test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tenacity and the PvP AND PvE enthusiasts

morentharmorenthar Member Posts: 2,500 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
The switching of enchantments leaves us only one way to enjoy both without driving ourselves totally insane.

We have to have a PvP version of our character and a PvE version. Keep your Alpha geared to the teeth with full boons and artifacts for PvP. Have your Beta start over for PvE. That leaves only your weapon and armor enchantments to have to switch out. That and plan on PvPing for a few days, then switch all your enchants and PvE for a few days. If you switch every day you will be gold poor fast.

Is this the intention? I love that there are new armor options, but COME ON. Do the developers really think it's just one or the other for the entire player base? It would be easy to just apply tenacity to everyone when they enter PvP. All we have now is more tedium. I just don't get it.
Main: Syndul The Slick - MI Saboteur
Post edited by morenthar on

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Everyone does get a standard 10% Tenacity bonus in PVP. If you're more PVP-orientated, you can buy the new Tenacity gear. If not... *shrug*
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    itsateddybearitsateddybear Banned Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    The switching of enchantments leaves us only one way to enjoy both without driving ourselves totally insane.

We have to have a PvP version of our character and a PvE version. Keep your Alpha geared to the teeth with full boons and artifacts for PvP. Have your Beta start over for PvE. That leaves only your weapon and armor enchantments to have to switch out. That and plan on PvPing for a few days, then switch all your enchants and PvE for a few days. If you switch every day you will be gold poor fast.

Is this the intention? I love that there are new armor options, but COME ON. Do the developers really think it's just one or the other for the entire player base? It would be easy to just apply tenacity to everyone when they enter PvP. All we have now is more tedium. I just don't get it.

why ever have two sets of gear?
    Its a sad state of affairs, but the devs got something almost right with the new pvp sets.. and eh.. to be blunt... the stats are same on those as on the gear you get from dungeons, except tenacity added on (with some variances).. but tenacity is the add on.

Using these gears for dungeons is just as viable as pvp.. take away tenacity and you still have great gear for a specific build

(bearing in mind.. not all builds.. should give at least 2 more gear choices per each class for that with different stats than the norm.. and dear god please give better epic accessories than that :P)

you should never be switching gears or have to, and you dont have to.
    There is also no such thing as pve builds and pvp builds, because if one kicks butt in one alone well (save boss fights and still handles himself laone without help) then it will kick butt in the other.

Chances are if you are getting your butt kicked bad in one, it will just be the same in teh other. you do not need another set for that, you need a different build / playstyle
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    why ever have two sets of gear?
    Its a sad state of affairs, but the devs got something almost right with the new pvp sets.. and eh.. to be blunt... the stats are same on those as on the gear you get from dungeons, except tenacity added on (with some variances).. but tenacity is the add on.
    This is just plain wrong.

Tenacity is not a simple "add on." If a piece of gear gets tenacity then it loses values in the other stats.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    here's my experience with this:

i took my control wizard gauntlegrym set and exchanged it for the new pvp grim set, traded my grym coin in for some glory and purchased a set of pvp neck/rings/waist and loaded my character with stuff i had in my bank... essentially rank 5-6 enchants. i used the starter armor/weapon enhancements you get with the HotN pack, dismissed my companion and then i went to do my dailies.

granted, i have full boons from both campaigns as well as three artifacts. but if i'm a decked out pvp'er, i'd have the same thing. presumably.

i didn't seem to have any trouble with my daily quests. i probably wasn't doing the same damage or getting the same boost from regen or life steal, but i didn't find it too painful. i didn't die once. i might have been down to half health once or twice.

then i went and queued for pvp. granted, the queue was slow but as cmpinpointerror pointed out in another thread, the devs are looking into this. since this was a first match and may have also been for the rest of the people in the match, it was pretty quick. it seemed that we had more experienced players on our team. it is also possible that people may be playing pvp without tenacity gear.

that's not to say that other people are having different experiences. i just wanted to share mine.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    here's my experience with this:
    I'm still at work so I don't any experience with the latest update yet, but it seems to me that using PVP gear for PVE will reduce your efficiency only slightly. On the other hand using PVE gear for PVP will cause you to suffer a considerable disadvantage when facing anyone using PVP gear.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xelliz wrote: »
    I'm still at work so I don't any experience with the latest update yet, but it seems to me that using PVP gear for PVE will reduce your efficiency only slightly. On the other hand using PVE gear for PVP will cause you to suffer a considerable disadvantage when facing anyone using PVP gear.

That's what I suspect regarding solo content (because it's easy!), and even group content for some classes, particularly if you've built around a GG set bonus. But, I don't think anyone who's ever run around with my GF would want him to give up his Knight Captain any time soon, and so forth.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Pretty significant difference between reduced cooldown on Tab spell +5% damage and full HV set on my CW in an epic dungeon as well.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah. On the other hand, none of my TRs are likely going to be too upset about eventual PvEing in Profound gear because the GG set always was excellent for TRs.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes we need a pvp character sheet with our current sheet enchantments fused in our character instead of gear. Switching enchantments is gonna drive me insane. And the gold cost is unbearable on the long run.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is this too much to ask? I'd love for a developer to have the stones to answer that here.

have you ever considered that developers (or anyone for that matter) would be more likely to respond to respectful and constructive criticism rather than antagonistic, sarcastic, disrespectful, rude commentary? if i were a developer, they couldn't pay me enough to subject me to that kind of environment.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is this too much to ask? I'd love for a developer to have the stones to answer that here.

Which is ironic as stones are the one thing that doesn't seem to be in short supply...
  • Options
    rittzbitzrittzbitz Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I would love to have a dual spec option, then I can delete all my redundant characters.
  • Options
    desmundesmun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited March 2014
    All I know is that the way pvp currently is, I will no longer queue for it.
  • Options
    demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Cool, the PvP updates finally got a spot in the News Updates on the day of it's implementation, what a joke.

Farewell PvP, it's been fun.

Coming soon: The most epic "premade" battle between 10 Sent IV GWFs, if they even manage to get into a match with this crappy queue system.