test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it possible to start an Epic Dungeon Solo/Duo?

pawrdonepawrdone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hello, All!
A Friend and I started Neverwinter together, and We haven't had any trouble defeating all of the Dungeon/raids throughout the Storyline (As a Duo).

We just hit 60 Last night, and are looking to start running epic dungeons; Starting with the Cloak tower, as we feel most comfortable there.

However, when we tried to join the dungeon, we only had 2 options (that we could find).
Option 1: Run the low level version.
Option 2: Queue for it on the homepage, which automatically assigns us to a group of 5.

Is it possible to enter this epic dungeon as a Duo Only, Without having to be assigned to a Group of 5?

Thank you for your time,
And I appreciate the responses =).

P.S. In case it's relevant, I'm an 11.2k HR, He's a 9.5k TR.
Post edited by pawrdone on

Comments

• Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I believe that there is no convenient method for now, but a way could be inviting three friends to help in the queue, which they can leave shortly after entering the dungeon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pawrdonepawrdone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for letting me know, Helloz2 =).
    However, I am very disappointed that this is not possible =(.

Thank you for your time =). And Best of Luck in Neverwinter! =)
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    helloz2 wrote: »
    I believe that there is no convenient method for now, but a way could be inviting three friends to help in the queue, which they can leave shortly after entering the dungeon.

Technically that wouldn't work either, because, the queue could at any point add new replacements and kicking them would be against the ToS (which is bannable) as you are effectively denying them content and messing up their DD.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What you can do is get some people to agree to queue in with you and leave (friends, guild, searching in the new "under 9k" channel for handicap play). Set party to closed on your social menu before entering so the game won't try to refill empty slots. Alternatively, if people queue in with characters they don't want to play at the moment, they can relog other characters and their party slots will remain full but disconnected.

In essence, you can do it, but not without the cooperation of other players.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, get friends to log their alts in and leave them at the campfire.

Bear in mind that even in something as faceroll as CT, two-manning it with two squishy classes, one of which draws ALL THE AGGRO EVER and the other of which can straight-up hide....might not be all that much fun.
  • Options
    veramis1veramis1 Banned Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?610151-Under-9000-Guild-and-Custom-Channel-for-Deliberate-Handicapped-Gaming

I made a channel for people to find help queuing into dungeons for 2/3/4 man runs, but right now it isn't that big and most of the people in it aren't participating much. But if you are still interested, /channel_join under9000 .

Keep in mind it has a rule though, to have people who help queue you in be tipped 1 preservation ward for their time. And hopefully this little incentive will encourage people to join the channel simply to help queue people in for a tip.
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That's a good idea. Sucks to be forced to group if we don't want to. It can be a ton of fun to try to solo/duo a raid/epic something. Gotta test the skills! hehe
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    Technically that wouldn't work either, because, the queue could at any point add new replacements and kicking them would be against the ToS (which is bannable) as you are effectively denying them content and messing up their DD.
    Err... NO.

Kicking others from a DD group for any reason is NOT a bannable offense. Other behaviour leading up to a kick may be, but kicking people from a group is in and of itself not a bannable offense.
  • Options
    xabersedgexabersedge Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    It would be nice if the party leader could set a party size limit. This would make sure you could get into and play through without waiting on a queue or having to kick. I thinking kicking peeps out for such an ego/greed driven reason is a real a$$ thing to do since this is a social Dungeons&Dragons game but whatevs. I also think that this is a party parameter that needs to be set only at the outset of a party and restricted to the first 5 minutes or so of the delve. Otherwise people will abuse it buy running the dungeons, setting the limit and then kicking, which is even worse. So, set party limit, set limit in beginning and restrict changes afterward. There you go, easy fix.
    sunElf_Rogue.png