test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Delve events Change comming! No change needed...

omgudied2omgudied2 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Change DD Thanks but no thanks! I am guessing you want to give me one key for a chest each day (and spend 5k diamonds for extra keys)... This is no good. We grind for our gear and we grind for our diamonds any changes to DD is just stupid. DD has always been a way to score your char gear and loot, a way to get T2 epic sets creating your 14k to 16k GS char. Giving me one chest key a day and making me spend 5k diamonds for each extra key is just bad bad bad! I would not play this game anymore if you do not let me grind for stuff and treat DD like Dread Ring Keys, their would just be no point. The current drop rate for gear that does not come from DD is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I have never seen a T2 piece drop from an end boss and I have 12 chars and grind DD 3 times a day. You will make this game a casual play game and we will leave and find games we can grind on! Do the right thing leave DD alone. if you support me at all in this opposition post it here.

UPDATED INFO:
panderus wrote: »
The current plan has the keys as an addition to, not a replacement of, the Dungeon Delve event.
A LONG TIME AGO... YADA YADA YADA DARTH VADER... JEDI
Post edited by omgudied2 on

Comments

• Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Wall of slightly incoherent text crits you for 5000 (6666).

I for one welcome our new key-based overlords. I hate it when I can't do any DDs in an evening due to stupid timing, and the way that the game is dead between timed DDs, and there's too much pressure during them. Maybe I'm too casual for you, with only five 14k+ characters, but on the upside...

My return key works :)
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I saw the changes you refer to, but no mention of how many keys or what the charge for extra keys was, or even if that is possible. So it seems sensible to wait until more info is available.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    DD timing has always been its strong point because everyone comes on so you have lots of players to choose from and can find other high GS players to choose from take this away and groups will fail.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh man. Where does this come from? Delves are about the only thing I look forward to. I hope this information isn't correct. I wouldn't mind if they had a 'claim your key' event that ran in place of the delve event, or something like that. Or if you can save your keys and run multiples on the weekend or other days where you have more time.

But really, where did you see this?

Thanks
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We will be replacing the existing, time-based dungeon delve events, with a new system that relies on having dungeon keys so that you can adventure at your leisure.[

It is somewhat useless to speculate at this point, but the key issue for me is whether you can accumulate keys (like the Sharandar keys), so you can collect one key per day, and do several events on, say weekends when you have more time....or whether the keys would be like the Dread Ring keys, where you can only carry one key at any time.

That's a ... key issue for me.

My big issue with the current system is that on weekdays I have only an hour or two to play...so unless I am lucky that means I cannot do any DDs at all except on weekdays. Not being able to do what I want to do, when I want to - well, that's a pretty big annoyance to me.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I am trying to figure out what they can change about DD they mention keys and we all know how their keys work! its in the new expansion news release.

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3034893-announcing_-module-3-curse-of-icewind-dale

I understand from a casual players point getting 5 keys a week sounds great but if your grinding for gear and diamonds that's 1 hour on DD or less. you should be able to stack 5 to 6 PK DD runs and also do a T2 dungeon afterwords when you get down to about 8 or 9 min to go in the DD hour. A conman will compel you with his left hand while he takes your wallet with his right! in this case the exp pack release is the left hand meanwhile their right hand is taking away your grind and your wallet! leave DD alone.
  • Options
    visinjivisinji Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Good and bad on this issue. At least we won't have to act like we're in a track meet now.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    this could make exploit fast runs less worth to do to
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm not casual, but I do dailies on all my chars, so I would be happy to be able to run multiple delves on Saturdays and Sundays. I can't really say I am ever happy about anything that limits player options though.

I could see them limiting delve runs, if the pay out was huge every time, but it isn't. Most times it's rather weak.

I basically use them for a break from dailies that allows me to continue going forward with building and improving things.

