test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do I copy a character to Preview with this new forum layout?

2»

Comments

• rfootrfoot Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Use the javascript code pasted on page 3, fix the added space to remove the pop-up, press esc to cancel the redirect and disable adblock.
  • atraleosatraleos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rfoot wrote: »
    Use the javascript code pasted on page 3, fix the added space to remove the pop-up, press esc to cancel the redirect and disable adblock.

Pressing escape to cancel wasn't working for me. I tried using the first javascript posted, but all that did was remove the pop up and then trigger the redirect immediately. This one worked like a charm though:

$('#redirect-lb-backdrop a').click(); $('#redirect-lb-backdrop').remove();
  • rowin4010rowin4010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    atraleos wrote: »
    ... This one worked like a charm though:

Indeed it -does- 'work like a charm'! (Kudos to whoever found/created it.) You just need to access the Javascript Console and input the above code (copy-paste FTW!) every time one of those infernal redirect pop-ups appears.
    "I have never considered it polite to comment upon the ravings of the insane, nor profitable to engage in arguments with lunatics." - King Avallach (Taliesin - Stephen Lawhead)
  • daermon888daermon888 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi,

I always get this popup window for installing Arc when I want to copy my character to preview server.
    and it automatically redirect me to the new website, so I am not able to make a copy.

Is there another way to copy a character?

Thanks!
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • kiteareskiteares Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    atraleos wrote: »
    Pressing escape to cancel wasn't working for me. I tried using the first javascript posted, but all that did was remove the pop up and then trigger the redirect immediately. This one worked like a charm though:

Been having a nightmare with this...not being an expert with consoles etc. Now I've got it sussed (with thanks to peeps in legit), here are my steps for anyone struggling....
    In Firefox:
    - disabled ABP,
    - went to http://nw.perfectworld.com/preview
    - when the countdown hit 0 I hit esc
    - opened the web console - Tools>Web Developer>Web Console
    - at the very bottom there is a blue double arrow >> with a flashing cursor, I pasted the code atraleos posted and hit return
    - redirect is removed and the dropdowns are active
    You have to repeat this for every toon/shard you want to transfer

Thanks for the help and hope this helps someone.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No offense meant, and your suggestion might be legit.

But when someone in a forum asks me to open the web console and run a command there it is time to close the browser or have your account stolen. this is the same area as "150k AD from this website"-posts.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It really isn't the same at all, but whatever. His suggestion is, in fact, legit.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Nearly a week and this is still busted? Reminds me of the month it took to fix Idris' broken chest. . .

And I can't get the workaround to work in Chrome.

Oh well, the longer this delays me testing a build change the longer you have to wait for moar $ from me as I need a respec. . .
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    And I can't get the workaround to work in Chrome.

What issue are you having with the workaround?
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They fixed it with todays update it seems. The redirect is gone. Thanks!
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    They fixed it with todays update it seems. The redirect is gone. Thanks!

Happy days! At work now though. :(

Thank you, Cryptic.
    dardove wrote: »
    What issue are you having with the workaround?

Irrelevant now, but it just didn't respond the the CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER sequence.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the redirect has been removed; this issue has been resolved.
This discussion has been closed.