test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tyranny of Dragons

arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I saw a Wizards of the coast article that said something about some new content, "Tyranny of Dragons."

Not much was mentioned, though. In the article (HERE) and (HERE) they spoke about cross platform content, and specifically hinted at Neverwinter and a "summer" timeline.

Anyone want to start the speculation/hype train?
Post edited by arsonall82 on

Comments

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    module 4 i hope if this will be module 3 it could mean no big updates till August since pwe do summer updates then other updates times are march june and november ;) mostly
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't know if they'll make it a whole module, but we might see some sort of event. There is a Dragon Cultist in Dread Spire who might figure into it.
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited February 2014
    Now that would be sick, the temple of Tiamat and fighting Tiamat the 5 headed dragon. But here is how that would go, you run through the temple of tiamat, 2 hours later, kill Tiamat after an hour of fighting only to get 2 blue boss drops :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    the real question would be, is the PvP update considered a module? Could any other things be included in that update? If previous scheduling is any indication, the PvP update seems right on track for M3, leaving summer to be another appropriate M4 timeline. scheduling wise, it'd be a dream. Have PWE/Cryptic been known to withhold module info this close to a possible release?

data mining has revealed prior to M2 that game files were already present for a hunter ranger and a scourge warlock (and which devs said in a polygon interview, "We already have one class beyond the Hunter that's almost, I'd say 50 to 60 percent done, so that will be our next one," (HERE)

they could be ready to release the warlock... there has also been datamined resources for a dragonborn race, too. some nice speculations, yes?
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Now that would be sick, the temple of Tiamat and fighting Tiamat the 5 headed dragon. But here is how that would go, you run through the temple of tiamat, 2 hours later, kill Tiamat after an hour of fighting only to get 2 blue boss drops :)

You're optimistic, look at the trend, beta launched with t2's giving purples, the modules have t2.5 giving blues, this will be a t3 and give greens or whites for loot drops.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Looking forward to any inclusion of this in Neverwinter, that would/will be awesome! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    arsonall82 wrote: »
    the real question would be, is the PvP update considered a module? Could any other things be included in that update? If previous scheduling is any indication, the PvP update seems right on track for M3, leaving summer to be another appropriate M4 timeline. scheduling wise, it'd be a dream. Have PWE/Cryptic been known to withhold module info this close to a possible release?

data mining has revealed prior to M2 that game files were already present for a hunter ranger and a scourge warlock (and which devs said in a polygon interview, "We already have one class beyond the Hunter that's almost, I'd say 50 to 60 percent done, so that will be our next one," (HERE)

they could be ready to release the warlock... there has also been datamined resources for a dragonborn race, too. some nice speculations, yes?

I doubt it. modules so far includes a campaign, and usually either a new race or class. Pvp update will have nothing but pvp stuff (to my knowledge so far).
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Choo choooooooo!
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Choo choooooooo!

Train class confirmed for module 3!
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Choo choooooooo!
    It's Chuchu :p
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Choo choooooooo!

All aboard the Neverwinter express straight to .... Waterdeep via the temple of Tiamat just long enough to fight Tiamat the 5 headed dragon ;)
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Choo choooooooo!

blue drop from tiamat confirmed. gg
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've been thinking that the next module might be connected to something about dragons and the Cult of the Dragon because of the guy in Dread Spire. Guess it's high time we saw a Dragonborn race. :D So much good stuff in store for us. Dragonborn, Warlock, new gear etc. No new bugs pls tho tnx ilyvm.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    With a first teaser clip, the developers of the online role-playing game Neverwinter present the third free module "Curse of Icewind Dale," the PvP rankings, a matchmaking system and new PvP and PvE campaigns introduced.

a little teaser...(HERE)
  • Options
    edited February 2014

oh my! .......
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    With a first teaser clip, the developers of the online role-playing game Neverwinter present the third free module "Curse of Icewind Dale," the PvP rankings, a matchmaking system and new PvP and PvE campaigns introduced.

a little teaser...(HERE)

yeah looks nice ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I wonder why only a German video release and nothing official on the English arc or forum
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The fact that almost all of the armors from VT and content in Dread Ring has a Dragon theme about them really hints strongly at the Dragonborn and the followers of the Dragon Cult.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I wonder why only a German video release and nothing official on the English arc or forum

They might have jumped the gun on posting the trailer. Who knows.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    They might have jumped the gun on posting the trailer. Who knows.

Well it did seem to get taken down for a bit but then got put back up , weird .
    Also cmpinpointerror knows , are we allowed to ask why?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We're allowed to ask, but that doesn't mean he gets to answer before the bosses say so.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Caer Konig looks like a cool location , possible future fishing area ?
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Caer-Konig

Can't find anything about Dwarven valley though
  • Options
    ipwnu1ipwnu1 Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2014
    mentions summer as timeframe... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, was really hoping to see mod 3 in spring
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ipwnu1 wrote: »
    mentions summer as timeframe... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, was really hoping to see mod 3 in spring

If you follow this link and use Google Translate, it says Curse of Icewind Dale will have a spring 2014 release. This will be module 3 if the video is accurate.

Tyranny of Dragons, possibly the 4th module, will be summer of 2014 according to speculation in this article.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Good lord, right now I hate to say it but I hope neither of these are part of the mod3 release. Simply because right now there has been no testing on either of the preview servers. There was a long period of testing for mod2 and that still got released with a lot of bugs that cryptic was told about long before the release. I can only shudder at the nightmare full of bugs we'd get from them releasing new content with no player testing.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    snotty wrote: »
    Good lord, right now I hate to say it but I hope neither of these are part of the mod3 release. Simply because right now there has been no testing on either of the preview servers. There was a long period of testing for mod2 and that still got released with a lot of bugs that cryptic was told about long before the release. I can only shudder at the nightmare full of bugs we'd get from them releasing new content with no player testing.

I'm sure mod 3 will get plenty of testing on the preview server.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    I'm sure mod 3 will get plenty of testing on the preview server.

I pray you're right.