Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Emergency Maintenance begins at 9PM PST (Pacific) on March 6, 2014

2»

Comments

• Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you have a local Cable TV company, you buy Cable and then get splitters and give all your neighbors Cable TV for free... so how your Cable company appreciates that when they find out.

While I agree with the sentiment behind this... it just isn't the way stuff has worked out in the game so far. For example, a while back you could transmute certain redeemable items onto junk and sell it on the AH to let other people access it. It was fixed later when the same thing started happening to event crafted items. But as far as I know we never heard of anyone getting in trouble over it. When the mount thing went down, again people didn't get in trouble.

This is a little different as a pet with actual stats is involved. But imho PWE is not real consistent with what they decide is or is not a punishable exploit. There is no point complaining or even speculating until we see what they decide.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    angradangrad Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think you are forgetting that it is people that paid money for these items that are "exploiting" them.

Also for your twisted analogy: if the cable company gave me the splitters and wire to run to my neighbor's house, and physically watched me do it and made no attempt to stop me then ok. What would they expect me to do? lol
  • Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2014
    The person impacting your fun is you by letting this get you angry. Regardless of what I think, as has been said over and over Cryptic and PWE will decide.

I was wondering how long it would be before someone started comparing this to a real life crime. Stop for a moment and ask yourself why you are really angry about it. Is it because you have something you want to remain exclusive, or because it was cheating (in your eyes)? Is it really the principle as you say? I think it is because there are a lot of people who just don't want others to have their special item.

True story: Cryptic's first game was City of Heroes. They after a time introduced vet rewards, which I had ALL of, and every promotion they EVER put out for the game. I played till they closed the servers, but that is not the point. Eventually they started releasing some of those rewards in other ways and a portion of the player base was really mad about it. What it boiled down to was that they didn't want others to have their cool thing. It was sad then, and it is sad now...if that is the reason. I bet there are people still at Cryptic, and even working on this game that remember this.

Put the dang thing in the store, I will pay 1k zen for it. Then I can be mad like every one else and say I paid for mine, but I will not. ;) Because again, I just don't care what other players have.

Why do I care? I like this game a lot. It is the first MMO I have cared about this much since my beloved CoH closed. I hate to see mess like this tearing at the community, but I hate elitism more. A lot of posters seem like they would be out with torches and pitchforks if they could be. That is not healthy for the game, and not healthy for the community. Bans are also bad for the game, because word gets out and all of a sudden new players are afraid, or they just never start. All in all it just sucks as a situation. If it doesn't hurt in any way, I suggest just letting it go. If you are really that angry, file a ticket and see if they will give you something different for the promo.
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If they wanna ban their paying customers for giving away the stones to people. Then i guess they will be banning a great deal of us.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Maintenance has begun.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't worry guys we'll all get a Health stone and a title out of this. Caturday survivor 2.0?
  • Options
    nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zyphxx wrote: »
    True story: Cryptic's first game was City of Heroes. They after a time introduced vet rewards, which I had ALL of, and every promotion they EVER put out for the game. I played till they closed the servers, but that is not the point. Eventually they started releasing some of those rewards in other ways and a portion of the player base was really mad about it. What it boiled down to was that they didn't want others to have their cool thing. It was sad then, and it is sad now...if that is the reason. I bet there are people still at Cryptic, and even working on this game that remember this.

Same thing happened in Star Trek Online when Cryptic changed the nature of vet rewards so that anyone who bought a lifetime sub got *all* of the vet rewards at once, versus those of us (STO lifer here) who waited the full 1000 days. Lotta lifers complained about it, not bearing in mind that the original lifetime sub was $240 (versus $300 in the later promotions) and up til the game went F2P, which was a few months after the break-even point for early lifetime subs, they didn't have to pay a $15-month subscription fee to keep playing.

*shrugs*

If they ban people that took advantage of this, it won't bother me any. Got my stone from the promotion, leveled it up to its default max and compared to the stone of allure? The stone of radiance is meh. Would be hilarious if a bunch of exploiters got banned over something as stupid as this, but if not, oh well, doesn't affect me either way so it's not worth getting angry over.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Make the stones bind on pickup, making them worthless for further trade.

