morentharmorenthar Member Posts: 2,500 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Not much more to say than that.
Main: Syndul The Slick - MI Saboteur
Post edited by morenthar on

Comments

• zdaddyozdaddyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited March 2014
    Funny that they never fixed that from the last time we had the event.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It must depend on more factors like hairstyle, head shape, maybe even character sex, because I haven't been able to duplicate this issue myself.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It must depend on more factors like hairstyle, head shape, maybe even character sex, because I haven't been able to duplicate this issue myself.

The main factor is, this developer team doesn't know how to handle the code properly (yet?).
    Before anybody starts bashing me, let me tell you a little story about champions online.

Champions online is a game, created by cryptic. It has the same engine as Neverwinter does.
    When champions was first released it had an awesome feature, every armor/weapon/cape/etc. did scale
    with character body - proportions. (A wonderful feature to have, isn't it?).

However, champions online went free to play and the entire developer team changed. The then added costume sets, did not scale anymore and had massive clipping issues until recently (i think some of them still have the issue, to date.)

Said developer team, was altered over and over again. People got shifted from CO to STO and from STO to NW etc. The problem is, the initial developer team is almost entirely GONE. The new team(s) may be trying their best but they cannot utilize the game's code, the way they'd like to.

If they would/could just implement the armor to body - scaling feature from Champions online into Neverwinter, it would get rid of so many clipping problems and it would benefit the game design overall.

The problem with this suggestion is, i think the developer team that was responsible for the clipping errors in Champions online, is the same team which is currently working on Neverwinter (or at least partially), since Champions online has had it's dev team changed not too long ago and we happen to be getting clipping error - armor/fashion/etc. sets on a regular basis in Neverwinter (i clearly see a pattern).

Dont get me wrong, i think that the devs are doing a great job so far. Especially if we consider the hurdles i just mentioned above, laying in their way.

Have a nice one.

• xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And its not free apperence change wants 51k as anything else.
  • kevinc55kevinc55 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hat of the pirate Horde also makes you bald