test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Gateway: SCA is too slow!!!

teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Just curious if anybody has felt that using the gateway on a desktop has seemed slow or slightly lagged/hanging a bit more than usual? I don't know if it's observer error but it really seems like last day or so it hangs every button click, every accept, every new mission etc. Changing characters, changing tab, etc all seem to hang some and often I have to hit the button twice or have to F5 reload the page a lot and I don't remember it being like this, boo! @Shrugs@
Post edited by teflondon75 on

Comments

• Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gateway hasn't worked right for me at all since mod 3 was released. I have 2 characters and it will only let me view the farmer, the main keeps coming up as not found even though I was playing it game at the time. And I've never seen any tab, button or link for swordcoast.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    In professions I get stuck all the time. Pressing F5 again and again. For the other features (SCA, auction house..) it is slow but I'm not getting stuck.
  • Options
    invalidobjectinvalidobject Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2014
    If using Firefox, go into addons and disable everything. Then see how performance is. Arc is in there...
  • Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Every time I try to connect to the gateway I get an error message from my browser:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to gateway.playneverwinter.com

anyone else having issues with the gateway? I've tried it in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer and can't manage to connect.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, it feels unresponsive.

snotty, if SCA doesn't even show up for you, you're still using a very old version. When was the last time you cleared your browser cache?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is it still down for you guys as I just tried and it loaded fine on my end
  • Options
    grymdaelgrymdael Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I frequently use the gateway to keep my professions active, via either my tablet or via PC when I don't have the available time to log into the game for a session.

I have noticed that the gateway is frequently unresponsive.

For example while collecting rewards, it is often necessary to click a second or third time, (after a pause to allow for a response), to complete the collection.

When reasigning new tasks, (this is the worst part), it will frequently 'time out'.

The only workaround that I have been able to devise, is to log out of the gateway then back in.

However this doesn't always work.

As I use the gateway when windows of opportunity are small, this can result in not being able to collect all rewards and / or reasign tasks to inactive profession slots.

Quite annoying and frustrating.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Have to agree it's laggy and the sound is not functional especially on my nexus tablet..shame really.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    phantasmagorgonphantasmagorgon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I understood there might be some delay while on a mobile device since the processing power is not so wonderful necessarily.

However, in the last two weeks even on a PC the gateway SCA has become so unresponsive as to be tediously boring.

Time delays between selecting dice on a multi-dice attack range from 6 to 15 seconds per die pick. (eg pick die, wait 6-15 seconds for the remaining dice and reroll button to light up again, pick next die, wait again...). But if you complete a requirement or run out of needed dice, no wait for re-roll. bleh

It doesn't matter what type of connection you have either, cellular slow, high speed broad band... slow.

Did you intentionally insert wait time to bore people out of playing or is it broken?

Please, dice games aren't inherently exciting in the first place. Taking 8 minutes to do a tier 1 encounter with rank 15 plus companions is ridiculous. I can't imagine how many hours a tier 6 would take. :(
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's not just SCA. A lot of people are finding there's a noticeable delay in Gateway between clicking a button and having the expected action carry out: profession tasks, AH searches, etc.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    == EDIT 1 ==

(Original post removed. After some more observations, the cause turns out to be Google Chrome's issue.)

== EDIT 2 ==

After even more observations, Gateway does become slower and slower overtime, and cause 0.1 second lag to the game (especially for sound effect) every few seconds. Closing Gateway solves the issue.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i'm using firefox 27.0.1 and SCA seemed to be extremely laggy for me. after clearing my cache, i went into add-ons for plugins and extensions in the firefox drop-down menu. i disabled the skype extension and then changed a number of plugins from "always activate" to "ask to activate". i then closed out of the gateway and reopened it.

i saw no pop ups asking me to activate anything, but this seemed to resolve my laggy issues.

//edit//

i can confirm for you that the problem was the skype extension "skype click to call". i went and re-enabled it and then closed and reopened the gateway... SCA got laggy, pausing after each click and taking about 3-7 seconds before it was responsive again.

and for the ARC naysayers, ARC was not running at all.
  • Options
    teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i'm using firefox 27.0.1 and SCA seemed to be extremely laggy for me. after clearing my cache, i went into add-ons for plugins and extensions in the firefox drop-down menu. i disabled the skype extension and then changed a number of plugins from "always activate" to "ask to activate". i then closed out of the gateway and reopened it.

i saw no pop ups asking me to activate anything, but this seemed to resolve my laggy issues.

//edit//

i can confirm for you that the problem was the skype extension "skype click to call". i went and re-enabled it and then closed and reopened the gateway... SCA got laggy, pausing after each click and taking about 3-7 seconds before it was responsive again.

and for the ARC naysayers, ARC was not running at all.

This was my exact experience. Or I think so anyhow haha. I cleared cache, turned some plugins off for firefox and skype was one of them. Seems much improved now. I'd still enjoy it a touch faster :D But it's very workable now. I also have Arc running and that does not seem to cause any issues for me.

Now just give me accept all button and set all slots to same mission and I'd be SUPER happy haha.
  • Options
    grymdaelgrymdael Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Good to see that some are getting results from advice posted so far.

I run Firefox with updates via the beta channel. At time of posting Firefox is at 28.0.

I don't have the skype plugin installed, nor does disabling all other plugins have any effect.

Perhaps I need to point out that this problem has been prevelent while still running version 27.x.x

On occasion I've tried switching to Chrome.

This has been effective with mixed results, but with little effect when the 'delays' are chronic.
  • Options
    phantasmagorgonphantasmagorgon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So, I downloaded Firefox and ensured that no add-ons plug-ins or extensions were enabled. Disabled sound on the gateway. And viola works fine. This isn't what I would consider a fix, but it is a decent work-around.

And yeah, you'll have to go thru the "one time activation code" stuff again.

Still hope I'll be able to use my regular browser again someday.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    As of 2-27-14, SCA again works in my regular browser without horrendous delays. I'm going to assume that the Dev's fixed whatever the problem was and say with enthusiasm:

THANK YOU!