is more profitable than opening 50 boxes.

Take this as honest unbiased feedback.

• Options
    proqludumproqludum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited March 2014
    This year's Tymora event is FARCE, compared to what we had last year. We actually had a chance of winning 250kAD from just one RANK 3 box, not 2k from a standard rank 1 box. The drop rate seems to be pretty low, too. But hey, they added USEFUL rank 1+2 enchantments. If that does not compensate the 8000-248000kAD loss... This used to be THE best event, i almost waited a year for it come actually come back but i also did not expect such a drastic overnerf to a point where doing dailies is more profitable than opening 50 boxes.

Take this as honest unbiased feedback.

You're thinking of the Waukeen event not the Tymora one.

Tymora boxes could give you 10k raw AD or a dragon egg. The drop rate of the eggs was nerfed very hard, at the last Tymora event you could expect to get at least 1 dragon egg every 10 boxes. I did open like 100 boxes by now and no egg still.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was lucky perhaps, the second box I opened gave me a lucky coin which is a 350 gs variable boon every ten minutes. Very happy with that, hopefully works in pvp, forgot to try it in the game I played this morning - too excited to have actually gotten through the queue.

Events are always a pleasant change. A gift horse, however poor its teeth, still shouldn't have them looked at.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    killerella wrote: »

Actually, negative feedback is fine according to the MODs so long as it is constructive.

Personally, I think of this as an nice opportunity to get on with some dailies and alt leveling that I had let slip, while gaining a little extra AD at the same time. That having been said, from what I am hearing from other people, the chance of getting AD / Dragon Eggs has been severely nerfed compared to last time.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You are right, the Dragon eggs is probably how i had 250k AD after one day already. I edited my post.

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The event is just okay now, it was easily if not the best then easily equal best with Waukeen but now it is meh, the last time they ran this event I stayed logged on farming for hours and hours longer than I usually would but not this time , it probably sets a prescience for future reruns of events like next Waukeen will be nerfed into the ground but whatever , hopefully they will keep feedback in mind and not wield the nerfbat so hard with the next event.

Hopefully they will not nerf the next rerun of an event so hard as to make it barely worth staying on any longer than usual , there's my constructive feedback.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    You have to admit that Waukeen's event was a bit OP. I mean 500k+ AD a day for just killing mobs? I loved it, but it was OP. You can't expect them to keep that up every event. It would ruin the economy if they did.

Yes I do have to admit that even though it pains me to do so lol , but they have to keep in at least one or two events that give the general population not only something to look forwards to but also a nice big boost in wealth ,it seems lately all we ever see is nerf after nerf in one way or another and it's kinda morale breaking lol
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Things I like:
    1) Dungeons can actually drop gifts. Finally! Yey.
    2) Only need to kill mobs
    3) BoE rewards.

Things I don't like:
    1) Fairly crappy rewards. Last year you got 10k rough AD as the ad prize, now you can get less. The new enchantments would be a nice new addition if the rewards form that wasn't <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Gold, pearl, perdiots (which is the only thing that could drop which could be somewhat worth it), pots and an uncommon ring or necklace. Really? Uncommon?
    2) Last years gifts are now the new gifts.
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I haven't gotten anything of worth out of 125 boxes.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    You have to admit that Waukeen's event was a bit OP. I mean 500k+ AD a day for just killing mobs? I loved it, but it was OP. You can't expect them to keep that up every event. It would ruin the economy if they did.

Hmm, I think I made 30k AD on the Waukeen event. I just don't have the perseverance to shut off my brain and farm mobs for 4+ hours a day anymore. :P

(41 boxes in this event so far. 11k AD and some blue/green crafting bits)
  • Options
    devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They replaced the old with this new, I feel like I've been hacked.
    The old ones had books and scepters, etc.
    meh
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Anyone know the rough odds on the coin, as that is the only thing that really appeals to me?
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I wasn't around for the last Tymora event, so I am perfectly happy with this one. Yay, additional free stuff that just falls into my lap as I go about my dailies. I've gotten useful crafting resources and a dragon egg and some AD, hopefully I find the crown or coins, but if not, then oh well.

(Do you guys throw a tantrum if a person comes to your birthday party and gives you a gift and it's less valuable than last years? Oh noes, why did you give me this, it's the worst, the one you gave me last year was so much better!)
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They are settling for a 0.5% drop chance for the grand prize. Celestial Mantle was around 0.5% and both Crown and the Lucky Coin seem to be in that range as well. A year ago you could get the Crown at about 5% but these are BoE so you can easily grab one off the AH for under 10k. Dragon Eggs were around 1.5% for two and are down to 1% for one. Not really a drastic nerf overall.

