test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ranger's Grasping Roots passive and GWF's Unstoppable

renegadegod3renegadegod3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So unstoppable is the GWF's class feature that makes you immune to control effects. Ranger's Grasping Roots passive is a CONTROL EFFECT that keeps your target from going to far away from a certain point. I want to know why it is that when a GWF is unstoppable, which need I remind makes you immune to ALL CONTROL EFFECTS, does not work against the Hunter's Grasping Roots passive, which is a CONTROL EFFECT?
Post edited by renegadegod3 on

Comments

• midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is a known bug that is acknowledged by the devs.
  • lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Acknowledged and still nothing done to fix it. So welcome to neverwinter were bugs are everywhere and rarely get patched.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i remember a time when stealth and unstoppable were bugged and it took a while before that was fixed because, the way i understand it, the cause of it could not be replicated so that it could be isolated and fixed. whether that was the case or not, today, those bugs don't exist so that tells me that the aforementioned bug with roots will eventually get fixed.

the claim that "still nothing done to fix it" is assumption since bug fixes do need to be first isolated and programmed and then sent to QA for testing. plus internal processes aren't shared or publicly known. and there's no telling what else is in the pipeline to fix or program.
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This was said to be fixed on the preview shard. I remember it in the patch notes. It's only a matter of time before it goes live.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?584771-Shadowmantle-PvP-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-14-20140114b-2

and here you go. The patch notes that say they're fixing it.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    This was said to be fixed on the preview shard. I remember it in the patch notes. It's only a matter of time before it goes live.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?584771-Shadowmantle-PvP-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-14-20140114b-2

and here you go. The patch notes that say they're fixing it.

also to note, this is on the shard doing pvp testing so probably once this stuff goes live, this issue will be fixed.
  • dashartzdashartz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is Villains menace(gf) going to be fixed as well? And how about the being able to block most of the HR control effects with a shield?
  • lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Key word is eventually. All bugs will eventually be fixed it's just the turn around which takes a long time and I do mean a long time. This has been a known big since the module. Plus I don't see the point in releasing buggy content that's just me I wouldn't release a half finished project.
  • gvstonergvstoner Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why DELAY bug fixes? Stupid, SO stupid. How long would it take to fix the bug? Not long at all. But hey, let's wait a few weeks/months and release it with mod3 JUST BECAUSE WE CAN. We don't care our game is bugged, we get paid nonetheless!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    . . . .Closing this now as there is no need for a thread on this in General and there is no need to insult the developers.
This discussion has been closed.