test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XP, Events and getting quests.

megnatarmegnatar Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Oke I understand that in this game you are NOT done when you get to lvl60. Thats probably the reason why you gain level quickly( to quickly if you ask me).

So there was this event and i gained like 7-8 levels and also did some foundry's during the event and I put my regular quests on hold during that period. B4 the event started I was in Helmshold following my quests.

Now here is what I am really frustrated about. After I want to continue my quests in Helmshold I found that I only could finish the one i all ready started but I was unable to find anymore new quests. I know from my other char I have tons more to do and also I cant get the instance quest anymore..... No killing the dragon. What tha F**** is this.

So why is this. Are you locked out of some quests after gaining to much level? And if that's so, than i really think this is plane dumb and should be corrected. Ore is there something I dont get in this silly game??????
Imagination is the mark of a intelligent being.
Post edited by megnatar on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You are not locked out of quests but they are no longer visible to you if you are too high level. So you will have to check the wiki to find out who you need to speak to to continue.

You can also get new level-appropriate region introduction quests from either St. Knox and by going to the main launchpad window ('L' maybe) there is an option to find other level appropriate quests.
  • megnatarmegnatar Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    You are not locked out of quests but they are no longer visible to you if you are too high level. So you will have to check the wiki to find out who you need to speak to to continue.

You can also get new level-appropriate region introduction quests from either St. Knox and by going to the main launchpad window ('L' maybe) there is an option to find other level appropriate quests.

Thank you 4 the quick replay. I indeed never actually checked the npc's. Though I do think it's silly that quests are not shown anymore after a X amount (probably 5) of levels.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    megnatar wrote: »
    Thank you 4 the quick replay. I indeed never actually checked the npc's. Though I do think it's silly that quests are not shown anymore after a X amount (probably 5) of levels.

Glad to help and good luck!
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The OP is *CORRECT*. The so-called "quests are still available" is not always true. This happened to my Wizard where I lost ALL quests from Nverdeath through Ice Spire Peak and only picked them up again in Chasm (or whatever it is). The idea that quests are still available but unmarked is only true: if you are within level range (maybe 5 or 6 levels) and only in certain zones. Being able to find unmarked quests is total hit-or-miss and in some cases only a couple of the instanced quests are available.

What the OP describes is a simple *FACT* that you can actually out level entire zones with no ability whatsoever to claim any zone-quests - not even the instanced quests.

I can understand out-levelling Dungeons and Skirmishes, but c'mon already. Perhaps what I experienced is an account issue, I don't know. But I've been playing Neverwinter since last February and Star Trek before this for four years, so I most certainly know every trick in the book with regard to how Cryptic games work.

What Neverwinter needs is the same "replay" feature as found in Star Trek Online - where you can replay any, and every single quest (called "mission" over there) from the first one after tutorial all the way up to the top. That feature was added to STO about a year after it launched. Hopefully Neverwinter will do the same.

-shrugs-
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Angrysprite, I must disagree with you. I took my 60th character back to Pirate's Skyhold to do complete a couple of quests I did not do the first time through. I went to the NPC that had the quests, and was able to complete them without any issues. It is a bit more difficult since you have to locate the correct NPC as they are no longer marked once you have out levelled the quest, but beyond that it all proceeds as normal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I also disagree that you can outlevel quests, but it's *really* easy to miss that one guy that you need to talk to at the exact right time to continue a mandatory chain when he didn't have anything for you the last five times you spoke to him and you have turned in something else this time that would be the trigger for his quest to unlock but you forgot to check in because you have no helpful markers.

In Neverdeath, the one that seems to tend to throw people is missing something from Doomguide Orren.

In Icespire, it's the blacksmith, who is off to the side by herself.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited March 2014
    Indeed this game is XP wise, not balanced at all. Well I start to doubt that, because it seems like the update broken some more here and there..

I once played Dragonica.. and somehow NW reminds me of that game. Unbalanced and hacking, cracking and gold spamming users all because of this crappy security and admins that are unable to fix there problems. Does Dragonica still exist?

First thing I would do if I was admin, is to remove the proxy login feature from the client. That's THE most silly option for a mmo game, if you ask me.
    edited March 2014
    And here I did something not so smart.. (double post) sry :S
    edited March 2014
    And here I did something not so smart.. (double post) sry :S