test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reagents a must have to upgrade runes now?

kinokarakinokara Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
really? its so hard to find them ive gotten like maybe 1 from a chest and now i see that u cant make even a lvl 2 rune without them? i think that kind of sux i can see it would make sense for runes above level 5 but the lower lvl ones no. not fair. now i have all these runes stacking up they take up space like no tomorow and i cant upgrade ANY of them cause i dont got these 'reagents'. So now u have to pay to make a lvl 2 rune?=[ not cool!
Post edited by kinokara on

Comments

• rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It has been like that since Mod 2 came out back in Dec
  • kinokarakinokara Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    yah i havnt been active much lately had the pc in for hard drive failure (Q_Q) but like are you for realO.O thats really dissapointing=/
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bear in mind that you can use all the low-level items for refinement points and avoid upgrading any of them at all. In fact, it's more efficient not to, both because of the reagents and diminishing refinement points.

You don't have to go 1,2,3,4... you can take the highest rank thing you have and plug everything else into it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The dread ring kind of fixes this a lot. Get the Gauntlets to open Arcane coffers and have a chance to get 1 a day. Now that's not much for one person but because they're not to difficult to get in Dread ring Dungeons the AH prices for these reagents aren't all that expensive. So not to many people complain about it. Only the blue quality Reagents are a pain and hopefully they will become more common in the future.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Except for the scarcity of the blue marks, the system really is an improvement. Between the refining system and unslotting enchantments for gold, it's really easy to have all rank 5s when you hit level 60. Make sure to loot every chest and node you come across. Once you're 60 and want to improve your stuff beyond 5s, it's better to just buy rank 6s as currently they're at or below the cost of the blue mark you need to make them. But rank 6s and feed your old 5s to them to start ranking those up. Then over time, buy blue marks if you haven't found them and make rank 7s. Work on them slowly, looting chests and nodes as you go, and keep working. Yes, it's hard to get purple marks without paying AD, but they do drop in epic dungeons and it's a lot easier to go past rank 7 under the new system, even if you have to pay some AD first. Running the dungeons should provide you with either the purple marks or enough AD to buy them. If you don't run dungeons, the content isn't hard enough by far to require enchants of that high a level anyway.

Also, since you've just returned, make sure to talk to Sgt. Knox and do the artifact quest. Ranking your artifact up will take up every enchantment or rune that you find for a good long time.

Finally: Unless you're making greater than rank 7 enchants, there's no reason to rank up anything you don't have slotting into your gear. If you have your artifact and all your enchantments ready to rank up but don't have the marks to do it with, start selling additional runestones and enchants on the AH until you have enough AD to buy the mark(s) you need. Also, don't forget that any type of enchanment, rather normal (Dark, Azure, Profane, etc...) or even weapon/armor enchants or shards can be used as RP for any other type. Some are more efficient for certain things than others though. As long as you've got just one item that isn't ready to refine, there's no reason to clutter up your inventory with runestones or enchantments.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • spiffymcbangspiffymcbang Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If I stuff lower level enchants into something that's already able to be upgraded, save the lack of marks, will those points be saved and applied to the next level? I can't imagine anybody buying this stuff on the AH, given how frequently it drops. Maybe I'd be better off just getting some silver for it.
  • maatmonsmaatmons Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nevermind. Artifacts were already mentioned.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If I stuff lower level enchants into something that's already able to be upgraded, save the lack of marks, will those points be saved and applied to the next level? I can't imagine anybody buying this stuff on the AH, given how frequently it drops. Maybe I'd be better off just getting some silver for it.

Yes you can go over the required points need for the upgrade and those points will be available for the next level.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kinokara wrote: »
    really? its so hard to find them ive gotten like maybe 1 from a chest and now i see that u cant make even a lvl 2 rune without them? i think that kind of sux i can see it would make sense for runes above level 5 but the lower lvl ones no. not fair. now i have all these runes stacking up they take up space like no tomorow and i cant upgrade ANY of them cause i dont got these 'reagents'. So now u have to pay to make a lvl 2 rune?=[ not cool!

I don't know if you know that, but you can buy a Mark of Potency (blue or purple) from the Wondrous Bazar.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • kinokarakinokara Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    yes expired i am aware of that. it just kind of sux for getting runes now.