What they've really cut is rough ADs. The 10k dropped at around 15% during the first event and now you get them at approximately 5%, and much likely only 2k.

Nonetheless, I liked the Crown the first time around and will get one for each char. Coins as well.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Dragon Eggs were around 1.5% for two and are down to 1% for one. Not really a drastic nerf overall.

That doesn't sound accurate to me. It seemed more like a 10% drop rate to me. I wouldn't have thought 1.5% would be capable of reducing ah prices from 100-120k down to 25k forever reducing the value.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    That doesn't sound accurate to me. It seemed more like a 10% drop rate to me. I wouldn't have thought 1.5% would be capable of reducing ah prices from 100-120k down to 25k forever reducing the value.

It has been suggested that the initial Tymora boxes also got nerfed at some point.
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited March 2014
    First of all, let me say that I enjoy events that give a chance at getting RAD/AD, therefore I enjoy this event, especially all we need is to kill mobs and not required to do anything extra.

I have opened 170 boxes so far and I have received:
    - 1 crown (BOE)
    - 2 coins (are they reusable of disappear upon use?)
    - 22k RAD
    - endless pots, (useless) enchantments and resources...
    - 0 eggs

I spent days farming during the Waukeen event and got a few million RADs (my precioussss.....) but since they nerfed the RAD in this event, I will not lose sleep farming for RAD..I'll just take it easy and farm whenever I feel like...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Actually, negative feedback is fine according to the MODs so long as it is constructive.

Personally, I think of this as an nice opportunity to get on with some dailies and alt leveling that I had let slip, while gaining a little extra AD at the same time. That having been said, from what I am hearing from other people, the chance of getting AD / Dragon Eggs has been severely nerfed compared to last time.

Yes, you are right, it was just a request to give the mods a break. They have been getting pretty hit hard the last couple days and I bet they need a breather. This Thread has the potential to bring out a lot of negativity, so I was just hoping to curb that a little.

Thanks to everyone for posting so constructively :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Anyone know the rough odds on the coin, as that is the only thing that really appeals to me?

I got 2 within my 1st hour of playing, and haven't seen another one since. Kind of wish I would have kept that 2nd one now, lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    - 2 coins (are they reusable of disappear upon use?)

No you can use them as many times as you want ,buff is random stat boost that lasts 10 minutes but the cooldown is only 7 minutes (even though it says 600 seconds), you can slot them in your belt slot like you can with the waterballoon from midsummer , can't seem to see them on the AH though so can't post them to sell if you get spares.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I like this type of event because I can participate just by doing my normal daily missions - I don't have to chase down some random mob in PE just to turn things in. I like that a new type of utility enchantment was added, as we are lacking ones that are useful. I've also gotten a few of the special potions, which I don't recall seeing in the previous Tymora event.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    No you can use them as many times as you want ,buff is random stat boost that lasts 10 minutes but the cooldown is only 7 minutes (even though it says 600 seconds), you can slot them in your belt slot like you can with the waterballoon from midsummer , can't seem to see them on the AH though so can't post them to sell if you get spares.

Oh darn. I was hoping to buy one for my other toons if I don't get lucky again. Guess I better grab some more snacks and get back at it. :D
  • Options
    dashartzdashartz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am not exactlly sure how many ive opened. I played for a few hours and opened them as i picked them up. So far i have gotten roughly 20-30k RAD, a dragon egg, a fools crown, lots of pots, enchants, and professions resources. I really cant complain.

Wasnt around for waukeen or the first tymora, sadly missed them due to rl.

Have to say thumbs up. Great event.
  • Options
    tricksterknighttricksterknight Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2014
    I actually have to agree , i hate farming but I actually think this event is the first one i felt worth the effort. for me at least.
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I actually have to agree , i hate farming but I actually think this event is the first one i felt worth the effort. for me at least.

I guess you was not around the first event, no comparison. Here is a old Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtta40E7mDc
    50 boxes yielded 1 crown, 1 dragon egg, 80.000 rough astral diamonds, a few rare weapons and some trade skill stuff, today look at the 170 boxes post above. :p
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

Hmm.. my coin's cool down is 10 minutes, but the effect lasts 10 minutes too..so technically you can be buffed all the time. If this is the way Cryptic is going, meaning coming up with buff items like the coin, I wish they would add a slot especially for them so we don't have to sacrifice a skill or pot slot.

To me this lucky coin is the best item in this event. Forget about the epic crown..this coin has some real use. And if it can be used in PVP ( I don't PVP, so someone else might want try it out), I bet it will be a hot commodity. This coin alone might be worth farming for...

I can post the coin on AH but can't search for it in any category.