test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we fix that it takes longer to kill a rogue than it takes to kill a GF?

jahill001jahill001 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
I play a CW, how can I counter this bullISH that rogues are invulnerable in PVP for 25-30 seconds, it's ridiculous.

It took 2 CWs and a HR and we couldn't stun him, he's immune to everything, and when he's not immune he's dodging. That's bullcrap, why can a rogue range shot me, it doesn't make any sense in PVP.
Post edited by jahill001 on

Comments

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    :(

Why can't I dodge three times in a row and why can't I CC someone so they won't ever hit me? :(
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    :(

Why can't I dodge three times in a row and why can't I CC someone so they won't ever hit me? :(

Are you kidding?

CW is by far the easiest to kill in PVP. And no, CW cannot "perma CC" anyone like a rogue can "perma stealth". It is not even close.

You can have an unskilled permastealth TR or a GWF or one of those unkillable DC but as far as CW, you need tons of skill and still don't expect to be able to carry the team
    edited March 2014
    Are you kidding?

CW is by far the easiest to kill in PVP. And no, CW cannot "perma CC" anyone like a rogue can "perma stealth". It is not even close.

You can have an unskilled permastealth TR or a GWF or one of those unkillable DC but as far as CW, you need tons of skill and still don't expect to be able to carry the team
    I mean a CW can oneshot other person with 1 rotation of his CC skills. And no ITC will help you if a CW knows what he/she is doing.

IMO, CW is the most accurate class in PvP atm. I've seen enough CWs that just simply kill everything in PvP. It just takes some time to learn how to :P Go ask around either in EoA or other PvP guild and you will probably find a CW that will make change your mind :P

And the person here was complaining about ITC probably which is nonsense. Take it away and the rogue will become both useless in pve and pvp.

P.S I think there was already a good thread discussing CW class two days ago but apparently it got deleted and I can't find a link lol
    edited March 2014
    CW most accurate class in PVP? I would agree to that. Mainly because CW can be really good if you are an elite player with decent gear.
    I am not asking for a CW buff because I think it is a pretty fair class in itself. Gear will take you to a certain level, then your skill and experience and rotation can help you further.

However, even the most elite CW in PVP cannot beat a skilled GWF even with slightly lower gear.

Also, a CW can never carry a team by controlling a spawn point by himself against other premades.

With the addition of the new PVP stat Tenacity, you are crippling CW's best skill: Instant burst damage. We all know CW cannot keep up with the regeneration and stealth of TRs, GWFs and some DCs.

If they are doing this as a precaution to the upcoming Tier 3 gear that would skyrocket the DPS of players then so be it.
  • doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Keep your distance and play smart as CW..I remember when I played my CW it was fun and alot easier to kill people even tho gear were normal lvl. Now as GWF its just hulk smashes lol

Ill probably go back to my CW to troll some ppl
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
    edited March 2014
    CW most accurate class in PVP? I would agree to that. Mainly because CW can be really good if you are an elite player with decent gear.
    I am not asking for a CW buff because I think it is a pretty fair class in itself. Gear will take you to a certain level, then your skill and experience and rotation can help you further.

However, even the most elite CW in PVP cannot beat a skilled GWF even with slightly lower gear.

Also, a CW can never carry a team by controlling a spawn point by himself against other premades.

With the addition of the new PVP stat Tenacity, you are crippling CW's best skill: Instant burst damage. We all know CW cannot keep up with the regeneration and stealth of TRs, GWFs and some DCs.

If they are doing this as a precaution to the upcoming Tier 3 gear that would skyrocket the DPS of players then so be it.
    One doesn't simply kill a geared gwf nowdays, yeah :D

AFAIK CW will have some CC penetration and all healing (including regeneration I guess) gets a nerf so it should be still no problem as the other classes lose their bursts too.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Haven't seen this thread before.