Thanks for posting the link, I missed that article.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All of those things look interesting, though I don't do PVP so meh for that. The new "epic battles for a dozen or more" players might be interesting. As for the DD keys, the critical part is in how they are executed. If you have to buy one at the price listed on Preview awhile back (2500AD) then they'll only be good for the T2s, as you can at least make your money back with RAD from a T1 jewelry/belt piece - assuming you aren't buried in it already. For T1s, it's going to be a loosing proposition unless they greatly increase the drop rates of epics. For Heroic Dungeons, it's never going to be worth it to buy a key even for a lesser price unless they really increase the quality of the chest items. The only valuable items that really matter in heroics drop from bosses.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Many of us welcome this change, especially those of us that don't get to hit a DD window on a daily basis under the current scheme. Hopefully we get a set of keys per day, 2... maybe 3? Either way, even if you have to buy the key at a minimal cost, so long as that cost is cheap enough to be covered by the salvage value of a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> purple out of the chest (worst case scenario), it's still a great option.
  • Options
    tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think the keys are a great idea. Lots of perks i foresee. our guilds nightly group will have a chest everynight. If the zone we are working on goes bad, we can exit out and do a easier one for chest.

But what is even better is the heroic encounters, sounds like some raid content finally in the form of World Bosses!
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I'm not casual, but I do dailies on all my chars, so I would be happy to be able to run multiple delves on Saturdays and Sundays. I can't really say I am ever happy about anything that limits player options though.

I could see them limiting delve runs, if the pay out was huge every time, but it isn't. Most times it's rather weak.

It's hard to call if it's more or less limiting- it depends on how we get more keys, for those days where there's more playtime. If you can pick one up for a couple of K, then that's just fine with me. If it's really expensive, that's.. less optimal. Also, one thing that isn't mentioned is that some folks would do dungeons when there isn't a DD on right now, for fun- but can rarely find a decent group. I could see that smoothing things out.

If we're getting another set of dailies, my recently reduced dailies load will increase again anyway- I already limit myself to 2-3 chars at a time per campaign, lest I lose my mind. I usually priorities the characters that I am playing/going to play the most at that moment.. In the evenings, I can barely keep up with this once I get home from work, if I want to actually sleep!

We none of us know how it will shake out right now. I do know that the game is fairly dead PvEwise between DDs currently, apart from endless busywork dailies. I'd like to be able to do more pew pew, though.
  • Options
    judicasjudicas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I have mixed feelings, i'm seeing this as just another cash grab from cryp for the whole if you want to do more than one run a day you need to buy keys. honestly its not hard to get into a DD, and the only reason you go is to gear yourself or for the shards so they are taking away the ability to run it 3-7 times in the hour and purposely dropping it to what? 2 a day? If they dont give out at least 10 keys a day then it really is nothing then a cash grab.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    judicas wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings, i'm seeing this as just another cash grab from cryp for the whole if you want to do more than one run a day you need to buy keys. honestly its not hard to get into a DD, and the only reason you go is to gear yourself or for the shards so they are taking away the ability to run it 3-7 times in the hour and purposely dropping it to what? 2 a day? If they dont give out at least 10 keys a day then it really is nothing then a cash grab.

YEA SUPPORT! :o
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    judicas wrote: »

It could be that speed running a dungeon multiple times during a DD window is not "working as intended". Still, so long as the purchase price of a key is on par with the worst chest result (a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> purple salvage price), it's not a cash grab at all. In fact, it works to your advantage as now you can keep running those Epics repeatedly instead of just through a DD window, still getting the chest at the end to fund your runs and pick up extra items (like more shards) as well as the chances of boss gear drops along the way.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    By the sounds of it best gear is going to be crafted using black ice shaping so they probably don't care about players running delves to get gear as many times as possible using keys , it depends on where the new crafting mats come from .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    twstdecho wrote: »
    it works to your advantage as now you can keep running those Epics repeatedly instead of just through a DD window, still getting the chest at the end to fund your runs and pick up extra items

not if your spending diamonds to get back in? esp if a ring is worth 3k but guys you have to refine that... I know its easy to forget this but all that stuff still has to be refined limiting the cash grab already! they need to leave it alone. but time will tell but mark my words the end is coming. Here just try to figure out this word puzzle...