I don't think banning anyone is needed as there wasn't really much of a benefit gained or any huge change in the overall economy.

Sure some people got richer by a tiny bit but who cares?
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hi guys,
    1 thing i dont understand is the players who r complaining about the exploit are actually the players who payed for it and also they r blaming the players who bought it or got it for free, anyway my point is the players who were exploiting was the players who payed for 1000zen and u keep on blaming other guys who either payed gold or other stuff to get them , u had the chance to instantly report those players then and there but u didnt do so, u had the chance to report spam those players and 20 psams compaint ban the players , u didnt do so , now u come here crying that the players who got them for free shld not have done so , dont be a child the main reason as stated above is u just dont want what u paid for to get to other players , u didnt want to take action when u cld have and now u keep crying .
    and mark my words 80% of the players who actually paid exploited it , its not the fault of other players , its the mentality of players , if i give something u to free some equipments u will take it , u dont care how i got and when i got it , if its free and profitablle to u , u r happy . now u dont like the case where u guys exploited the situation and other players got them for free while u payed for it .

in my opinion for pwe to not harm both sides , i suggest they introduce a new companion which will available to players who paid for zen , and make the stone of radiance bind on pickup for the players who collected it , and also make the stone be given free to all players currently playing on server .
    its a win win to all , and u guys stop being crybabys.
  • Options
    truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Let us look at this from another perspective shall we?
    I got the email notifying of this event. It said transfer 1k zen into neverwinter to get the reward. Note it does not say buy 1k more zen. As I have already used up my allotment of game cash for the quarter, I did not bother reading it further. I rarely have zone chat on as the kids on the game tend to annoy me. I happen to have it on today and noticed a guy selling them for ten gold each. At that time, I figured he transferred some extra zen into the game and was selling some extras. I had no idea of the bug regarding these stones, nor did I realize they were supposed to be BOP. As I do not follow the game on twitter, and FB will be the cause of the collapse of the world as we know it, so I had not heard anything was going on. I jumped on the chance to grab a couple of stones. I happily paid the 20G and went on my way.

Later, I discover whats going on, and hit the forums. This is what I see.
    Hey all,

We are well aware of some items in-game which should be BoE when they're BoP and vice versa. Also, we are working to improve PvP queue times as well as resolve some item issues in-game.

There isn't any need to create any new threads regarding these issues for now. I'll be updating you on this main thread in the meantime with any current and future plans.

Thanks,
    Pin

Known issue updates:
    • Dungeon queues are not working - We are aware of this and are working to resolve it. - Should be resolved

I do not see anything saying not to buy them, not to sell them, etc, etc.
    Now some of you are saying I should have my stones deleted. OK, fine, I can live with that, but not one of you has said that I or those like me, should get our Gold, or whatever was used to pay for them back. The coders made a mistake. It happens. Now the question is how will the mistake be handled. The company has to make that decision, and no matter what they decide their will be people who are upset.

Here are the options I see that they can do.
    1) Delete the stones from accounts that did not meet the requirements and call it a day. Irritating those who paid gold for them.
    2) Number 1 with refunds to those who paid for them. Coders are ticked at all the work that will require.
    3) Do nothing to those who sold or gave them away or sold them. Irritating those who thought they would be very limited.
    4) Ban, (temp or perm), those who sold gave them away. Irritating a bunch of paying customers, who may or may not have known they shouldnt have been selling them.
    5) Do nothing to anyone, and chalk it up to experience and have another promotion (properly debugged) in a few weeks. Again irritating those who think the people who sold them should go to jail, or at least be banned.
    6) Some combination of the above or something I have not thought of. Irritating the people who would complain about winning the mega lotto.

Now I understand that admin do not wish to discuss TOS violations, and punishments. But my question is this...If the player who sold them to me broke the rules according to admin, do I need to file a report somehow? Should I expect my stone to be removed from my inventories? Should I expect the gold to be refunded to me? If admin do not wish to even tell us if this was against the rules, how should those of us who did not know it was against the rules proceed?

