test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

standalone client?

str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm trying to install this client on another computer and I'm wondering if I can even run Neverwinter without ARC slowing down this already slow system?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by str8slayer on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    I'm trying to install this client on another computer and I'm wondering if I can even run Neverwinter without ARC slowing down this already slow system?

Just copy the directory from the computer it's already installed on, over to the other computer you want to play on. Make sure to include the files in the base 'Cryptic' folder, as well as any subfolders.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You can run it without arc running can't you? I know you need to download the client through arc but I thought that until they make it mandatory that once you have it downloaded you can still log on without using arc or am I horribly out of touch now?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • iteideiteide Member, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    just copy C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter.exe to a USB drive copy it to your 2nd PC in a New folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\

Once copied lunch it and Let the magic happen
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I had to hunt down the standalone client installer to play the game. I play on Windows 2000 using post-EOL patches that I made myself. When you try to install on Win2k it gives you the lame, "you need XP to install this" garbage. Nevermind that I've extended the 2k kernel six ways to Sunday and I *can* actually run it as I've added all of the API calls that Neverwinter expects (and then some).

Please don't try to protect us from ourselves. Some of us actually know what we're doing.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • serowforsakenserowforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What I did recently is:

1. Install NW using ARC (because we don't have a choice anymore)
    2. Uninstall ARC
    3. Run NW through its own Updater program

So far working fine without any issues.
    60 Hunter Ranger
    The rest still up-and-coming!
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Arc is slowing things down for you?
    It had the opposite effect for me. Sped up the process rather significantly. Have you given it a go with Arc yet yourself? Or just going on rumors?
    Not trying to be a fanboy or anything here, just an honest assessment of reletive speeds (I tend to wipe my games and re-install at least twice a year, keeps all those small updates from causing small problems to snowball, so I've done both with and without fairly recently).

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    . . . All you need to copy is the Neverwinter.exe launcher file (found in the top-level of the installation directory). Place it where you want the installation to take place then run it and it will create the installation registry entries for the location it is in and then it will download and install the game in that location in its respective directory (\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\live). The first Neverwinter directctory is where the Launcher is, the Neverwinter\live folders will be created when the launcher is ran. I have my PWE games set to install to: C:\Games\PWE\ARC\ so the launcher is found in \Games\PWE\ARC\Neverwinter_en\ and then the game client is found in the live folder within the \Games\PWE\ARC\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\live folder.