First of all, impact shot is getting a significant nerf coming with the next patch and spike damage is reduced. You don't need to worry about rogues doing crazy damage from range anymore, and don't need to worry about getting bursted to death. Also, I brought it up in one of the dev livestreams when they were doing pvp recently. They said they are working out details but are planning to implement a system to break permastealth. They mentioned their current ideas include making attacks drain a small amount of stealth while attacking from stealth or implementing something where the target you are attacking from stealth can see you while you are attacking. Either way, rogues are only good because of stealth since they underwent so many nerfs already. Once any kind of stealth nerf takes place its not going to be worth it. Already from testing on the preview shard I can tell you HR is going to be right up there with TR for top PvP class due to better PvP set stats, arm pen from stat points, + now increased survivability and it has been on the preview shard from what I've seen. Personally, I'm already switching over to HR now because of this and because they said nerfs will come eventually.

Ultimately though, you can complain for nerfs to other classes, but there will always be a strongest class and that is what I'll be playing. Either way, once you start talking about nerfs no one is happy. You need to be asking for buffs to CW instead. Regardless, I already said, these rogues are confirmed heading for a nerf anyway.
  • jahill001jahill001 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just can't believe that a player being able to be stealth for 30 seconds is working as intended. Rogues and CW's were made obsolete when HRs are able to do range (and hit WAY higher crits, my bro has a HR and similar GS to me) AND stealth and dodge 6-7 times in a row. A rogue to me, means running in under stealth hitting a big hit and getting out. Not sustaining because they just pop full invisibility can't be hit while still attacking me. While we're on it, why can a GF knock me over from 25 feet away. ALSO stupid.
  • zugzug3zugzug3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jahill001 wrote: »
    I play a CW, how can I counter this bullISH that rogues are invulnerable in PVP for 25-30 seconds, it's ridiculous.

It took 2 CWs and a HR and we couldn't stun him, he's immune to everything, and when he's not immune he's dodging. That's bullcrap, why can a rogue range shot me, it doesn't make any sense in PVP.

Rogues are not at all invulnerable while in stealth. Second, permstealths usually (but by no means always) don't do much damage, so they can often be safely ignored. You can leave one person to deal with him (ideally another rogue using, say, path of the blade) while the rest of your team moves on. If three of you are trying to kill him then you're doing exactly what he wants you to do.

My TR wasn't getting much use so I rerolled as a permastealth just for laughs. Took him through PVP just so I could get the raven skull. He's pretty weak, has low gear score, doesn't do much damage, has low ranking enchants . . . but typically I would find myself in a situation where two, three, or even four members of the other team were idiotically flailing around trying to kill me while the rest of my team capped and held the other two points. It's funny as hell to watch, but can easily be avoided with just the slightest bit of know-how.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zugzug3 wrote: »
    Rogues are not at all invulnerable while in stealth.

Let's not play dumb. I'm a TR myself. Both you and I, and every other TR knows that us TRs don't really worry about being attacked while in stealth. The only two isolated cases when we really do feel tense is; (a) when we are up against another TR who uses Bilethorn, and (b) When we have those GWFreaks throwing them bullshi* AoE/ranged prones around.

In every other case, we know it is near 100% mitigation for the duration. You can't hit what you don't see. Stealth is our defense.

Second, permstealths usually (but by no means always) don't do much damage, so they can often be safely ignored. You can leave one person to deal with him (ideally another rogue using, say, path of the blade) while the rest of your team moves on. If three of you are trying to kill him then you're doing exactly what he wants you to do.

That's not even relevant to the matter at hand. The problem is a "perma" state should not be allowed in the first place. Like I said, I'm a TR, too. I've used MI builds in the past as well. Whether or not the damage is marginally lower than any other TR build is a non-issue when you are perma. No TR really worries about damage being too low.

Whether it is one person or three, in order to defend they are restricted to the node-circle. They don't see you, you move in and out as you please. Doesn't matter whether your damage is weak or not because you will pick and focus one weakest target, and throw toothpicks at him from stealth until the cumulated amount of damage shows -- at which point you attempt the "big hits" out of stealth and kill him, go back to stealth, rinse and repeat.

If the enemy leaves only one person behind?? Sweet! You kill him outright and take the node.

