Install Arc
Options

Both epic/legendary mount being beetle is in bad taste

2»

Comments

• Options
    chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They should make the Emperor beetle with 200% speed Bonus, and make them fly above the sky, like in Everquest 2. we NEED a real flying mount, not just hovering over the ground!
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hooli78 wrote: »
    Anyone else think that Cryptic was making a John and Yoko joke with the mounts? John Lennon being the Giant Beetle, and Yoko the Emperor Beetle. I want a yellow submarine mount.

Wow, that's amazingly meta. Had not occurred to me. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    xxkarmasangelxxxxkarmasangelxx Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I needed a place to post and test to see if i can post and possibly see if this was why i cant creat a new post to place my foundry, so i chose here -dont know why- and dusk unicorn is the best mount =o

thx <3
  • Options
    zenzeezenzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Insects gimme the willies! I am so happy I will never get this.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They should make the Emperor beetle with 200% speed Bonus, and make them fly above the sky, like in Everquest 2. we NEED a real flying mount, not just hovering over the ground!

They would actually need areas big enough to fly in for this. Since its instanced with no open world, don't see it ever happening. Might get a hovering mount at some point though.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    "Who wants to ride on the bland looking beetle?"

Really? That's what bothers you most- or is it a euphemism?
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    veramis1 wrote: »
    Most people would prefer the emperor beetle appearance, but this legendary mount is much rarer than the epic mount. Judging by the dozens of thayan books and giant beetles being found but no emperor beetle yet since I logged in to new patch, the vast majority of people are going to get the aesthetically inferior one and really who wants to ride on the bland looking beetle?

I'm quite sure I speak for the majority of people when I say it would've been better if the emperor beetle didn't exist but its appearance given to the giant beetle, but nooo... cryptic wants to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off everyone. I predict the ugly giant beetle will be the record lowest cost epic mount in the game within the next 24 hours.

"Taste" is subjective. Therefore the OP is RONG.

Pffft. LOL Okay, the Beetle is okay. I'm considering just buying one from AH for my TR Halfling. The Owlbear is just... eeewww (-shivers-)

My comment and response to the OP: </rongue-in-cheek=on> You're either an extreme liberal or on drugs if you believe your "tastes" are superior to everyone else's. Just saying. Sure, it's your opinion and I respect your right to it. But c'mon. Srsly. Getreal. </tongue-in-cheek=off>

I think that Beetle is a beeoootiful thing. Especially the standard Epic version. The Legendary version is too shiny for my tastes. And since my taste trumps all of your tastes, IAMRITE and URRONG.

Oh and this:
    veramis1 wrote: »
    I'm quite sure I speak for the majority of people when I say...
    Presumptuous much? #Justasking

~winks~

(Seriously: I think the Beetle isn't all that bad and I am seriously considering one for my Halfling. The good thing about the plain beetle: people will be dumping it on AH dirt cheap = win for me.)

Side note: can someone let me know if a Small Stag appears in the AH? That's what I really want for my Halfling. But they've dried-up and this lockbox is murder on Trade Bar awards.
  • Options
    veramis1veramis1 Banned Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    kattefjaes wrote:
    "Who wants to ride on the bland looking beetle?"

Really? That's what bothers you most- or is it a euphemism?

Until this lockbox, all lockbox mounts were unique enough to justify getting one instead of the potentially cheaper account-wide zen store mounts. The nightmare lockbox gave a horse with flames coming off it, the feywild lockbox gave a stag with big antlers, covered in moss and fur, dark forest lockbox gave an owlbear, and rusted lockbox gave a lobster-looking machine.

The unearthed box gives two beetles, one that is as plain and boring as any beetle in real life can get and is much less interesting than most zen store mounts, and another beetle with a dozen different colors that makes the many different body parts of the beetle noticeable, and make the beetle unique and worth considering buying versus other mounts.
    "Taste" is subjective. Therefore the OP is RONG.

Why would cryptic make the more colorful beetle rarer than the dark grey one? And how many beetles do you see in town? When feywild, dark forest, and rusted lockboxes came out, I saw a lot more of these lockboxes' unique mounts running around town, and a lot less of them sitting around in the auction house compared to the beetle.
    Pffft. LOL Okay, the Beetle is okay. I'm considering just buying one from AH for my TR Halfling. The Owlbear is just... eeewww (-shivers-)

There is little that makes the black giant beetle unique, and that's why there's dozens of them sitting in the AH at a lower price than the other epic mounts ever were except for the apparatus, not because people didn't like the apparatus mount but because rusted lockboxes were so popular the ad:zen ratio skyrocketed from 325 to perpetually 495+ for over a week after release, whereas this lockbox only raised zen ad ratio from ~360 to ~380 nearly one week in. Despite there being many more apparatuses being found and posted in the AH, apparatus prices stayed at 600k for over two weeks after rusted lockbox was released, whereas the giant beetle sells for ~500k right now, and if giant beetle prices ever go up it would be because people are realizing the unearthed lockbox gives bad financial return as myself and others have tested and come to that conclusion from opening boxes on preview.
    My comment and response to the OP: </rongue-in-cheek=on> You're either an extreme liberal or on drugs if you believe your "tastes" are superior to everyone else's. Just saying. Sure, it's your opinion and I respect your right to it. But c'mon. Srsly. Getreal. </tongue-in-cheek=off>

Don't just look at me for information regarding the desirability of the giant beetle, go look at the prices of them in the AH, how many there are in the AH, and how many of them are running around in town. And try to look at it from the perspective of a woman. Most women simply hate insects like beetles, and that alone will make a large percent of the population steer clear of this mount, then when you consider the giant beetle is also one of the most bland looking mounts in the game, even compared to many green and blue mounts, and you remove the beetle from the list of many more people.
    I think that Beetle is a beeoootiful thing. Especially the standard Epic version. The Legendary version is too shiny for my tastes. And since my taste trumps all of your tastes, IAMRITE and URRONG.

And try to look at it from the perspective of a woman. Most women simply hate insects like beetles, and that alone will make a large percent of the population steer clear of this mount, then when you consider the giant beetle is also one of the most bland looking mounts in the game, even compared to many green and blue mounts, and you remove the beetle from the list of many more people.
    Presumptuous much? #Justasking

~winks~

(Seriously: I think the Beetle isn't all that bad and I am seriously considering one for my Halfling. The good thing about the plain beetle: people will be dumping it on AH dirt cheap = win for me.)

It is a fact. This is a fantasy game, people don't care if the emperor beetle appearance is "too shiny", it is what makes it unique and much more interesting than the plain black beetle. Go ahead and get the beetle, it is about the cheapest price epic mount you can get despite many people still opening rusted lockbox since that box gives better financial return.
    Side note: can someone let me know if a Small Stag appears in the AH? That's what I really want for my Halfling. But they've dried-up and this lockbox is murder on Trade Bar awards.

The droprate of epics from lockbox is very low, and considering a lot of people are losing money on the new lockbox, you might as well buy your ugly giant beetle now, because like the feywild lockbox, the epic drops from them will skyrocket in price once enough people have been cheated by the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> items and low drop rates and no longer bother with this bad lockbox.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Short answer to ALL your comments (I'm looking at you, OP): It swells lockboxes. That is the end to all of this. Need more be said? Really?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Unable to edit posts right now and compose window is unreadable - sorry for misspelling - "swells" is meant to be "sells".
  • Options
    veramis1veramis1 Banned Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Short answer to ALL your comments (I'm looking at you, OP): It swells lockboxes. That is the end to all of this. Need more be said? Really?

Lockboxes aren't selling anywhere as well as when the other lockboxes were released, and is an even worse flop than the feywild lockbox. Releasing new lockboxes in this kind of game is essential to both prop up the ad:zen ratio and zen:dollar ratio. People were so disappointed by the unearthed lockbox that for the first 24 hours of release, ad:zen ratio actually fell down to 360, from a temporary 400 height at the beginning due to speculation, as the people who invested in zen tested profitability on preview and decided to sell off all of their zen ASAP. Right now it is at 380, but it most certainly will be dropping down despite the gold spammers selling off their AD at all-time lows since the value of zen relative to dollar is also being hurt due to the worthlessness of the new box, and the new lockbox's inability to prop up the value of zen to dollar.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wouldn't worry about it. The economic evidence proves the failure of this particular mount concept. I have faith that the almighty $ will steer future development.

You want to see some REAL money cryptic? Put some young dragon mounts out. I would move heaven and earth to ride a young gold dragon around, and so would most other players. A big beetle? really? what crazy person thought this would be a great idea?
  • Options
    hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There are lots of reasons that the exchange didn't reach predicted levels, only one of them being poor enchanted key sales. In fact I would argue that the number of Emperor Beetles on the AH confirm at least good, if not great sales. Keep in mind that a few wealthy traders with cold feet could have caused that drop, and other traders not wanting to get stuck with a bunch of expensive Zen could be preventing a bigger rise.
This discussion has been closed.