TEH DEN SI OCMIGN
  • Options
    elsumonnerelsumonner Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, my bigest fear is that they will cost zen.So yeah...even if it cost only 50 zen it will be much over its value if in the chest you find t1 ..or blue
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    elsumonner wrote: »
    Well, my bigest fear is that they will cost zen.So yeah...even if it cost only 50 zen it will be much over its value if in the chest you find t1 ..or blue

I doubt they will do that , they added them to the wondrous bazzar for AD on the preview shard a while back but I can't remember what they cost.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Low level dungeons, waiting in a queue forever ?
    Not a good way to present you product for new players.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    The current plan has the keys as an addition to, not a replacement of, the Dungeon Delve event.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

That is kind of what I thought would happen, but the wording on the article suggests otherwise. Might want to suggest changing it.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Which means that high level gear runs with and for elite players and/or exploiters stay as attractive as ever?
    Or will it be 1 key/day and 1 DD during every DD?
    I really hope you know how to prevent a separation of 16k GS players from the "lower depths" players.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    zurimorzurimor Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I like the idea of a combination of both.
    Keep the DD times as they are right now, this will ensure that there'll still be many players online at these times which would keep it easy to find groups.
    If you want to get a chest outside of DD, you have to get a key, maybe 1 for free each day, the rest you have to buy for AD. There was the idea of scaling costs for keys in the channel, I like that one if there is a combination since it should thwart power farmers and hopefully keep prices in the AH stable.
    Think this is a nice idea, it will grant you more freedom to do some delves with your guild and get a chest without being sticked to times, but keep the advantage of having many players online at the same time.
  • Options
    cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2014
    Which means that high level gear runs with and for elite players and/or exploiters stay as attractive as ever?
    Or will it be 1 key/day and 1 DD during every DD?
    I really hope you know how to prevent a separation of 16k GS players from the "lower depths" players.

Yes players that are fortunate enough to have more time than yourself to play should be penalized by limiting their available content....
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Uhm. That's disappointing....ah, well...
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Uhm. That's disappointing....ah, well...

What could you possibly be dissapointed with here? You have the ability to do more DD if you want to or nothing changes if you dont.
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think this will be an epic improvement or an epic fail - based on how they implement the keys. If they are implemented the way the shan keys work, that will be fine imo (but you should get 2 keys oe more because you can run several dd in a day) but if you can only hold 1 key - epic fail. Currently, I make up for the Delves i miss all week with multi run events on the weekend.

When i first started running epics, I thought getting a key a day would be awesome because i was lucky to pug through one or two a week, often not completing. Now if i get only one run in on a dd, and normally 3 because of doing a preclear, this would be a huge set back if you could only get and hold a single key at a time.

Looking farther down the road, this could create a huge gap between the 'Haves' and 'Have nots' because the people that have been running 4 and 5 Pk an event are way ahead on the Ad that new players will never be able to meet. Then again ,there won't be anything stopping you from the farming folks commonly do in non dd times like an mc 2/3 or vt/1

I hope they really look at this and it is not an 'out of the frying pan, into the fire' change.

*Edit*
    Ahh - thanks for the clarification Panda - if it is in addition to the existing DD, rather than a replacement as it says, this is a true win-win improvement.

Can you shed light on if the keys will be able to be accumulated or not?
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cael13 wrote: »
    Yes players that are fortunate enough to have more time than yourself to play should be penalized by limiting their available content....
    I have no idea why you think I don't have time for playing. I say that open DD this does make exploiting and speed-runs attractive.

The recommended time for a T2 or T1 is 45 minutes. If you can make that in 9 to 15 minutes there is something broken and you exploit it by running 5-7 iterations of this.
    Having only 1, 2 or 3 DD-key(s) each DD would put exploiters closer to the farming capability of honest folks.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
This discussion has been closed.