My TR wasn't getting much use so I rerolled as a permastealth just for laughs. Took him through PVP just so I could get the raven skull. He's pretty weak, has low gear score, doesn't do much damage, has low ranking enchants . . . but typically I would find myself in a situation where two, three, or even four members of the other team were idiotically flailing around trying to kill me while the rest of my team capped and held the other two points. It's funny as hell to watch, but can easily be avoided with just the slightest bit of know-how.

You just confirmed the reason why they should disallow permabuilds, friend.

You're weak, you have low GS, you have terrible damage, and yet just because you have that one build, you kept yourself alive in a situation which no other class could have against four enemies... and the only "know-how" in dealing with the perma kind, you suggest, is simply leaving the scene and not fighting at all.

Does anyone see the problem here, or what?
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    @ TS: There's a very simple fix for this: play better, less nerf crying. Permastealths are far from invulnerable. AOE spells still affect them. Lantern artifacts reveal them. The last post of TS clearly shows he's crying because he can't play. Yes GFs and TR require a different strategy than simple blasting everything aside. Welcome to PvP. Welcome to the pain. School is in session.

TL;DR: In before the nerf. uhm.. lock.

Like I've written in the post above;

Bullshi*. You don't really believe that. You don't worry about AoEs, nor do you worry about someone using a (*giggles*) .. really?? A lantern artifact??

I'm not even perma, and even I don't worry about any of that as long as my stealth is on.

Come on, let's not lie to people here. We know, you know, every single one of us TRs know that we love perma because yes, it is untouchable -- at least reliably enough -- that nothing short of being totally outclassed on the team level is enough to get you killed, ever.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • zugzug3zugzug3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You just confirmed the reason why they should disallow permabuilds, friend.

You're weak, you have low GS, you have terrible damage, and yet just because you have that one build, you kept yourself alive in a situation which no other class could have against four enemies... and the only "know-how" in dealing with the perma kind, you suggest, is simply leaving the scene and not fighting at all.

Does anyone see the problem here, or what?

Not at all. My point is not that my weak permastealth rogue can foil an enemy because he's OP, it's that he can foil an enemy team because they are stupid. They enter the battle with one mindset: "ME HEAP STRONG!!! ME SMASH!!!" . . . so when they encounter something that requires a little bit of thought and strategy they flounder. And instead of finding ways to counter me (and there are many) they get PO'ed and start whinging. A smart team will be able to deal with me and any but the best-geared permas without any trouble at all. But most aren't prepared at all to deal with something that's even slightly outside the box.

That said I'm not really altogether crazy about the existence of permas, but the troll inside me loves it so I keep doing it.
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Learn to slot and use AOE skills.
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    TR remains the best point holder in PVP. Because stealth.

GF should not last longer than a TR because he has Bull Charge that can knock things off point when he is not dead.

I think about this it is balanced, it is the dmg they dealt need to be nerfed, which it will be due to crit severity nerf in the upcoming PVP patch.

Also, SE seems a bit too good in the new patch.
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

Can we make that CWs crying post about TRs are automatically locked:D? Please take all your sadness and go to gwfs section for once and cry there, its the right time:) Also thanks for all the nerfs you cost us, especially in pve:) 3+ cw party dungeons sounds fun, so f*** other! :)
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    Can we make that CWs crying post about TRs are automatically locked:D? Please take all your sadness and go to gwfs section for once and cry there, its the right time:) Also thanks for all the nerfs you cost us, especially in pve:) 3+ cw party dungeons sounds fun, so f*** other! :)

That is one of the oddest thing about balance in this game - any time a class is too dominant in PvP it (eventually) gets nerfed, even obliterated. But in PvE it has been about stacking CWs ever since Open Beta and nothing has, and it appears nothing is even planned, to give other classes a chance to compete in PvE...
  • sasorassasoras Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If they plan to do any nerfs, i hope they will at least give us better toys, to balance it.Or at least un-nerf some of our old toys.
    edited March 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    That is one of the oddest thing about balance in this game - any time a class is too dominant in PvP it (eventually) gets nerfed, even obliterated. But in PvE it has been about stacking CWs ever since Open Beta and nothing has, and it appears nothing is even planned, to give other classes a chance to compete in PvE...
    Indeed and it really drives some people mad.

