test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't Login to Arc

killianthefoxkillianthefox Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Keep getting 'Login has timed out. Please check our internet connection and try again'. My connection is fine.

Is there maintenance or something going on currently?
Post edited by killianthefox on

Comments

• Options
    remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Keep getting 'Login has timed out. Please check our internet connection and try again'. My connection is fine.

Is there maintenance or something going on currently?

I have the same exact issue.
  • Options
    thanatosian777thanatosian777 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am also getting this error.

Is there a server status page to check somewhere?
  • Options
    remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Finally logged in to Arc, I had to reset my password, but I still cannot login to gateway or Neverwinter on any account.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I had that too but I just kept trying and it got logged in after 4 tries. I think they were either doing something or there was a hiccup in the network. Game and Gateway login and load up fine here on my end.
  • Options
    kuyabaykuyabay Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    Anyone knows what's the deal with this? It's been a couple of days now and the problem is still there. Arc has been giving me a connection error, invalid username/pw. I am able to sign into the game not using Arc just fine.
  • Options
    illideshillidesh Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am having the same problem with Arc. I logged into Neverwinter manually and didn't have a single glitch. But I expect whom ever is supposed to fix it. Probably will not do so any time soon. Nothing but awful customer service.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ARC is working perfectly fine on my end after that momentary hiccup the other night. Check your firewall to make sure it didn't get blocked
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    My problem with Arc only occured as of today. Even if I disable my firewall it still will not work. I can log into the games just fine with out using Arc. But Arc refuses to connect. I have even tried using the Arc repair tool. Again, it was functioning perfectly last night. Nothing has been installed or uninstalled inbetween that time. It just will not connect today.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I just uninstalled Arc and reinstalled it. Still get the connection timed out error.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    I am sorry to see this is happening to you guys.

One workaround is to skip Arc and use the NW Launcvher directly. Simply find the Neverwinter.exe and run it. You won't be able to use Arc but you will at least be able to access the game. The default install is:

C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter.exe

Also we have a new Arc Community Manager, sparkiesoft, and he would love to hear about any issues or feedback you have about Arc. Simply send an e-mail to feedback@arcgames.com and he will be happy to direct any feedback you have to the appropriate teams.

Of course that doesn't mean I am not doing what I can to get the developers to resolve any issues you are having but it doesn't hurt to send your two cents in as well. :)

*Moved to Bug Reports*
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    More and more Neverwinter just stops being fun. Not just from the bugs. But the forced gameplay for the celestial coins that almost always ends up being spent on the 7 coin box for the hopes of getting a coalescent ward and after months of attempts at doing that and never ever seeing one across multiple characters. I am sick of it. Hell, even the stupid bars from the lock boxes are character bound instead of account bound. Then there is the stupid chests at the end of the campaign dungeon that just keep giving me unidentified blues again and again and again. This just makes me want to play the game even less. This is all just a boring chore to try to keep us playing. For me, this just drives me away.
  • Options
    adamemnon1adamemnon1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is happening to me now. I can't locate the Neverwinter.exe. I'm going to lose my Celestial Coins and Ardent Coins soon if I can't log in. How can I get around this?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Closed for necromancy. There was a tempory hiccup in the account server last night. Should be resolved now.
This discussion has been closed.