test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

companions

solidriversolidriver Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Hello,

Am i able to buy companions for every level? I am only level 5 now, but i saw a zen merchant offering companions in a start pack.
Can i use companions at any level? I do not want to buy it only to find out i need a bigger level for it.
Post edited by solidriver on

Comments

• elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You have to reach level 16 to start using a companion.

After that, there are no other level requirements.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually, you have to be level 16 to get a free companion. You can buy one any time and start using it immediately, provided you can afford it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • paranormalpaprixparanormalpaprix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    is there a chance to tell me where i can find companions as a drop?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    is there a chance to tell me where i can find companions as a drop?

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    solidriver wrote: »
    Hello,

Am i able to buy companions for every level? I am only level 5 now, but i saw a zen merchant offering companions in a start pack.
    Can i use companions at any level? I do not want to buy it only to find out i need a bigger level for it.

You can start using a companion as soon as you create the character and start the tutorial - though you'd have to buy them from the Zen store to do so. Most people wait until they get to Protector's Enclave, then visit the reward claims merchant (if they have any special ones from packs or such), otherwise you can mail them to yourself form an alternate character, etc.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you only have the one character you can still afford to buy a companion from the Auction House.
    When you hit level 6, run the Black Lake Terror skirmish during the skirmish event as often as you can during that hour.
    That's an easy 10,000 rough AD, enough to buy a "white" companion right away with enough left over to buy a "white" mount at Level 20