test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Transmutation Question

oxnard180oxnard180 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello, I transmuted my Ancient Mulhorand Orb into a Savage Skull of the Many Arrows consuming the skull in the process. Later on when I hit 60 and get a better orb can I use my ancient mulhorand orb to copy over the skull look which it now has? Thank you!
Post edited by oxnard180 on

Comments

• Options
    cr4zyl3xcr4zyl3x Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You will be able to use same item for transmutation BUT it will cost you some AD.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Cool, thanks for the response dude.
  • Options
    cr4zyl3xcr4zyl3x Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not a problem at all buddy)
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Is the orb still sitting sideways like it used to when it first came out?
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    twstdecho wrote: »
    Is the orb still sitting sideways like it used to when it first came out?

no, it has been corrected.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Hmmm, might be time to get my hands on one again, as it's, by far, the best looking one in the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The only thing I've noticed is that I have plague fire on it and sometimes the enchantment "skin" will come off the skull and float by the side of my body but a quick relog fixes that.
  • Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    oxnard180 wrote: »
    The only thing I've noticed is that I have plague fire on it and sometimes the enchantment "skin" will come off the skull and float by the side of my body but a quick relog fixes that.

You can unequip the orb and re-equip to fix to. That graphical bug has been around since August
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    lazuree wrote: »
    You can unequip the orb and re-equip to fix to. That graphical bug has been around since August

Oh cool thanks, didn't know that.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As far as I know, it affects all enchantments not just Plaguefire. I know firsthand that it affects Flaming and Terror.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How do you remove transmutes from weapons or off-hand items?
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hudman21 wrote: »
    How do you remove transmutes from weapons or off-hand items?

You don't. Once you transmute, it is permanent (until you transmute over it again).
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited February 2014

I've rebumped this to make sure our devs see it. Thanks!
  • Options
    zengiahzengiah Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've rebumped this to make sure our devs see it. Thanks!

I reported that bug a few times already.

Here is my latest thread about it:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?612951-Orb-cosmetic-bug
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ofkathriaofkathria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Mounting and dismounting will do the trick as well.

In my experience, the problem itself occurs when you use a power from atop your mount. When you manually dismount before activating a power, the visual effect stays on the orb.
  • Options
    torrrorrrrrorrtorrrorrrrrorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My lvl 40 iteam turned into a lvl 1 iteam when i transmuted it , is that how it sepose to work ?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My lvl 40 iteam turned into a lvl 1 iteam when i transmuted it , is that how it sepose to work ?

It sounds like you did it backwards, and made the level 1 skin item look like your original level 40 weapon. (Transmuting makes one thing look like something else.)

Just be glad it wasn't a valuable epic item you did it to.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Yep, we are aware of this issue and have been trying to track down a fix. Unfortunately it is very difficult to reproduce on our internal environments where our debugging tools can give us a better look into things.

This is on my list to try and get fixed in between other feature development.

Also, on an sort of related note: I just filed a bug to update the change appearance window to be a bit more intuitive and clear which item will be consumed in the process. Hearing a report from CS about a player losing their Fallen Dragon weapon to a transmute skin saddens my heart.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Hearing a report from CS about a player losing their Fallen Dragon weapon to a transmute skin saddens my heart.

Such things have happened to more than one person
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?500031-Lost-weapon-after-transmution

(I had a beast of a time finding that thread. It appears our forum search function when narrowing by a user and a keyword will only return topics created by the specified user, so you can't easily find a thread you know you replied in but didn't create.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Yep, we are aware of this issue and have been trying to track down a fix. Unfortunately it is very difficult to reproduce on our internal environments where our debugging tools can give us a better look into things.

This is on my list to try and get fixed in between other feature development.

If helps, I never get the glitch in dungeons or lairs. It only happens on regular maps and at least some skirmishes. (it happened repeatedly in Orc Assault.) Teleporting triggers it most of the time, though there may be other things.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother