test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Either Fix "Reccommend" or throw it out with the trash

runehamruneham Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
This feature is so broken that it can't even deal with one stat.

Last night I looted a ring with one stat. Recovery.

I already had a ring with only recovery on it. This "feature" of the game actually reccommended that I replace my ring with the new one at a loss of 180 recovery.

To be honest, if I moved the enchantment from the old ring to the new one I would only have a net loss of some 60 recovery and 1/2gp.

Can it be any more broken that that?
Post edited by runeham on

Comments

• Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    runeham wrote: »
    This feature is so broken that it can't even deal with one stat.

Last night I looted a ring with one stat. Recovery.

I already had a ring with only recovery on it. This "feature" of the game actually reccommended that I replace my ring with the new one at a loss of 180 recovery.

To be honest, if I moved the enchantment from the old ring to the new one I would only have a net loss of some 60 recovery and 1/2gp.

Can it be any more broken that that?

The current system recommends Purple over blue over green over white regardless of level. So a level 1 blue ring would be recommended over a level 60 green ring. When two items have the same quality, then it recommends the higher level regardless of total bonuses.

A good improvement would be to have it check the total value of all bonuses and ignore quality. Give all slots a fixed bonus, rather than comparing the value of the enchantments since the player will probably want to move the higher-quality enchantment over and the only valuable comparison is the presence of a slot compared to the absence of a slot.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This "recommended" stuff is terribly misleading and need a huge change. The minimum it should do is to sum up all the stats and compare it to the active item. That, alone, is still not enough as it might suggest weird things i.e. movement over recovery to a CW or defense over crit for a TR...
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Everything I've seen (personal experience, several chars leveled) suggests that it is entirely based on sell value in gp, as shown on the item. I don't know if it is entirely true, but have not seen any other case. They do need to fix this because I and along with any person who has been playing awhile, am getting tired of explaining it to new players in chat.
    And yeah, Ryugasirius' warning is correct. I doubt they can make this effective, and they should probably just turn it off.

EDIT: What I originally typed may have sounded like I was complaining about tossing in my 2cents here. Corrected it to explain that someone asks the question in our guild chat every couple of days, usually a recent joiner. They have many questions and we love to answer, but some they should not have to wonder about.. the game just makes them do so.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The current system recommends Purple over blue over green over white regardless of level.

Not strictly accurate. It recommends based on the item sell value, so at whatever level a green item is worth more than a lower level blue item, the system will start recommending the green instead.

You can see this most clearly when comparing a green single-stat item to a higher level white one with the same single stat.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia