test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hell Hound Mount

zengiahzengiah Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Is 2500 Zen the correct prize for Hell Hound (green) Mount?
With the upgrades, it will cost like 3.2m AD for an epic mount.. A bit pricey?

Other epic mounts in zenstore cost like 1.35m AD atm.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zengiah on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    2500 is the top end price of rank 2 (80% speed) mounts. So it is on par with other rank 2 mounts.
  • Options
    bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    The interesting thing is, a green mount with 80% speed increase. I thought that it was the speed of blue mounts. Looking at the Zen Milk Store the only mounts with 80% is all the blues and the Reanimated Drestier, another green one.

Is it some kind of player base alienation? Start messing with the speed of the various grades of rarity and them launch legendary mounts with 110%+ speed when no one is looking?
  • Options
    zargorius666zargorius666 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    bdragonb wrote: »
    The interesting thing is, a green mount with 80% speed increase. I thought that it was the speed of blue mounts. Looking at the Zen Milk Store the only mounts with 80% is all the blues and the Reanimated Drestier, another green one.

Is it some kind of player base alienation? Start messing with the speed of the various grades of rarity and them launch legendary mounts with 110%+ speed when no one is looking?

More probably somebody forgot to set it to blue.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

There has actually been a rank 3 (110% speed) mount in the game since open beta. The Guardian pack's mount.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mount speed and commonality are not one in the same, although epic mounts have been consistently at 110% speed.
  • Options
    zengiahzengiah Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Actually I dont understand why there is a rank 2 green mount.

Can someone explain how commonality works versus rank?

I mean there are blue rank 2 mounts and green rank 2 in the zen-store. Since both can be bought, how do the commonality diffrence between them?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    mount speed and commonality are not one in the same, although epic mounts have been consistently at 110% speed.

So what exactly does commonality mean when you are dealing with a zen store mount? I'd say the purple ones are more common than the green or blue because why would anyone spend zen/money on a slow mount.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Color is disconnected from both price and rank. It's meaningless, ignore it. Color could have been a rule-of-thumb, but the number of exceptions has increased to at least five, so don't bother.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The interesting thing is, a green mount with 80% speed increase.

Does speed get increased when the mount is upgraded? Then a green 80% would have great potential.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Does speed get increased when the mount is upgraded? Then a green 80% would have great potential.

Training is applied based on "rank", not "commonality/color", so it behaves as usual, or at least it should...
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi all!
    About Hellhound i am considering to buy agan zen .
    But before i mislead my self can some dev give me an official feedback ?
    My question is : If i buy the green mount with 80 % running speed for 2.5k zen ,and buy agan 2k zen (trade my zen to ad ) and buy from it mount upgrade the blue hellhound will give me 110% running speed or not ?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    So what exactly does commonality mean when you are dealing with a zen store mount? I'd say the purple ones are more common than the green or blue because why would anyone spend zen/money on a slow mount.

When it comes to mounts, there are TWO stats:

Quality and Rank: Rank is the Speed and I believe the Quality is the knock-off stats. I could be mistaken here, but I have a LOT of mounts and this is what I am hypothesizing on. I have a couple BLUE mounts that are RANK 3 (110%) - but the knock-off number of its/health percentage is in-line with BLUE. Note: RANK could be all the stats (speed AND knock-off) and Quality could simply be the rarity/visual only, as with the new shiny beetle).

I both the Hellhound (I was waiting for this one a long time and happy it's Z-Store and not lockbox!) - It's a GREEN "Quality" but appears to be "RANK 2" (80% speed with low knock-off stats).

Speed: 80% like a Blue Knock-off: 4-Hits/5 Second or 12% of hit point in single attack - just like a Blue.

I don't know if my hypothesis is correct, but this is what I am discerning based on what I'm seeing. And because the speed is a Rank 2, the cost (2500) is justified the way I see it.

It could simply be that this is a "Green-Plus", just like there is a Companion that is a "Blue-Plus" - the Tomb Spider is a "Blue-Plus" and costs more than all other blue companions, though I'm not sure what the "Plus" difference is. In mounts it is obvious: Movement speed.

UPDATE: I just logged-in and checked it's states: YES: It is a RANK 2, and the icon in inventory and on the Z-Store show a +2 - so it is a Green +2 Mount. Now because of this, I don't know how Training Tomes are affected (still have to upgrade to Blue or can you go directly to Purple - though the color never changes, hence the "Rank" stat.) I suspect it is only ONE UPGRADE step - since it is already a Rank 2, you only need to upgrade it to Rank 3.

I'm just guessing here as I'm not prepared to attempt upgrading it yet. And by the way - I'm *loving* the idle and space-bar animations and the summoning "splat of fire" is fun, too.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There are three speeds of mounts (four speeds if you count the extra-slow rental horses).
    There are now five colours of mounts. This corresponds to exactly nothing.

White: 50% (and 40% rentals)
    Green: 50% or 80%
    Blue: 80% or 110% (Guardian pack horse only?)
    Purple: 110%
    Orange: 110%

I took a look at the hits-to-dismount on the Hellhound, and they're the same as for any other 80% speed mount. Essentially, the colour-coding system is confusing and illogical, because the colours for mounts don't actually represent anything consistent, just an arbitrary designation of rarity.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Essentially, the colour-coding system is confusing and illogical, because the colours for mounts don't actually represent anything consistent, just an arbitrary designation of rarity.

I am thinking this is the case, as strongly evidenced by the new shiny beetle lockbox mount: rarity is a cosmetic stat only. And since Z-Store items don;t actually drop in game, the very idea of a "rarity" stat is actually moot. Rarity is supposed to be a stat for drop-frequency in game. At least, that's how the original stat applied in early Cryptic days (Star Trel Online and Champions don;t apply "rarity" colors to any C-Store/Z-Store items - only minimum ranks/levels of players and whether it is account-wide/character-only).

TL;DR: Probably better to just ignore colors altogether and just focus on actual stats. Hellhound mount, for all intents and purposes, is identical to a "Blue quality" mount.
  • Options
    hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not to mention really cool!
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So why would anyone pay zen for a slow mount? I find my purple mount to be barely adequate.
  • Options
    sasorassasoras Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    So why would anyone pay zen for a slow mount? I find my purple mount to be barely adequate.

Pure aesthetic value.