test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upcoming alternate advancement post lvl 60

rfaulrfaul Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Any details on it yet? It would be amazing to get some extra power points and feat points.
Post edited by rfaul on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No details yet. Just keep an eye out for future dev blogs or for mod 3 to go on the preview server.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It kind of reminds me of how in Guild Wars 1 you could continue to earn skill points, even after hitting the level cap. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if it worked somewhat like the campaign boons - except perhaps smaller bonuses earned more frequently, (like +25 to a stat here or there).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Actually anything is appreciated, even the smallest things. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    fusshupefusshupe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Perhaps it will work like in Star Trek Online, where you collect new point (Expertise I think) after max level and spend them on a campaign-like reputation system.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    really they should just massively increase the xp rewards for defeating monsters in dungeons. Give people an incentive to actually run them leveling up (currently pointless, in the time it takes to find a group and run a dungeon you could have gained 5 levels solo quest grinding) and give us a way to earn xp at 60 other than daily grinds.

plus it would be hilarious to see people leveling cantankerous mage pet's in epic dungeons, with all the random repels :)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    really they should just massively increase the xp rewards for defeating monsters in dungeons. Give people an incentive to actually run them leveling up (currently pointless, in the time it takes to find a group and run a dungeon you could have gained 5 levels solo quest grinding) and give us a way to earn xp at 60 other than daily grinds.

plus it would be hilarious to see people leveling cantankerous mage pet's in epic dungeons, with all the random repels :)

If you run a dungeon during the delve vent, you get a quest for said dungeon. It'd be nice if you *always* got a quest whenever you ran a dungeon - it could offer good XP, (based upon the average time it takes), and that may increase their attractiveness as well.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Well this isn't something I'm looking for either. I faced this issue earlier today during DD, and started to complain in party chat, before realizing it was MY mage messing everything up, and felt bad for a couple of minutes. One mage, but so much drama! :cool:

Jokes apart, XP for playing dungeon is a neat idea. We had no special event adding rewards for playing dungeons, although the devs make sure two days a month we have to kill random stuff in levelling zones to ruin lowbie's levelling experience, which makes me think they believe endgame is rewarding enough for now. This is going to take several months to get that added, and it also means that if they're increasing the level cap it will either be a huge grind ot that we'll have to farm a new levelling currency which won't be experience - because you can't have fun, get money and level up at the same time in a F2P i guess. :p
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    actualy there`s no real logic in having limited points to spend on powers.
    can`t equip them all anyway.
    and even seems more fair for people who choose their single target powers to play, but when the aoe events come up it`s a disadvantage.
  • Options
    desmundesmun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited March 2014
    tcarnce wrote: »
    and even seems more fair for people who choose their single target powers to play, but when the aoe events come up it`s a disadvantage.

I agree with this much!
  • Options
    krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It would be SO much win, if we could gain the ability to customize our powers...like, we can choose to enhance a power for bigger area, more damage, or extra lifesteal, but only one of those.

Whatever, just an idea, I can only hope that the advancemente enables some customization!
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    < moderated >

So you find Sharandar boring. I find it immensely profitable. We're not all focused on the same goals, and I for one would welcome the chance to put all those wasted XP to good use.
  • Options
    galkabeargalkabear Member, Banned Users Posts: 29
    edited March 2014
    tcarnce wrote: »

you can swap out powers as long as you arent in combat, with only a 10 second cooldown. 0 second cooldown at campfires. some people that play according to as needed, may swap out their powers depending on mob grinds / boss fights etc et al, to best benefit themselves and the party. i suggest doing that
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    galkabear wrote: »
    0 second cooldown at campfires
    And the same at portable altars, which is useful for swapping out powers before a fight. It's also great for soloing clerics to swap in and Healing Word.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    myles08807 wrote: »
    So you find Sharandar boring. I find it immensely profitable. We're not all focused on the same goals, and I for one would welcome the chance to put all those wasted XP to good use.

how is Sharandar profitable???
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fey Blessings. Entirely dependent on the individual's tolerance for grinding the same thing week in and week out.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    rfaulrfaul Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It would be SO much win, if we could gain the ability to customize our powers...like, we can choose to enhance a power for bigger area, more damage, or extra lifesteal, but only one of those.

Whatever, just an idea, I can only hope that the advancemente enables some customization!

Like a second TAB=power for CWs and a TAB-power for other classes now yeah that would amazing too.
  • Options
    mablus25mablus25 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Think they'll make like 60+1 and such when you level like Diablo 3?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I would love to see new guild features also choose your PvP like setup a 1v1 or 10v10 and choose anyone you like who is on your level or 2 level higher also make guild VS Guild PvP battles to make it really interisting.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    If we could have all Powers, the number of people buying Zen for respec would decrease significantly.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    One thing is to increase the cap of money drop slighty a bit. Another suggestion is Major events like Invasions, Boss raids and safeguarding. 3rd is A Guild level system, guild perks when you and your guild gets' guild exp to the guild and levels it the guild unlocks guild perks for buffs, companions, mounts, guild tier gear, teleport back to the safe zone also mass rez also other buffs for stats which should be level 60 as the maxium level for a guild.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    could it be legendary feats?as part of new xp progression
  • Options
    nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    - Special PvP Queue for players of higher ranks
    - Charts showing the top 100 in ranks
    - special bound armor covers / clothing
    - maybe even boons

taken from:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?548961-Suggestion-Experience-after-Lvl-60

(ye its my idea - PW just stole it :D )
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Here's a thought... putting a cap on player attributes and powers does make a little sense to me, not a lot - but still a little.

Instead of awarding attribute, power and feat experience points, only as attribute, power. and feat 'points' how about awarding experience tokens that can be spent toward attribute, power or feats upgrades to the cap...

And after the cap, they can still be earned and maybe auctioned at the auction house, used for purchases at the market or in the auction house - or maybe converted to gold or AD's so they can be use to make purchases?

Just a thought.
    DD~
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Paragon Leveling would be good beyon level 60 you'll be able to do Paragon levels which something like Diablo 3 have.