test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Semi-Dedicated reviewer looking for work...an impossible job

2»

Comments

• Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Love the reviews keep them up! While you are at it, I have a few more chapters for you to check out now.

The Trap for Karameikos

and

An Angel's Wrath

Due to confusion with some people on what a prologue was I have had to rename my quests:

"Planescape - The Skeleton Key" -NWS-DI6VZQOPK
    q1: Chapter 1: The Prime Material (formally prologue) - NW-DUPGY7BWX
    q2: Ch.2 The Hunt for the Book of Souls - NW-DTGXQJEI
    q3: Ch.3 The Trap for Karameikos - NW-DI5QA5K59
    q4: Ch.4 An Angel's Wrath - NW-DOALPDSHS
    q5: Ch.5 TBD
    q6: Ch.6 Finale TBD

Thank you Herc!
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakedge2 wrote: »
    Love the reviews keep them up! While you are at it, I have a few more chapters for you to check out now.

The Trap for Karameikos

and

An Angel's Wrath

Due to confusion with some people on what a prologue was I have had to rename my quests:

"Planescape - The Skeleton Key" -NWS-DI6VZQOPK
    q1: Chapter 1: The Prime Material (formally prologue) - NW-DUPGY7BWX
    q2: Ch.2 The Hunt for the Book of Souls - NW-DTGXQJEI
    q3: Ch.3 The Trap for Karameikos - NW-DI5QA5K59
    q4: Ch.4 An Angel's Wrath - NW-DOALPDSHS
    q5: Ch.5 TBD
    q6: Ch.6 Finale TBD

Thank you Herc!

I will update the review to reflect the new naming. However, might be some time before I can get to the other two. Got a ton of requests lined up and I think that once people play the first two of your Campaign that I reviewed, they will pretty much realize it is a great Campaign. Wanna help out of of those with less established content get noticed.

However, does not me I wont check them out, just won't be able to do a detailed review.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will update the review to reflect the new naming. However, might be some time before I can get to the other two. Got a ton of requests lined up and I think that once people play the first two of your Campaign that I reviewed, they will pretty much realize it is a great Campaign. Wanna help out of of those with less established content get noticed.

However, does not me I wont check them out, just won't be able to do a detailed review.

Hehe no worries man, no rush =)
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Got a new one for you folks.

The Tome of Akronem - Lucius
    Part one of the Tome of Akronem Campaign by @staalkbh

In one paragraph: A simple, decently written storyline set in a quest that requires the player to explore more and follow quest trails less. The maps however are well designed and appealing.

I was only able to review the first quest in the Campaign due to time, and a large stack of quests piling up.
  • Options
    c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    c0mixfan wrote: »

I have a ton of quests already lined up, so it would be best if you submitted it via the form linked on the first page. But it could be a few weeks before I can get to it. I am trying to keep it first come first server, no favorites, so everyone has a chance at some point.
    Also pick out the one you want reviewed the most. The point of my reviews is to also get Authors noticed, so put out the best work you have and I will review it and hopefully people will want to go to other quests you made because of that.

There are a ton of authors doing review trades however, that will review your if you review theirs. I am doing a different method and more detailed approach, as such I have no requirement for my quests to be played for a review to be done.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A new review is out for you guys.

Murder Inc by @bakertk

In one paragraph: A long quest that feels it should be split into a Campaign. Heavy on combat, with just enough story to give the player reason to keep killing. Even unfinished, the quest still runs about 30 or more minutes and fills your bag with plenty of loot and coin.

keep Smelting!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Knocked out two reviews for you guys today.

The Fall of Krath by @sonictriblade
    In one paragraph: A very short, hack and slash that takes events from in the game as basis for the light story. If you want combat and not a lot of time to invest, while still having some story, try it out.

Fate of the Bonnie Kate by @nezroy
    In one paragraph: A fantastic quest with a great story and unique objectives, as well as meaningful but not overbearing combat. Not too long for those time-conscious players.