I mean some people don't like a certain class because it's too OP in PvP but there are also people that don't like PvP and they get frustrated because of CWs/GWFs taking their "bread" in PvE. I demand a balance both PvP and PvE wise -.-
  • tittlemcgrittletittlemcgrittle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How to deal with a semi-perma stealth TR if and when your gear and their gear are on par.(Written by a semi-perma TR):

*Disclaimer if they out gear you, then they should be killing you...

1.) Put a Senti GWF on that point. If no Senti on your team see step 2

2.) Put another semi-perma TR on that point. If no Semi-Perma TR on your team see step 3

3.) Put an HR on that point that understands how to weave in and out of combat and time their roots/abilities. Don't have one of those either? See step 4

4.) Put a CW that knows how to kite off point and use their prones/cc. Don't have one? See step 5

5.) Put a GF that knows how to run away from DF, and time their prones/knockbacks to continually leech points from them. Don't have one? See step 6

6.) Put a Tanky DC that knows how to sunburst off the point on them. Don't have one? Then at this point you should probably learn to play.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited March 2014

skillss!
    :D hahaha
    and having the right build and stuf.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I mean a CW can oneshot other person with 1 rotation of his CC skills. And no ITC will help you if a CW knows what he/she is doing.
    if it is takes more than 1 skill...ITS NOT ONE SHOT!

I don't understand why so many people say this.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
    edited March 2014
    What if you have a macro that does all those skills with 1 button, does that count as a one shot? You only had to shoot your finger at your keyboard once I think it should count.
    edited March 2014
    benskix2 wrote: »
    What if you have a macro that does all those skills with 1 button, does that count as a one shot? You only had to shoot your finger at your keyboard once I think it should count.

The CW would still have to go through all the animations and you have to realize CW's only defense is to dodge. Otherwise, CW is the squishiest class.

In fact, every single class loves to go after the CW for a free point
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I think the best solution is make it so if the shadow strike misses, stealth meter is not refilled, in addition to making yourself visible to opponents that you are attacking (this way there would be a small chance to dodge shadow strike from stealth too in addition to making doing all attacks from stealth less viable). The visibility itself wont help much on its own since I could just only use attacks at the end of stealth, or only land the last hit of DF while I am still immune, or wait it out in stealth if its 2v1 for it to be 1v1 again. However, it will give the chance to land damage over time weapon effects or skills which will drain stealth. Ultimately the problem is with the stealth rotation itself, but not with stealth.

Shadow strike is the root of perma stealth and perma immune rotations which is why I think it should be the skill that gets nerfed in addition to not landing the hit making stealth not refilled just seems like a logical, elegant solution.

The thing we cant do is simply take stealth out of the mix for extended periods of time. Rogues are too vulnerable compared to other classes for this. If we were to do something like this, TR defense would need a buff to counteract it because they are simply too fragile. In addition, even more rogue nerfs and spike damage nerfs are coming, which makes rogue even less viable itself without stealth.
    edited March 2014
    Entangle and repel are pretty good defenses too, IV GWF is the only class capable of touching my CW if I'm paying attention.
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, the answer to everything is NERF. I don't PVP a whole heck of alot but I love to read these "please Nerf this" threads.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    The CW would still have to go through all the animations and you have to realize CW's only defense is to dodge. Otherwise, CW is the squishiest class.

In fact, every single class loves to go after the CW for a free point

No. People dont go after a cw because its a "free point" lol. They go after it because its one of, if not the, MOST THREATENING CLASSES TO LEAVE ALONE. A dc can heal, a cw can freeze/stun/choke you, while also doing significant damage. An hr can do that too, but they only have 2 things to disrupt you. Cw's have a slew of things to throw your way.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    williep30 wrote: »
    No. People dont go after a cw because its a "free point" lol. They go after it because its one of, if not the, MOST THREATENING CLASSES TO LEAVE ALONE. .

This is exactly why I see CWs as a target priority