And my final thought on this to everyone saying it should go one way or another, go read the TOS again, like all games out there it boils down to this simple statement. "The rules are what we say they are when we say they are, and can change without notice from one moment to the next and change again in the next moment to suit our purposes." Short of actually defrauding a customer, that is how it should be, and if you do not like those rules, go out and design, build, and run your own game the way you want.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    truckula wrote: »
    if you do not like those rules, go out and design, build, and run your own game the way you want.
    :P
    truckula wrote: »
    The company has to make that decision, and no matter what they decide their will be people who are upset.

Here are the options I see that they can do.
    1) Delete the stones from accounts that did not meet the requirements and call it a day. Irritating those who paid gold for them.
    2) Number 1 with refunds to those who paid for them. Coders are ticked at all the work that will require.
    3) Do nothing to those who sold or gave them away or sold them. Irritating those who thought they would be very limited.
    4) Ban, (temp or perm), those who sold gave them away. Irritating a bunch of paying customers, who may or may not have known they shouldnt have been selling them.
    5) Do nothing to anyone, and chalk it up to experience and have another promotion (properly debugged) in a few weeks. Again irritating those who think the people who sold them should go to jail, or at least be banned.
    6) Some combination of the above or something I have not thought of. Irritating the people who would complain about winning the mega lotto.
    didnt i say above just give new companion to guy who paid for zen and give free stone of radiance to every1 , both parties happy
  • Options
    pkdeadly1pkdeadly1 Member Posts: 45
    edited March 2014
    in red copy pasts from the email
    Transfer at least 1000 Zen into Neverwinter to receive a free Ioun Stone of Radiance!
    so it was free

Your Ioun Stone of Radiance will be delivered directly to your account within 48
    hours after this offer expires. It may be claimed on all characters on your account
    from the Reward Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave.

dose not say its bound or not

If You Buy cup Coffee and Get free Refills and it don't say you can not give away Free Refill then your doing nothing wrong if you give it away

so no one did any thing wrong its on devs not on the players no one broke any rules or did any bug or exploit

BTW thank You devs for giving every one free pet to make up for screw up queues and not being able to join queue bugs.

also big thank you for aiming to keep game free to play by giving the item away for free and not just P2w
  • Options
    truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    :P

didnt i say above just give new companion to guy who paid for zen and give free stone of radiance to every1 , both parties happy

You did, and your post went up while I was typing lol. So it fits neatly into option six.!
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • Options
    sidentisidenti Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited March 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    Hi guys!

One thing I don't understand: The players who are complaining about the exploit are actually the players who paid for it [the stone] while also blaming the players who bought it or got it for free.

Anyway, my point is the players who were exploiting were the players who paid for 1000 Zen and you keep blaming other guys who either paid gold or other stuff to get them. You had the chance to instantly report those players then and there but you didn't do so. You had the chance to use the "report spam" feature on those players and "20 psams compaint" (NOTE: I'm sorry, I have no idea what he means here. -Ed.) ban the players. You didn't do so. Now you come here crying that the players who got them for free should not have. Don't be a child; the main reason as stated above is you just don't want what you paid for to get to other players! You didn't want to take action when you could have and now you keep crying.

Mark my words - 80% of the players who actually paid exploited it. It's not the fault of other players; it's the mentality of players. If I give you some free equipment, you will take it. You don't care how or when I got - if it's free and profitable to you, you are happy. now you don't like the fact that you guys exploited the situation and other players got them for free while you paid for it.

For PWE to not harm both sides in my opinion, I suggest they introduce a new companion which would be available to players who paid for Zen and make the stone of radiance bind on pickup for the players who collected it. Also, make the stone be given free to all players currently playing on server.

It's a win-win to all , and you guys can stop being crybabies.

I don't agree with the sentiment at all. Someone just had to edit it.

I know. I know. I'm in the wrong. I'm going to bed now. :p
  • Options
    howitzer001howitzer001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pkdeadly1 wrote: »
    Transfer at least 1000 Zen into Neverwinter to receive a free Ioun Stone of Radiance!
    so it was free

Your Ioun Stone of Radiance will be delivered directly to your account within 48
    hours after this offer expires. It may be claimed on all characters on your account

If You Buy cup Coffee and Get free Refills and it don't say you can not give away Free Refill then your doing nothing wrong if you give it away

so no one did any thing wrong its on devs not on the players no one broke any rules or did any bug or exploit

BTW thank You devs for giving every one free pet to make up for screw up queues and not being able to join queue bugs.

also big thank you for aiming to keep game free to play by giving the item away for free and not just P2w

You sir, win the Internet. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.fusion-guild.org
    Sir Howitzer - GF | Howitzer - HR
  • Options
    moonofdarksidemoonofdarkside Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sidenti,

We have been telling you fixes have been in the works for eight hours.
    We really can't do anything other than tell you that the issues are being addressed as quickly as possible.

There has been information given out all day long on Twitter and Facebook. Maybe not what you are looking for but it has been readily available. Issues are being fixed. The only change is that you now have a time and that time was given as soon as it was decided in house.

Anyone caught by suprise never bothered to look, or ask. But hey, no that we can't complain about 'leavers', I guess we need something to whine over.
  • Options
    dextromandextroman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This company and devs are really such a joke... you are only screwed if you not exploit stuff in this game.
    Good to know.
  • Options
    moonofdarksidemoonofdarkside Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pkdeadly1 wrote: »
    so it was free

Agreed! Thanks Devs, we accept your appology for patch stress! <3
  • Options
    sidentisidenti Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited March 2014
    Anyone caught by suprise never bothered to look, or ask. But hey, no that we can't complain about 'leavers', I guess we need something to whine over.

Or be passive-aggressive about. Right? ;)
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is against PWE Privacy Policy to discuss actions taken in connection with illegitimate activities with anyone but the affected party.

Understand that procedure completely, but what about people like me, who charged Zen, in order to have this promotion... Are we part of this ''affected party'' for you or not? Cuz i sure feel like affected by this issue...
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    angradangrad Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I really fail to see the issue here.

The stones were free with the transfer of Zen, so you got them for free yourself. Maybe you were lucky to begin with to just get the email.

The stones hold no value because they were meant to be BoP, so this didn't devalue anything.

You should be happy cause more pubs will be running stones :D

The only people that I could imagine actually being legitimately upset are people that paid gold for them, because people were also giving them away for free. They didn't look very hard though, because people were spamming free ads all over trade and zone chat.

IDK I paid for the stone and have absolutely no issue with the bug or the outcome.
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dextroman wrote: »
    This company and devs are really such a joke... you are only screwed if you not exploit stuff in this game.
    Good to know.

Oh be quiet, stop your whiny crying on the forums about <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this.

This wasnt some MASSIVE GAIN on anyones part. Sure a few of them sold them, but most of them were GIVEN away to people.

I didnt sell any of these, didnt make one dime on them. I gave a few to people that asked and i knew missed the promo email.

Stop acting like this actually impacted your gameplay.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    js3b wrote: »
    Understand that procedure completely, but what about people like me, who charged Zen, in order to have this promotion... Are we part of this ''affected party'' for you or not? Cuz i sure feel like affected by this issue...

don't worry you still have your free Ioun Stone of Radiance! so you lose nothing and on bright side they might give u what you paid for it back 0.00 sure they will charge your account for that much if you ask them.

also note I copy pasted my own email be happy for others you lost nothing I am happy for every one
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Maintenance is progressing well. We'll have you in game shortly.
  • Options
    toxicwolfietoxicwolfie Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Welcome to PWE games.Though the devs made a mistake (and we all do from time to time).It is up to PWE what will or will not happen to players.And my 3 years on their other game Forsaken World have showed there is no way to guess what they will or will not do.As they are kings of far and few answers.So no real reason to fight over what should be done,because odds are they won't do anything that any of us think they will.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Maintenance is progressing well. We'll have you in game shortly.

thanks for update
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well, we finished right after I posted that. Log in now!
This discussion has been closed.