As usual check out the full reviews in the links provided.
  • Options
    celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited May 2013
    You reviewed The Beast Within part of the City in Conflict Campaign but I did not see it on your master list. Also I added part II to this campaign Gauntlet of the Twin Teeth. NW=DTVDNRGKC Thanks for the write up I love your work too Herc.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    celantra wrote: »
    You reviewed The Beast Within part of the City in Conflict Campaign but I did not see it on your master list. Also I added part II to this campaign Gauntlet of the Twin Teeth. NW=DTVDNRGKC Thanks for the write up I love your work too Herc.

Hm, I might have reviewed it in game but before I started doing these reviews. The master list is just ones I did full forum stuff on, but I have played and reviewed other quests but just in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A new review after a lengthy break. But before that, I have made a major change to the review process.

Due to so many requests still pending, I feel I may never get to them all. So to narrow it down, I am going to focus on reviewing only those quests or Authors that are still in need to exposures and plays. To this end, I will be skipping any quest that is already popular, as determined by it having hundreds or more of reviews already. If one of your quests fall into this category, I will send you a PM when I get to it informing you of this. There are too many quests and Authors out there in desperate need of a break, that I feel it would be a waste of a long review doing a review on a quest already getting a lot of plays.

And on to the review.
    The Bandit Highway by @Misfit702

In one paragraph: In a Foundry full of quests designed solely for players to knock out during Foundry hour’s, this quest has little to stand out among the crowed. It also falls just shy of the Daily time requirements. In all, it felt too little time was spent adding a personal touch to push this quest above a 3, but the quest does not have any technical issues or bugs and runs smooth.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Sorry guys I have been taking a much needed Neverwinter break. The game is burning me out, well rather the Foundry is. I have yet to even max a character out in the game. I guess what is burning me out is the severe lack of developer love for the Foundry right now. Really disheartening knowing that major bugs that were in during the Foundry beta are still being ignored. This "big foundry update" feels more like smoke and mirrors than anything else.

I hope to get a few reviews done this weekend however. And chip away more at Chapter II of my own Campaign.
  • Options
    oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Added my quest to your database. It's a little different than most (a comedy), and I hope you will find some time to give it a run-through. This is a great idea, and it's unfortunate there just isn't enough time in the day to play through more quests!

I have added Obsidian Enclave to my list and will play it within the next day or two.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Added a new review, after being out of the game for some time.

Today we have An Awakening of Flames by @sgsteihl

In one paragraph: A short but combat intense daily that will get you your daily reward with lots of loot and almost no story. Lacks polish and customization of some other combat oriented quests though the combat itself still satisfies.

I am really getting behind on both my reviews, as well as working on my own quests. If anyone wants to do some reviews with me, check out the first post under the HELP WANTED header.
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was really excited when I first saw your fancy graphs and detailed reviews like a month ago. Sorry you got so backlogged with everything but understandable.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Quest Title: Regular Quest
    Short Code: NW-DADXEQ4QH
    Duration: 2 minutes

I submitted the form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess I'll timidly put my first quest forward for evaluation as well... eek. o.o

One Step to Darkness [NW-DNJC9SK7A]
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • Options
    klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi.

Could you please review my quest when you have the time.

It's called

A Simple Request
    NW-DIC2E7M9Z
    by OoKeNnEtHoO
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3334092460809555910/C65DF907C267281029590DD3C96FDD58C8EF8E99/

I'll really appreciate it.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There's been no activity in 7+ months, Klk... I doubt he's still around.

Devs abandoned foundry, and it's encouraged most people to take their example.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zahinder wrote: »

I think he/she still contributes to the forums, possibly not reviewing though, like you said what's the point? It's a shame because reading the posts he/she obviously did a very good job doing so. How did I miss it?

I love the graph system. It's a shame cryptic didn't pick up on this for their tag system it would have been most impressive.
  • Options
    klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zahinder wrote: »

Oh I see..That's too bad then.

I have been trying to get people to review my quest but it's really hard to do since my forum account is new and it doesn't let me create new threads.
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh I see..That's too bad then.

I have been trying to get people to review my quest but it's really hard to do since my forum account is new and it doesn't let me create new threads.

I sent you a PM about your quest.

If you want me to make a post for you then I don't mind just send me a PM and I'll copy and paste it, be sure to put a title. I thought you could make them straight off though, maybe not.